741 posts Member
edited September 2016

Some good points in the video I think.

Replies

• This is nhl 17 in a nutshell.
  • Hotjoint
    67 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The garbage goals in this game at just keep getting worse and worse every year. I'd also love to know why goalies grab slappers easily with no rebounds but throwing the softest, ugliest, no chance in hell shots at the net and you get a juicy rebound. Do these devs even watch hockey at all?
  • The best part is, things like this occur waaaaay too often. Multiple times again. At least half the goals scored in NHL even by my own team are trash.

Also, why aren't goalies programmed to get their stick on low shots and deflect them to the corner? Why is that not a thing? Ask any goalie at literally any level of hockey and they will tell you how important and fundamental that it.
  • Doesnt suprise me at all, This game is pure nonsense and the people who make this game, have no concept of real hockey, and i dont care if the mods see this, am i going to get banned because, my opinion is that the people who make this game, do not know what they are doing?
  • The goals were definitely trash. The thing I don't like is him complaining about not being able to nudge players from behind. Its fine how it is, and there were a couple times in the video where he should've boardplayed his opponent instead of going for a hit.
  • CH1l1X95 wrote: »
    The goals were definitely trash. The thing I don't like is him complaining about not being able to nudge players from behind. Its fine how it is, and there were a couple times in the video where he should've boardplayed his opponent instead of going for a hit.

I don't agree with you at all. It's not fine how it is. There shouldn't be a bubble around a player that protects them from getting drilled regardless of how you think it should be played.

I also think the board play is still garbage and always has been. I feel like it's too automated and just one of the thousands of things that are totally wrong with this series.
  • You guys are hiliarious he's dipsy doddling with the puck and you guys agree with him.

There is a thread that talks about this but yet you agree with him!

The game has become less Arcady more realistic pucks hitting players, stick on stick contact and you guys are frustrated.

Not surprised one bite!

Lol
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    You guys are hiliarious he's dipsy doddling with the puck and you guys agree with him.

The game has become less Arcady more realistic pucks hitting players, stick on stick contact and you guys are frustrated.

Not surprised one bite!

Lol

Theres barely stick on stick contact, I play a lot of defense and people deke back and forth through my stick constantly, even through my legs without losing the puck. Even when you get a solid poke he picks it back up half of the time.

As far as hitting goes, it was good in the beta, now people just turn away and toe drag or puck protect and you bounce right off of them.
  • WealthyFriends
    883 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    The backhand pass at the five second mark is not physically possible and is the type of bull that ruins the game.
  • Sgt_Kelso
    1303 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    About that first goal, the own one: if you have the puck (or receive it) too close to the goal, the puck is 'sucked in' towards the goal, because goalies have this magnetic field around them which keeps attracting pucks. You notice it a lot when trying to take the puck around the goal in either direction, there's always the risk the goalie 'sucks' it to the goal. Most often he just covers it, but occasionally it goes in.

In this case the puck was not in full control, as often happens when the puck is 'loose', and then the goalie does the sucky thing. I can't count the times that I have 'deflected' the puck in my own goal in EASHL or other modes. You just cannot go too close to the goal. The devs should really do something about it.

EDIT, the word crossed out is S-U-C-K - why is that censored?
  • Bacon nails it. So many garbage goals in this game and it is mind boggling why it even happens. So judging by this video it seems "protecting the puck" seems to be the invincible when being hit a long the boards. Which definitely should not happens. In real hockey when you hit someone that puck is being jarred loose a good portion of the time. Do devs even watch hockey games and absorb the information correctly or they they just ignore how hockey actually works and make up their own version of hockey ?
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    You guys are hiliarious he's dipsy doddling with the puck and you guys agree with him.

Not surprised one bite!

Lol

Let's just slow this down right here. You say "less arcady" as if it's undeniably better. You're certainly entitled to your opinion on the matter, but maybe people just don't want a hockey simulation game because they find it boring and dull.
    Also, why aren't goalies programmed to get their stick on low shots and deflect them to the corner? Why is that not a thing? Ask any goalie at literally any level of hockey and they will tell you how important and fundamental that it.

Seriously, these goalies have worse rebound control than me in real life sometimes, and worse is that they often don't even react and try to recover and get into position before the forwards can get their shot off. It seems to take them half a second to figure out what happened and complete their initial save animation before they can try to recover.
  • The way these two play "hockey" makes me sick.

Listening to Bacon complaining about exploits also makes laugh.
  • Sadiztic wrote: »
    I agree but this time he is right. Everything that happened to Bacon in that game is very common for NHL 17. It is not good.
    Oh I totally agree. I should've mentioned that in my original post. But this video and the style of "hockey" is the exact reason why I avoid playing online most of the time. Thr game has its frustrations, users exploiting those frustrations only makes the experience that much worse.
  • phil7488
    78 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    This video highlights essentially everything wrong with this game. The poke checks are infuriating on defense with how they always get the puck back after making a great play with your stick. Puck pickups are a joke as highlighted here as well. The puck just follows these players in the defensive zone even when youre making the right plays. The puck physics on pokes is a joke.
  • Keep in mind this video was all in 1 game. This garbage happens game in and game out, especially in club with the non superstar builds.
  • Sadiztic wrote: »
    You exploit the game too. Mr Jigglesworth.
    I haven't been called that in a dogs age. Do I know you from somewhere?
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    When this fella yells in his fake radio voice, "WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?!"

That's an easy answer - kneel down. Don't hit poke check. Maybe.. tie up the pass receiver?

Also - all of his gripes are goals scored against him.

I'm not going to sit through the entire 10 minutes and listen to overzealous yelling that YouTube subscribers seem to love.. but I think it should be noted that he posts this after a loss that he's taking very poorly.

all of his gripes are not goals scored against him. while he's a complete joke (that's kind of the point) almost all of his gripes are totally valid and almost none of them lead to a goal.

seriously with every post you lose more and more credibility and have assumed the role of complete apologist for EA. This game has so many issues and everyone with half a brain knows it. Goalies are terrible, puck control is terrible, skating is just bad, the devs continue to ignore the intelligent posters over the years that point out everything thats wrong with this series and instead continue pushing out the same stuff... add more crap on top of the house of cards instead of concentrating on fixing these fundamental issues. don't even get me started on how pointless the "gamechangers" program is considering since it's been around EA has released it's worst products to date.

Yes we will continue to play the game because there is no other hockey choice. Yes if you want to be successful you have to learn how to play the game not try to play hockey. But customers unhappy with the product should absolutely continue to come in here and voice their concerns with the product.

And your premise that people unhappy with the game are only unhappy because they are losing is ridiculous. any conversation i've had with anyone including guys that are on high level 6s eashl or guys that almost never lose in vs all say the same things. these guys just learn to use all of this garbage to their advantage or work around it.

In any other industry this product would have had a total recall for about 4 years running. here? they get to keep on charging full price even though they can't seem to handle something as simple as releasing a game where goalies have any ability to deal with a slow rolling puck that travels the length of the ice. Last night to prove a point rather than gather up a stretch pass i let it go since it was on net... i just coasted behind it waited for goalie to freak out , come out to play it, fumble it, go into like 3 animations and then just stand up while it was at his feet, i then just simple poked it between his legs for a goal. he never even moved. nice game

• Goalies are terrible, puck control is terrible, skating is just bad,

Isnt it fair to say these are all more realistic, compared to every NHL game ever ? Goalies let it in goals go figure, dipsy doddling is tougher and skating has become very realistic, you have to anticipate more of the play with your skating.....go figure.
    Last night to prove a point rather than gather up a stretch pass i let it go since it was on net... i just coasted behind it waited for goalie to freak out , come out to play it, fumble it, go into like 3 animations and then just stand up while it was at his feet, i then just simple poked it between his legs for a goal. he never even moved.

You make it sound as if this doesnt happen in real life, lmao

You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • megadeth_600
    1437 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    KoryDub wrote: »
    with every post you lose more and more credibility and have assumed the role of complete apologist for EA.

Good thing I'm not here to win a popularity contest. I'm not an apologist, I just try to offer different perspectives and oddly enough, they're not very popular perspectives. That being said, I stand by the points I make and I firmly believe that the increase in online competitiveness is directly in correlation with the complaints levied against this franchise.

I never once say this game is perfect, but nobody will convince me otherwise that the (legit) gripes with this game are magnified 100x due to the nature of online modes and their cut-throat, win-at-all-costs mentality.

these guys just learn to use all of this garbage to their advantage or work around it.

Bingo, bango. And those who can't work around it or use the garbage to their advantage come to the forums and social media to yell that the game is trash.

Those who are winning, are spending their time winning and enjoying their time with the game. When they lose and get frustrated, they figure out what 'garbage' part of the game caused it - and they learn from it and move on with their lives.

LOL, you say that people don't know how to make the 'garbage' work to their advantage then whine the game is trash..... You do realize garbage and trash are the same, right? Even when winning, the game is still trash.

And to summarize all of your 'perspectives' in two words: git gud.

You are perfectly entitled to your opinion, which is fine. But all you do is come off as someone who clearly thinks WE are the problem and that the game is fine so long as we can 'adapt', You even went out of your way to argue that goalie changes cannot be easily patched in a game when in fact every single year is just a "patched' version of the preceding year.

In the video, when it comes to poke checks and body checks, he is bang on. TRASH.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!