EA Forums - Banner

Is EA ever going to give us an update?

Prev13
Would be nice to know what exactly is being worked on for the next patch. As paying customers and loyal fans of the series, a quick update on what they are trying to fix would be much appreciated..

Replies

• There already should have been pach, i.e. fixing sticklift shouldn't take more than a day, not 3 weeks. Just go back in code where it worked and patch it in, unless there is something seriously wrong how this game is programmed..
  • It's the usual...they are aware of the problems, but lord knows if and when they will actually address them. Ridiculous.
  • I actually only had like 3-4 on my friends list this year playing compared to 10 or so every year past. Said their just not interested in the franchise after the last two releases
  • Greyinsi wrote: »
    There already should have been pach, i.e. fixing sticklift shouldn't take more than a day, not 3 weeks. Just go back in code where it worked and patch it in, unless there is something seriously wrong how this game is programmed..

You nailed it on the head bro!!!

• B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    Greyinsi wrote: »
    There already should have been pach, i.e. fixing sticklift shouldn't take more than a day, not 3 weeks. Just go back in code where it worked and patch it in, unless there is something seriously wrong how this game is programmed..

You dont know how patches work, do you?
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • Patches cost a boat load of money I'm pretty sure. So assuming they are just working on one massive patch
  • No they do not... maybe they first should do some research on it before calling out the gaming company
  • B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Patches cost a boat load of money I'm pretty sure. So assuming they are just working on one massive patch

The do cost more money, and then they need to be extensively tested to make sure they dont break other ****. Then they need to be submitted to sony and microsoft for review. Even if they were to release a patch for just sticklifts, youre looking at some time just for that process to happen. If the teams only given the budget to have 2 or 3 patches, theyre not gonna waste one on sticklifts if they can have people hold off a month or two and get much more in.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Patches cost a boat load of money I'm pretty sure. So assuming they are just working on one massive patch

The do cost more money, and then they need to be extensively tested to make sure they dont break other ****. Then they need to be submitted to sony and microsoft for review. Even if they were to release a patch for just sticklifts, youre looking at some time just for that process to happen. If the teams only given the budget to have 2 or 3 patches, theyre not gonna waste one on sticklifts if they can have people hold off a month or two and get much more in.

If that's the case then that truly is sad. Too bad if it has to be that way.

yep. just like how they did some extensive testing with their first AMAZING release day patch.

• B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    B-Bunny wrote: »

yep. just like how they did some extensive testing with their first AMAZING release day patch.

I wouldnt doubt it was rushed to make it as close as possible for release. Thats some of the lovely decisions some people have to make.

Weird concept that I just came up with, get it right the first time.
  • My main issue is why weren't these items addressed in the gap between beta and release. I just don't get the purpose of a beta if they're not going to fix and adjust items.
  • cvf007
    1077 posts Member
    @RazorRamon709 i gave up the game during the science event second act... I came to lurk to see if the Halloween event started (i love halloween) and maybe get back into the game but nothing yet.

This new forum update is different
  • My main issue is why weren't these items addressed in the gap between beta and release. I just don't get the purpose of a beta if they're not going to fix and adjust items.

they all went on vacation. dead serious.

If they take as long to fix it as they did to fix home captain lag last year, this game will be dead in 2 months as well. Not to say that this years faults are as game breaking as home captain lag but the game as a whole is just not that fun with current settings, I personally want the beta with the minor tweaks it needed, which in my opinion would be slight poke nerf, slight slapshot nerf, slight goalie buff.

Beta was near bang on for a fun hockey experience, the release just isn't nearly as fun.
  • What I don't understand is they had stick loft work for years. All they literally had to do was nerf it slightly. It worked in the beta. What the heck did they do before launch that corrupted something that has been in the game for years?
  • What I don't understand is they had stick loft work for years. All they literally had to do was nerf it slightly. It worked in the beta. What the heck did they do before launch that corrupted something that has been in the game for years?

Must of been too busy putting together HUT packs to test it.

lol it's that kind of logical thinking that will get you in to trouble around here. welcome to EA software development.

NHL 18 new features ... stick lift is back!!!!
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.