EA Forums - Banner

Suggestion for tuning of NHL18

SpillGal
336 posts Member
Make goalies a little better on the short side, and slow'em down a little on the cross-crease.

Not even a lousy rebound?

Replies

• CrushNHL
    460 posts Member
    Fix pivoting and the weird spinning and I'm happy.
  • Follisimo
    1044 posts Member
    Uh no goalies don't move fast enough side to side already. If you are talking CPU then I don't care but human goalies don't move with the swiftness and exactness that a CPU does.

• They're not gonna fix that because it's that way for a reason. They made it that way because they know it produces more goals, which is always the main priority.
  • CrushNHL
    460 posts Member
    I can't believe I'm about to say this... but after coming back to the game this last week after about 4 months off, I really feel like NHL 17 is a pretty good game. The pivoting and spinning need to be fixed first and foremost. And of course the AI logic. But as a 1v1 online player, I feel like the game has improved a lot since I last played. I've logged more hours on it the last 7 days then I have the first 7 months combined. I do think the game still has a lot of core gameplay flaws, but I also think that people play so reckless and out of control that they create a lot of their own problems. I've been a top 100 player for years, but even some of my good friends who are top 50, I have been crushing, and I can't believe how reckless they play.

I feel like.. I dunno what changed, but playing good fundamental hockey is now getting me boatloads of wins whereas before it was a recipe for frustrating losses.

If they can make some core gameplay improvements for 18, it could be one of the better NHL games we have gotten.

I might have to take a shower now after praising NHL 17 lol.
  • CrushNHL wrote: »

AGREED. Especially when playing D, the pivoting is very frustrating at times (particularly when there's any sort of lag in EASHL).

AGREED. Especially when playing D, the pivoting is very frustrating at times (particularly when there's any sort of lag in EASHL).
    Yup that's my beef as well, when there's no lag...skating works well....getting lag...it's like driving a world war 1 tank.

Yup that's my beef as well, when there's no lag...skating works well....getting lag...it's like driving a world war 1 tank.

Yea, but lag or no lag, a simple standstill 180 takes forever to perform. Players snap into 180s all the time, but this game doesn't allow it. Always performs at the same speed. Just like poke checks always travel the same distance...

Yea, but lag or no lag, a simple standstill 180 takes forever to perform. Players snap into 180s all the time, but this game doesn't allow it. Always performs at the same speed. Just like poke checks always travel the same distance...
    Maybe the Defensive skill stick will help with that.

Maybe the Defensive skill stick will help with that.

I guess that is a possibility.
  • CrushNHL
    460 posts Member
    I guess this is also part of the spinning/pivoting problem, but also, when the D-man receives a pass near the blue line and he goes into an animation where he drifts backwards to receive it, goes over the line, and then back over for an offsides. Infuriating, and it happens a handful of times every game.