EA Forums - Banner

Goal reviews

Why does the ref remain silent? Why can't they add a ref voice saying, "After further review we have a good goal", or "after further review the goal is disallowed".

Same thing with penalties, every NHL ref announces the penalty called, "Washington, 2:00 minutes hooking". If it's in the game, shouldn't it really be IN THE GAME?

Replies

• Honestly I think it is more presentation then it is technical. And really it wouldn't add much to a video game. If it was a critical element then sure, I can see that, but overall it isn't a big deal.
  • Member back in the day when refs didn't say anything and Canadian fans knew what was going on but American fans were completely oblivious?

It would be easy to implement some sound to the refs ... i would also like to see different ref models ... it's been the same refs for like 10 years.
  • Why don't they let you skip the animation? Let me see the replay once not 3 times.
  • goat1313 wrote: »
    Why don't they let you skip the animation? Let me see the replay once not 3 times.

suspense bruh
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • CH1l1X95
    41 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    goat1313 wrote: »
    Why don't they let you skip the animation? Let me see the replay once not 3 times.

suspense bruh

My favourite is having to watch through a goalie interference review when its always going to be ruled no goal. I sometimes think about getting some popcorn because its so intense.
  • CH1l1X95 wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    goat1313 wrote: »

suspense bruh

My favourite is having to watch through a goalie interference review when its always going to be ruled no goal. I sometimes think about getting some popcorn because its so intense.

You can never have to much popcorn!
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • The best is when they review it for if the puck was kicked in while the player had full on contact with the goalie but that doesn't get the review.
  • Member back in the day when refs didn't say anything and Canadian fans knew what was going on but American fans were completely oblivious?

It would be easy to implement some sound to the refs ... i would also like to see different ref models ... it's been the same refs for like 10 years.

2 minutes for tumbleweeding.
  • Maybe they should get the calls accurate before adding voices to refs.
  • Maybe they should get the calls accurate before adding voices to refs.

Yeah...I love having a goal called back for no other reason than I was in the general vicinity of the net, and he was bumped by his own defenceman