EA Forums - Banner

Stick lift?

Replies

• In conclusion if you can't stick lift an AFK the game is clearly broken. Anyone who argues with that is an idiot.
  • With the death of stick lift, Im not seeing humans take Defensive D anymore. Nothing left to make up for their sluggishness.
    Sniper's pokecheck is just as overpowered as Defense Dman's.
    EASHL player
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    We have alot of noobies, here in this thread. Questioning my hockey background haha funny. Stick lifts, are very rarely used in real hockey!

The problem with everyone here is the only tool you learned how to use was stick lift, because it was the only effective tool EA gave you.

Now that EA has developed and improved the stick on stick contact, poke check and the shoves, you dont need stick lifts. And if you time it right and adjust your playing style these features can be used properly.

You must unlearn what you have learned.

Stick lifts for to long were to effective in this game, hence why all you forum goers are upset.

Lets get the statistics and compare it ?

There arent a bunch of massive hits that lay people out in real hockey like there are in this game either. But guess what? Its a product of the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 way people play this game. They just skate down the ice and skate into you half the time, therefore more big hits and more stick lifts.

In real life the puck is a loose object, its not in this game, so times where in real life I would have the puck because johnny dangles skated it straight into my stick, he gets to keep it, so I need to be able to use stick lift to get it from him. It was 100 percent overpowered in last years game, now it is literally useless as your stick just goes through the puck carriers stick.

You mentioned poke check, which is amusing. How many times a game in real hockey have you seen a guy with his back turned to the play swing his stick behind him blindly a bunch of times and perfectly knock the puck loose? Pretty sure I never have, happens constantly in this game though.

TL,DR version: Your schtick is getting old and lacks any real thought. No one cares about how many street hockey championships you won against the kids in your neighborhood. Seriously though, trying to pretend like your Gretzky on here just reeks of desperate attention seeking 🎃🎃🎃🎃
  • I think the saddest part about this thread, is that COGs actually thinks he's somebody worth knowing in the hockey world, despite being one of the leaders of nonsensical arguements on these foums. To top it off, he actually is being 100% genuine with these arguements, not in the least bit trying to troll. Sad.
  • ColonScoper
    157 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The last two posts in this thread are spot on. Can we go back to these forums not existing?
  • The Stick Lift went from WAYYY OP to WAYYY NERFED...

we need a nice balance patch for sure
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    altering physics to get a desired result (i.e. "tone down" the sticklift power) just doesn't sit well with the majority of the players.
  • @megadeth_600 I thought you'd get a kick out of that! :wink:

Also, looking at that match, I notice how different the gameplay was BEFORE the pre-release tuner/patch. See how COGS continuously tries to skate into the high slot and take pot-shots at my goalie? See how the goalie is just STOPPING all those shots?

A far cry from how the game currently plays where shots from "high percentage" areas always go in... :/
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    @megadeth_600 I thought you'd get a kick out of that! :wink:

Also, looking at that match, I notice how different the gameplay was BEFORE the pre-release tuner/patch. See how COGS continuously tries to skate into the high slot and take pot-shots at my goalie? See how the goalie is just STOPPING all those shots?

A far cry from how the game currently plays where shots from "high percentage" areas always go in... :/

You know as well as I do, the game is slowly reverting back to NHL 14. Will be another arcade crappy game and the more I see, the more I do not see myself buying it or any other release. I have had it with this team. They have no clear vision and they never stick to their guns. No matter what changes they make, or promise to make, they always revert to old garbage. Every damned year is a roster update with minor changes. Yea sure they brought alot of customization to EASHL but the game is essentially the same since 15.
  • Lets try to stay on topic here, I removed some posts containing that video, If someones opinion is different thats fine, no need to post a video of their "lack of knowledge" or whatever you wanna call it.

Back on topic please.
    GT - T0o HxC 4u
    TN - HOCKEYTOWN
  • Sad thing is, this wasn't how the game was at first. Ben himself (and his henchmen Frothing_OT and MISSINGCOGSx86 ) can come here and scream until their faces are blue that NOTHING was changed from the BETA until now. But it's a lie... It may not have been an intentional change, but changes were made and not for the better.

I'm not here to point fingers, I don't care WHO did WHAT... The game needs to be fixed so that it's fair for everyone, Goalies, Defensemen and Forwards.

Even most of the top "personalities" around EA NHL are saying the same thing: something is wrong with the game. Things are happening after the pre-release tuner/patch that weren't happening before it dropped. The game has so much potential, but the game is completely unbalanced towards the offensive side, it's not even funny.

Fix it EA!!!
  • HipNotiiCx
    97 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    See the issue being debated is not a subjective issue. It is a known fact that sticklift is not working as intended, and is indeed broken. So, calling out someone's lack of knowledge is not an attack on his opinion over a subjective issue, it is rather reinforcing to COGs that 1+1=2 in elementary math.

So, I think seeing his playstyle was a very relevant point to the "debate" becuase it helped me understand where he's coming from. He likes to figure skate, and is a medicore player that is no doubt taking advantage of one less defensive tool, becuase it gives him a better opportunity to stay in games he has no business being in.

Just my two cents, but I think people should see how good the self-proclaimed hockey God is at this game. I mean, apparently the game is SOOO REALISTIC now because you can't sticklift someone, when in reality, that means COGs can beat his level 3 opponents now because they aren't good enough to adapt without one of the core defensive tools this game had to offer.
  • COGSx86
    781 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »

Ya I remember that game, I thought it was 2-1 for some reason. As you said during the pre-release before the patch correct ? SO that would of been before the stick lift was changed ? How many stick lifts in that game ? Not many ?

Your first goal was a nice play, nice setup wide open in the slot for the one-timer, if you notice I wasnt able to get the player I wanted. I wasnt use to the player swtich system ( I still have trouble a bit)

You said I was spamming the poke check a few times ? lol Im not sure I only seen 2 different points where I hit it twice in a row, not sure if thats spam ?

Anyways, we should chat, on xbox. Im an easy going guy, Im sure we would get along. On the forums words can be interrupted differently and maybe a rematch ?

You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The only thing that was changed as regards the stick lift from the pre-release version was that they made the timing a bit tighter than it used to be from the BETA. If you remember stick lifts are activated on trigger release now.

And yes, as the game went on, you started using the stick lift carelessly as indicated by the number of slashing calls you suffered.

Intent and Tone can be "misinterpreted" on a forum, sure. But the words you use can't be: you try to provoke others by telling them how inferior they are and that your hockey intellect is superior to everyone else's simply based on the premise that YOU at least have no problems with the game. You sound like another "peculiar" member of these forums that still eludes a perma-ban (for reasons unkown) who's name rhymes with "Forking_OP".

If you don't want anyone to attack you, then don't attack anyone yourself. Try to be helpful by trying to see things through someone else's eyes and you'll get less flack from other users and we can all keep chatting on these shiny new forums without the mods "putting everyone in the stockade". Allright, pal?

As for the rematch, once EA patches the mess they've created, I'll gladly hit you up and give you a chance to redeem yourself.
  • COGSx86
    781 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    wrote: »

SO your saying you have stopped playing this game ?

https://imgflip.com/i/1bb0ks
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • CH1l1X95
    41 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    6:50: #42 for Chicago against #19 for TML.
    7:48: #57 for Chicago against #28 for TML.
    10:18: #15 for Chicago against #42 for TML.
    11:21: #19 for Chicago against #51 for TML. Missed sticklift by Toews.
    11:27: #81 for Chicago against #24 for TML. Sticklift turns into a tie up.
    15:08: #19 for Chicago against #51 for TML.
    15:22: #7 for Chicago against #23 for TML.
    16:09: #88 for Chicago against #24 for TML.
    16:37: #47 for Chicago against #24 for TML. Difficult to see due to how fast but it was a sticklift.
    16:53: #86 for Chicago against #19 for TML. Failed sticklift.
    17:03: #28 for Chicago against #28 for TML. Before the puck arrives to the two players
    17:03: #28 for Chicago against #26 for TML. Literally just after the sticklift that happened prior.
    18:47: #81 for Chicago against #43 for TML. Hossa does two rapid sticklifts.
    18:49: #81 for Chicago against #51 for TML. Missed sticklift by Hossa.
    19:32: #72 for Chicago against #44 for TML. Sticklift to a tie-up, then another sticklift.

There you go COGS. 11 minutes of hockey and I found 17 clear sticklifts. There were multiple others but they were either some more misses or weren't clear enough. But please continue on about how useless they are and that they aren't used often.

Post edited by CH1l1X95 on
  • All I remember from my online games last year is them turning into a constant game of stick lifts. It's all a large contingent of players ever did. And it was a terrible game experience. Now having said that it could be tuned up slightly so it functions properly every now and again but not to past years levels. The online game as it is now is a much better game experience. I don't see how this can be argued. Unless you happen to be someone who stick lifted exclusively all game.
  • Santini3 wrote: »
    Lol 🎃🎃🎃🎃 cogs. You can't compare this game to reality in a 1 to 1 sense. I never had a problem in previous games where I felt stick lifts were so OP that they hindered my offensive capability. As it is now it just DOESN'T WORK. Yes, extended stick lifts work if your opponent is standing still but in this game that happens almost never.

I know that when I play hockey in real life I can hold my opponents stick up in the air while he's gliding to my net on the back door (say if I'm on the back check) and in this hand that is not possible.

But apparently COGS thinks that you should have to wait until your opponent is stationary before you try to initiate any sort of stock lift.

It's funny because every respectable player I have talked to about it agrees that the stick lift is useless.

Just because you're not very good doesnt mean that somethings broken. Post your club name please. I feel the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 in statement... COGS is on the money, button mashers are going to have an issue playing d. Theyre impatient and they use the lift incorrectly. If used correctly the lift works well. Just practice a little more rather than crying
  • goat1313 wrote: »
    All I remember from my online games last year is them turning into a constant game of stick lifts. It's all a large contingent of players ever did. And it was a terrible game experience. Now having said that it could be tuned up slightly so it functions properly every now and again but not to past years levels. The online game as it is now is a much better game experience. I don't see how this can be argued. Unless you happen to be someone who stick lifted exclusively all game.

Hit the nail on the head. Bad players who swing out at players on d will hate the current stick lift because it requires proper positioning. The poor players will hate it because the can hold their water and play good team d. They need the puck now so they can hit their cherry picker up ice. Sad that people play that way.... just glad ea isnt rewarding them for it this year.
  • goat1313 wrote: »
    All I remember from my online games last year is them turning into a constant game of stick lifts. It's all a large contingent of players ever did. And it was a terrible game experience. Now having said that it could be tuned up slightly so it functions properly every now and again but not to past years levels. The online game as it is now is a much better game experience. I don't see how this can be argued. Unless you happen to be someone who stick lifted exclusively all game.

Hit the nail on the head. Bad players who swing out at players on d will hate the current stick lift because it requires proper positioning. The poor players will hate it because the can hold their water and play good team d. They need the puck now so they can hit their cherry picker up ice. Sad that people play that way.... just glad ea isnt rewarding them for it this year.

So you think that stick lift in its current state is working properly? Just to be clear.

Im under the impression its triggered upon release instead of press, which is fine...my question is if it is working then why is it if i go face to face to an opponent at different distances does it not work at all, ever. It should be noted that this person im depicting is an AFK user. Ive tried it a couple times in club and hut.

I dont think thats working as intended at all. I agree it shouldn't be an instant (give me the puck spam button) however it should have some use. Like last year when they tuned poke to be almost an instant penalty I thought after a couple games it was great! I was able to adapt and actually loved it...so this isn't a case of "I button mash so Im crying"....

BUT everyone has different views, I'm sure there is a happy medium, and to me this is not it.
    GT - T0o HxC 4u
    TN - HOCKEYTOWN