EA Forums - Banner

Are we ever getting this face-off feature back?

nickels55
177 posts Member
Remember once upon a time we had the the ability to switch players before the puck was dropped? I mean, this used to be in the game back when they were on cartridges. I want the ability to become a defenseman, swap which player controls the face-off, or change to the opposite winger depending on the situation. How about more face-off options in general.

Replies

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Just guessing but you're not good at faceoffs?
    Post edited by Taste-D-Rainbow on
  • I am all for options with a game and I do remember this feature but it's been awhile since its been seen so it most likely isn't coming back.

There are several features I think the NHL series could benefit from but don't relate to this topic so I will keep them to myself for now.

But I think more can be done to the faceoff system, and adding a couple new formations to the game including late game formation of the center taking the draw with on defenseman behind him and three players off to the left or right depending on which circle the faceoff is in.

It is little things like that, that would help the game incorporate a strategy element that has been missing in NHL games for awhile now, and as a hockey fan having to strategize is part of the fun.
  • nickels55
    177 posts Member

I play vs with a buddy and when not taking faceoffs I like to take the next best player on the ice. Depending on the situation it is usually not the default player that I am forced to play, and when I try to change immediately to him it is already too late. How about be constructive or shut your face?
  • nickels55 wrote: »
    Remember once upon a time we had the the ability to switch players before the puck was dropped? I mean, this used to be in the game back when they were on cartridges. I want the ability to become a defenseman, swap which player controls the face-off, or change to the opposite winger depending on the situation. How about more face-off options in general.

This needs to happen!! At least let us switch players IMMEDIATELY when we realize we lost a faceoff instead of being forced into a 2-3 second "your SOL" moment.

This doesn't have anything to do with being bad or good at faceoffs. Obviously it sucks more if you are bad at them, but even being good still has their problems associated. For example, your defenders receiving the puck are always flat-footed or stuck in a reach-back animation. Maybe in some situations it's a better play to let your AI take the faceoff so you can position your other player better, like blocking the one-timer attempt in your own zone.