EA Forums - Banner

Stick lift?

Replies

  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Double posted*
    Post edited by The_B_0_G on
  • Sincerly, im getting used to it..i defintely prefer it over last years musketeer battles in the corners, that was ridiculous..guys were spamming the hell out of it. It could be a bit better but at least better than last year( especially beginnigs)
  • Stick lifts are also one of the first things you learn as a kid in training camp. I'll try and pull up a video from that as well then. You mention a lack of stick lifts happening in the CANvsRUS game (NHL in general), yet how many times do you see players jab at the puck at full force with their stick? I'd be willing to bet that there are just as little pokecheck jabs in a game as well.

    Should we get rid of the tool being useful as well then too? Should we only be allowed to hit as defensemen because the sticklifts and pokecheck jabs rarely happen in real hockey?
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Crappy forums triple posted**
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Dhudgiydnjt forums aren't updating quad posted me*
  • mad_rob38 wrote: »
    Sincerly, im getting used to it..i defintely prefer it over last years musketeer battles in the corners, that was ridiculous..guys were spamming the hell out of it. It could be a bit better but at least better than last year( especially beginnigs)

    it doesnt work, the stick goes through the other stick.
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Do you watch hockey ?
    Did you watch the Canada-Russia world cup game yesterday (Canada won 5-3 by the way) ?


    There was literally 4 stick lifts, that whole game. The reason I know this, is because I was specifically watching for this, because of this thread, during that game. And with normal NHL games its no different.

    And showing 2 clips of 2 of the best defensive forwards, scoring 1 goal each during one game of their 30-40 goals per season, in 60 minute game. Ok great.

    But how many stick lifts happen in a game ? Lets get the statistics and compare it ?

    Im sure EA has done their home work and realized the frequency of stick lifts in this game compared to real hockey was way out proportion.

    Yes, we should really trust someone's recount of a 2 and a half hour game even though he denied the actions that happened in his own submitted video which lasted a couple of minutes.
  • Stick lifts are indeed a joke. We should all know Cogs is nothing but an EA shill. If 17 launched with a bug that made the ice brown he would defend it saying "sometimes real ice turns brown! I've played pro and played on brown ice a few times! You must unlearn what you've learned XDDD".
    Stick lift is flat out broken. No, you don't see it in real life because you don't see NHL tier players angling their body into the boards while their sticks are exposed in the middle. Right now total trash tier players are dancing and wiggling around defensemen because there's extremely little that one can do. The majority of people I've seen do nothing except come into the zone and attempt to curl into the boards on the backhand while D are stuck standing there being useless. Can't pokecheck any real skilled player because they're wiggling back and forth with ridiculous 45 degree cuts, wildly changing both their body position and speed every 3rd of a second. You can't hit them because, again they're changing their body position (and with it their angle, as well as giving themselves the ol' invincibility bubble (unless you hit them 100% straight on, then they'll lose it, run into you (because they don't even know they lost the puck yet) and pick it back up through your body)). We confirmed stick lift is useless so we're now down to 2 whole tools to use. Our literal body going through the attackers stick to knock the puck loose (something I've been doing to absolute terrible players for years now) and pass interceptions. WOW! VERY REALISTIC!
    I love the polish of this year, getting into games has NEVER been faster and easier than it is now but this is a terribly balanced tuner.
    It's a very easy fix, there's literally zero reason why anyone should be defending the stick lift in its current form
  • HATR_HURTER
    10 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    How many crushing hits are there per game in the nhl cogs? Cause im averaging more than a team. How many goalie fights per season? Ive already seen around 30. How many blue line goals? Ive seen way too many of those. How about *insert just about any 🎃🎃🎃🎃 thing here*? Cause this isnt even close to the real thing.
  • Lost a game already because of no stick lift. Team I played against scored a tying goal with less than a minute left in the 3rd period and then they scored in overtime. Ridiculous and needs to be fixed soon!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »

    But how many stick lifts happen in a game ? Lets get the statistics and compare it ?


    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Santini3 wrote: »
    L every respectable player I have talked to about it agrees that the stick lift is useless.

    Yes, thats because stick lifts are useless, in real hockey also

    Whatin the heck are you talking about!? Stick lifts are used so often in the corner in real hockey, you cannot be serious. Are seriously this dumb, or is stick lifting illegal in your slow kids floor hockey league? You cannot be a fan of this sport while making atrocious arguements like this one. Your understnading of hockey is medicore at best, and highly doubt you've played at even a remotely competitive level if you think stick lifts aren't used in real hockey.

    Here, I think you belong over in these forums, as you are an obvious lost troll with absolutley no fundamental understaing of the sport of hockey. https://forums.ea.com/en/nba-live/categories/nba-live-general-discussion
  • HipNotiiCx
    97 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    Do you watch hockey ?
    Did you watch the Canada-Russia world cup game yesterday (Canada won 5-3 by the way) ?


    There was literally 4 stick lifts, that whole game. The reason I know this, is because I was specifically watching for this, because of this thread, during that game. And with normal NHL games its no different.

    And showing 2 clips of 2 of the best defensive forwards, scoring 1 goal each during one game of their 30-40 goals per season, in 60 minute game. Ok great.

    But how many stick lifts happen in a game ? Lets get the statistics and compare it ?

    Im sure EA has done their home work and realized the frequency of stick lifts in this game compared to real hockey was way out proportion.


    You do know that stick lifts in the game are supposed to mimic stick battles/attacking the stick in real life, right? Stick battles/stick slashes/taps/attacks/etc... happen on 99% of loose pucks in the NHL. I'm sure you don't have the brain power to actually come to this conclusion yourself, so I'll help you out a bit. You're right, the perfect stick lift and strip is a rarity in real hockey, but a stick tie-up, a pin, and then a change of possession is very very common. In this game, you have to be so perfectly in position to initiate the auto sitck tie-up (holding "A") that is is not realistic at all.

    Having a quick press of the "A" button while someone is in-front of you mimics a defender attacking a players stick rather than the puck. It is a feature that we are not offered in this game, and I honestly have no idea how they'd do it, so the classic sticklift takes the pace of that. Seriously, learn hockey. Love hockey. Understand hockey, before consistiently making a fool of yourself in these forums. it is getting very tiresome trying to read your non-sensical troll-like arguements. The sticklift is a necessity in this game, and it is more than likely the best way they could have a stick on stick defesive tool in the game.
  • COGSx86
    781 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    We have alot of noobies, here in this thread. Questioning my hockey background haha funny. Stick lifts, are very rarely used in real hockey!

    The problem with everyone here is the only tool you learned how to use was stick lift, because it was the only effective tool EA gave you.

    Now that EA has developed and improved the stick on stick contact, poke check and the shoves, you dont need stick lifts. And if you time it right and adjust your playing style these features can be used properly.

    You must unlearn what you have learned.

    Stick lifts for to long were to effective in this game, hence why all you forum goers are upset.





    Lets get the statistics and compare it ?




    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • So COGS' only argument is "clean stick lifts don't happen that often in real life?" Do you not see the tons of other maneuvers we can't perform with our sticks that we can perform in real life? I'd say having a working stick lift (just back to how it was in the beta which was LESS effective than 16 I might add) is a good concession to replace the lacking fidelity we have on defense. And please... don't kid yourself... just because I'm asking for the stick lift to be operational doesn't mean I'm not able to defend how it is right now.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2506 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    What I don't understand is how the computer on the hardest difficulty can stick lift 9/10 times and when they do you feel it in the controller and hear the stick on stick sound. When I try it works 2/10 times usually resulting in a penalty and when I do it successfully, buddie's stick doesn't lift, the puck comes loose but I don't hear or feel anything.
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    We have alot of noobies, here in this thread. Questioning my hockey background haha funny. Stick lifts, are very rarely used in real hockey!

    The problem with everyone here is the only tool you learned how to use was stick lift, because it was the only effective tool EA gave you.

    Now that EA has developed and improved the stick on stick contact, poke check and the shoves, you dont need stick lifts. And if you time it right and adjust your playing style these features can be used properly.

    You must unlearn what you have learned.

    Stick lifts for to long were to effective in this game, hence why all you forum goers are upset.





    Lets get the statistics and compare it ?




    Stick lifts ARE used in hockey, they are used much more in video game hockey because people hold onto the puck way too long in game. Comparing real hockey and nhl 17 is pointless. In real hockey people move the puck before anyone is close enough to stick lift, you only see it in battles along the boards.

    Swatting sticks to knock pucks loose is probably one of the most used defensive plays in real hockey, but thats not even an option in game, so lets not pretend it's realistic. Tying up sticks and stripping the puck is another thing you can't do in game, you can tie up, but only when the other player isn't moving and you can't get the puck doing it either.

    Taking stick lifts away is just taking away another option for defensemen, and gives forwards even more ability to deke around and drag the puck right through defense that are all over them.
  • Sounds like this discussion is getting off topic a bit... Either way, the stick-lift is still broken.

    I had a guy go afk when he was down 4-0, and I couldn't even stick lift his non-moving player. Tried 3-4 times before getting a penalty...
  • SLYQUE wrote: »
    I had a guy go afk when he was down 4-0, and I couldn't even stick lift his non-moving player. Tried 3-4 times before getting a penalty...
    Should've poked. Didn't you know you can only perform 4 proper stick lifts a game?
  • SLYQUE wrote: »
    I had a guy go afk when he was down 4-0, and I couldn't even stick lift his non-moving player. Tried 3-4 times before getting a penalty...
    Should've poked. Didn't you know you can only perform 4 proper stick lifts a game?

    Well.. To be honest, it was more of an experimentation to determine if I could actually lift his stick or not... Fail!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!