EA Forums - Banner

Stick lift?

Replies

  • CH1l1X95 wrote: »
    6:50: #42 for Chicago against #19 for TML.
    7:48: #57 for Chicago against #28 for TML.
    10:18: #15 for Chicago against #42 for TML.
    11:21: #19 for Chicago against #51 for TML. Missed sticklift by Toews.
    11:27: #81 for Chicago against #24 for TML. Sticklift turns into a tie up.
    15:08: #19 for Chicago against #51 for TML.
    15:22: #7 for Chicago against #23 for TML.
    16:09: #88 for Chicago against #24 for TML.
    16:37: #47 for Chicago against #24 for TML. Difficult to see due to how fast but it was a sticklift.
    16:53: #86 for Chicago against #19 for TML. Failed sticklift.
    17:03: #28 for Chicago against #28 for TML. Before the puck arrives to the two players
    17:03: #28 for Chicago against #26 for TML. Literally just after the sticklift that happened prior.
    18:47: #81 for Chicago against #43 for TML. Hossa does two rapid sticklifts.
    18:49: #81 for Chicago against #51 for TML. Missed sticklift by Hossa.
    19:32: #72 for Chicago against #44 for TML. Sticklift to a tie-up, then another sticklift.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=T3IfK2I7SOg

    There you go COGS. 11 minutes of hockey and I found 17 clear sticklifts. There were multiple others but they were either some more misses or weren't clear enough. But please continue on about how useless they are and that they aren't used often.

    Off-topic: Is there anyway to show the video on the post and not just a link in the new forum?


    They still work lol. Just quit stick lifting from behind people. Or when ur about to be burnt. Ugh people want to whine about stuff thats pretty sim. The game doesnt have input delay and u cant goalie cheat this year. Its the best game since nhl.... maybe 12. Goalie inference gets addressed and its as good as it can get.
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Santini3 wrote: »
    L every respectable player I have talked to about it agrees that the stick lift is useless.

    Yes, thats because stick lifts are useless, in real hockey also


    thats cause you dont play hockey. Even in street hockey in the back lane people stick lift. You see it all the time in board battles in the nhl. What a stupid statement

    Wrong
  • T0o_HxC_4u wrote: »
    goat1313 wrote: »
    All I remember from my online games last year is them turning into a constant game of stick lifts. It's all a large contingent of players ever did. And it was a terrible game experience. Now having said that it could be tuned up slightly so it functions properly every now and again but not to past years levels. The online game as it is now is a much better game experience. I don't see how this can be argued. Unless you happen to be someone who stick lifted exclusively all game.

    Hit the nail on the head. Bad players who swing out at players on d will hate the current stick lift because it requires proper positioning. The poor players will hate it because the can hold their water and play good team d. They need the puck now so they can hit their cherry picker up ice. Sad that people play that way.... just glad ea isnt rewarding them for it this year.

    So you think that stick lift in its current state is working properly? Just to be clear.

    Im under the impression its triggered upon release instead of press, which is fine...my question is if it is working then why is it if i go face to face to an opponent at different distances does it not work at all, ever. It should be noted that this person im depicting is an AFK user. Ive tried it a couple times in club and hut.

    I dont think thats working as intended at all. I agree it shouldn't be an instant (give me the puck spam button) however it should have some use. Like last year when they tuned poke to be almost an instant penalty I thought after a couple games it was great! I was able to adapt and actually loved it...so this isn't a case of "I button mash so Im crying"....

    BUT everyone has different views, I'm sure there is a happy medium, and to me this is not it.

    Its working fine on my end. When i close the gap and am in proper position i have very little trouble using it. People just havent played enough games. Im at about 200.... once you get the timing and positioning down itd very easy to use.
  • .

    They still work lol. Just quit stick lifting from behind people. Or when ur about to be burnt. Ugh people want to whine about stuff thats pretty sim. The game doesnt have input delay and u cant goalie cheat this year. Its the best game since nhl.... maybe 12. Goalie inference gets addressed and its as good as it can get.

    Except its not sim when you are literally sticklifting through players' sticks. I don't sticklift from behind. If I do, then i should get a penalty for it. I will be right up against a player side-by-side and my player will still miss. I'm not even asking for me to get the puck everytime, all I'm asking is for it to connect correctly and give penalties when used incorrectly. If the sticklift connects and i get the puck 50% of the time in the right position, then I will be more then happy.

    Idk why you brought up input delay or goalies cheating either since I haven't said anything about it... I also agree this has been the best NHL game a at least a few years.
  • T0o_HxC_4u wrote: »
    goat1313 wrote: »
    All I remember from my online games last year is them turning into a constant game of stick lifts. It's all a large contingent of players ever did. And it was a terrible game experience. Now having said that it could be tuned up slightly so it functions properly every now and again but not to past years levels. The online game as it is now is a much better game experience. I don't see how this can be argued. Unless you happen to be someone who stick lifted exclusively all game.

    Hit the nail on the head. Bad players who swing out at players on d will hate the current stick lift because it requires proper positioning. The poor players will hate it because the can hold their water and play good team d. They need the puck now so they can hit their cherry picker up ice. Sad that people play that way.... just glad ea isnt rewarding them for it this year.

    So you think that stick lift in its current state is working properly? Just to be clear.

    Im under the impression its triggered upon release instead of press, which is fine...my question is if it is working then why is it if i go face to face to an opponent at different distances does it not work at all, ever. It should be noted that this person im depicting is an AFK user. Ive tried it a couple times in club and hut.

    I dont think thats working as intended at all. I agree it shouldn't be an instant (give me the puck spam button) however it should have some use. Like last year when they tuned poke to be almost an instant penalty I thought after a couple games it was great! I was able to adapt and actually loved it...so this isn't a case of "I button mash so Im crying"....

    BUT everyone has different views, I'm sure there is a happy medium, and to me this is not it.

    Its working fine on my end. When i close the gap and am in proper position i have very little trouble using it. People just havent played enough games. Im at about 200.... once you get the timing and positioning down itd very easy to use.

    Ive played over 100 games in club and close to 30 in HUT/other game modes, I still dont see it being executed. I understand the positioning and timing...what I dont understand is if both those parts are both correct how it'll miss continuously, I.E. the whole player AFK thing.
    GT - T0o HxC 4u
    TN - HOCKEYTOWN
  • T0o_HxC_4u wrote: »
    goat1313 wrote: »
    All I remember from my online games last year is them turning into a constant game of stick lifts. It's all a large contingent of players ever did. And it was a terrible game experience. Now having said that it could be tuned up slightly so it functions properly every now and again but not to past years levels. The online game as it is now is a much better game experience. I don't see how this can be argued. Unless you happen to be someone who stick lifted exclusively all game.

    Hit the nail on the head. Bad players who swing out at players on d will hate the current stick lift because it requires proper positioning. The poor players will hate it because the can hold their water and play good team d. They need the puck now so they can hit their cherry picker up ice. Sad that people play that way.... just glad ea isnt rewarding them for it this year.

    So you think that stick lift in its current state is working properly? Just to be clear.

    Im under the impression its triggered upon release instead of press, which is fine...my question is if it is working then why is it if i go face to face to an opponent at different distances does it not work at all, ever. It should be noted that this person im depicting is an AFK user. Ive tried it a couple times in club and hut.

    I dont think thats working as intended at all. I agree it shouldn't be an instant (give me the puck spam button) however it should have some use. Like last year when they tuned poke to be almost an instant penalty I thought after a couple games it was great! I was able to adapt and actually loved it...so this isn't a case of "I button mash so Im crying"....

    BUT everyone has different views, I'm sure there is a happy medium, and to me this is not it.

    Its working fine on my end. When i close the gap and am in proper position i have very little trouble using it. People just havent played enough games. Im at about 200.... once you get the timing and positioning down itd very easy to use.



    Watch that video and try to tell me stick lift is working.
  • CH1l1X95 wrote: »
    6:50: #42 for Chicago against #19 for TML.
    7:48: #57 for Chicago against #28 for TML.
    10:18: #15 for Chicago against #42 for TML.
    11:21: #19 for Chicago against #51 for TML. Missed sticklift by Toews.
    11:27: #81 for Chicago against #24 for TML. Sticklift turns into a tie up.
    15:08: #19 for Chicago against #51 for TML.
    15:22: #7 for Chicago against #23 for TML.
    16:09: #88 for Chicago against #24 for TML.
    16:37: #47 for Chicago against #24 for TML. Difficult to see due to how fast but it was a sticklift.
    16:53: #86 for Chicago against #19 for TML. Failed sticklift.
    17:03: #28 for Chicago against #28 for TML. Before the puck arrives to the two players
    17:03: #28 for Chicago against #26 for TML. Literally just after the sticklift that happened prior.
    18:47: #81 for Chicago against #43 for TML. Hossa does two rapid sticklifts.
    18:49: #81 for Chicago against #51 for TML. Missed sticklift by Hossa.
    19:32: #72 for Chicago against #44 for TML. Sticklift to a tie-up, then another sticklift.

    https://youtube.com/watch?v=T3IfK2I7SOg

    There you go COGS. 11 minutes of hockey and I found 17 clear sticklifts. There were multiple others but they were either some more misses or weren't clear enough. But please continue on about how useless they are and that they aren't used often.

    Off-topic: Is there anyway to show the video on the post and not just a link in the new forum?


    Alot of these were just stick tie ups and not stick lifts.

    6:50 yes sitck lift
    7:48 tie up
    10:18 tie up
    11:21 guys no where near anyone
    11:27 was a clear stick tie up
    15:08 stick tie up again, it was more toews hitting marners stick, not even similiar to a stick lift or a tie up
    16:09 Poke check followed by body contact
    16:37 Im sorry not a single stick blade was off the ice
    16:53 Poke check the blade didnt even leave the ice 🎃🎃🎃🎃 ?
    17:03 This would be called a stick tie up
    18:47 Yes this was a stick lift by Hossa go figure
    18:49 And yes Hossa tried to do a stick lift again and missed
    19:32 Another clear tie up

    SO in the whole video with the times listed, I count 3 stick lifts, and only 2 being success ( Hossa lost the puck with a half second later)


    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Sadiztic wrote: »
    I think it's funny COGs got his clubmate in here to back up him up.

    dont even know the guy bruh,
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • CH1l1X95
    41 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    .
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    CH1l1X95 wrote: »
    6:50: #42 for Chicago against #19 for TML.
    7:48: #57 for Chicago against #28 for TML.
    10:18: #15 for Chicago against #42 for TML.
    11:21: #19 for Chicago against #51 for TML. Missed sticklift by Toews.
    11:27: #81 for Chicago against #24 for TML. Sticklift turns into a tie up.
    15:08: #19 for Chicago against #51 for TML.
    15:22: #7 for Chicago against #23 for TML.
    16:09: #88 for Chicago against #24 for TML.
    16:37: #47 for Chicago against #24 for TML. Difficult to see due to how fast but it was a sticklift.
    16:53: #86 for Chicago against #19 for TML. Failed sticklift.
    17:03: #28 for Chicago against #28 for TML. Before the puck arrives to the two players
    17:03: #28 for Chicago against #26 for TML. Literally just after the sticklift that happened prior.
    18:47: #81 for Chicago against #43 for TML. Hossa does two rapid sticklifts.
    18:49: #81 for Chicago against #51 for TML. Missed sticklift by Hossa.
    19:32: #72 for Chicago against #44 for TML. Sticklift to a tie-up, then another sticklift.



    There you go COGS. 11 minutes of hockey and I found 17 clear sticklifts. There were multiple others but they were either some more misses or weren't clear enough. But please continue on about how useless they are and that they aren't used often.

    Off-topic: Is there anyway to show the video on the post and not just a link in the new forum?


    Alot of these were just stick tie ups and not stick lifts.

    6:50 yes sitck lift
    7:48 tie up
    10:18 tie up
    11:21 guys no where near anyone
    11:27 was a clear stick tie up
    15:08 stick tie up again, it was more toews hitting marners stick, not even similiar to a stick lift or a tie up
    16:09 Poke check followed by body contact
    16:37 Im sorry not a single stick blade was off the ice
    16:53 Poke check the blade didnt even leave the ice 🎃🎃🎃🎃 ?
    17:03 This would be called a stick tie up
    18:47 Yes this was a stick lift by Hossa go figure
    18:49 And yes Hossa tried to do a stick lift again and missed
    19:32 Another clear tie up

    SO in the whole video with the times listed, I count 3 stick lifts, and only 2 being success ( Hossa lost the puck with a half second later)


    You are high if you think sticks hitting for a fraction of a second is considered tie-up. Holy cow I can't be bothered to waste my time anymore
  • One last reminder, only because I'm in a good mood.

    Either STOP attacking people personally about THEIR opinions and continue ON topic with constructive conversations OR I'll simply lock the thread and hand out temp bans for those choosing to ignore multiple requests.

    Everyone is entitled to their opinions...if you agree or dont agree that is their right. Act accordingly, voice your's and then talk about a possible middle ground. This isn't that hard people.
    GT - T0o HxC 4u
    TN - HOCKEYTOWN
  • wrote: »

    Smh
  • T0o_HxC_4u wrote: »
    One last reminder, only because I'm in a good mood.

    Either STOP attacking people personally about THEIR opinions and continue ON topic with constructive conversations OR I'll simply lock the thread and hand out temp bans for those choosing to ignore multiple requests.

    Everyone is entitled to their opinions...if you agree or dont agree that is their right. Act accordingly, voice your's and then talk about a possible middle ground. This isn't that hard people.

    Than close the stick lift topics.... the opinions are out there. Just lock it.

  • There's a new sheriff in town boys, turn your guns in before coming to town.
  • Watch, once they fix the stick lift issue. EA is going to mess with the poke check and make it useless again, it's perfect the way it is right now but EA will change it because that's what they do. Please quote me on this so I can say I told you so once they patch the stick lift issue.
  • Please don't make that stick lift like 15. People lose the puck and just mash stick lift to get it back. I think EA tried to fix this by making the stick lift not work. There are better ways to fix it.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    T0o_HxC_4u wrote: »
    goat1313 wrote: »
    All I remember from my online games last year is them turning into a constant game of stick lifts. It's all a large contingent of players ever did. And it was a terrible game experience. Now having said that it could be tuned up slightly so it functions properly every now and again but not to past years levels. The online game as it is now is a much better game experience. I don't see how this can be argued. Unless you happen to be someone who stick lifted exclusively all game.

    Hit the nail on the head. Bad players who swing out at players on d will hate the current stick lift because it requires proper positioning. The poor players will hate it because the can hold their water and play good team d. They need the puck now so they can hit their cherry picker up ice. Sad that people play that way.... just glad ea isnt rewarding them for it this year.

    So you think that stick lift in its current state is working properly? Just to be clear.

    Im under the impression its triggered upon release instead of press, which is fine...my question is if it is working then why is it if i go face to face to an opponent at different distances does it not work at all, ever. It should be noted that this person im depicting is an AFK user. Ive tried it a couple times in club and hut.

    I dont think thats working as intended at all. I agree it shouldn't be an instant (give me the puck spam button) however it should have some use. Like last year when they tuned poke to be almost an instant penalty I thought after a couple games it was great! I was able to adapt and actually loved it...so this isn't a case of "I button mash so Im crying"....

    BUT everyone has different views, I'm sure there is a happy medium, and to me this is not it.

    Its working fine on my end. When i close the gap and am in proper position i have very little trouble using it. People just havent played enough games. Im at about 200.... once you get the timing and positioning down itd very easy to use.



    Watch that video and try to tell me stick lift is working.

    I'm still waiting for an explanation about this video. How can this topic be closed and "everyone has said their opinion" when nobody has given a reasonable explanation?
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2506 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »


    Watch that video and try to tell me stick lift is working.
    Play better D, eh buds? I kid. This is terrible.

  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2506 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Delete.
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Santini3 wrote: »
    L every respectable player I have talked to about it agrees that the stick lift is useless.

    Yes, thats because stick lifts are useless, in real hockey also


    thats cause you dont play hockey. Even in street hockey in the back lane people stick lift. You see it all the time in board battles in the nhl. What a stupid statement

    Wrong


    looks like we now know Cogs' 2nd account name LOL.
  • The fact that you can't stick lift and take the puck from an AFK player should be proud enough that the stick lift is broken.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!