EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 CHEL NOTES - HUT Deep dive

Andrew Marks HUT Producer and Nicholas Shewchuk Live Content Producer discuss HUT in NHL 20.
Check it out here.

This ip booting has got to stop

h8ttrick
1661 posts Member
Played a game today first minute got booted this is insane it is making the game unplayable with the % of booting and connection manipulation I can't even enjoy my favorite game.

Replies

• EA are scum they only care about money, they wont fix it this year maybe not even in NHL18. My advice dont play HUT or atleast CS anymore
  • Sinbin
    1280 posts Member
    EA can't really fix IP booting. NHL, like most other games, uses a peer to peer connection. They would need dedicated servers which has pros and cons. The con mainly being that the farther you are from the server, the worse your connection. Whereas with peer to peer, you can get someone in your region and have a better connection.

EA can't fix it because it's not broken. It's not a bug. If someone has the means to see which IPs they are connected to and they have the necessary software, they can flood your network and kick you offline. Look up what IP booting is before you just assume it's a problem with the game. It's a problem with the people. They choose to cheat like this. The desync issue is on EA's end though. That's a lot different than IP booting.
  • the least EA can do is take the proof of someone IP booting and delete there team and ban there IP address from HUT
  • CZEhut
    22 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    h8ttrick wrote: »
    Played a game today first minute got booted this is insane it is making the game unplayable with the % of booting and connection manipulation I can't even enjoy my favorite game.

i play couple game on CS and never booting me only try desynch glich :)
    if you people booting on game save screen oponnent where is see PSN id / XB and look EA help

REPORT PLAYERS FOR CHEATING, ABUSE, AND HARASSMENT

https://t.co/ztFU4X2OAL

now is new method IP booting on CS play people max to rank 100-300 ( 3x win DNF on 1min last game LOST rage quit and again 3x win DNF and LOST rage quit )

It's funny what some of them are doing for winner virtual game and cards ....
  • verrette99
    716 posts Member
    edited May 2017
    Just got ip booted for the 1st time ! His psn is steamboatwilly81
    Post edited by verrette99 on