EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Content Update October 25th

Check out our CHEL notes with our October Patch update here.

Goalies aren't horrible in singleplayer anymore. THANKS!

I mostly play HUT in singleplayer seasons. In NHL16 it was pretty much impossible to get a shutout or even decent save% for your goalie in singleplayer HUT. Pretty much any goalie would let in a completely ridiculous goal or two in every single game. I and some other members wrote topics about this in the forums a year ago.

And now after few dozen of HUT SP games it seems this has been fixed. Luongo is rocking 90 s% and few shutous in 20 games, Dubnyk 92 s% in 3 games. Really nice compared to Price having 85% in few hundred games in NHL16, and getting like 2 shutouts during those games. Thanks to this problem being addressed my HUT experience is going to be much better this year :smile:

But are other SP HUT players noticing similar change? Really excited to test out Price or Lundqvist when I can afford them.

Replies

• I made the same oberservations after 50 singleplayer season games. While the safe percentage of my goalies in NHL16 was usually somewhere around 87-88%, now in NHL17 my goalies are fare more better. Bishop has a 91,8% after 16 games and Lehtonnen a 91,2% after 25 games. Overall the own goalies are fare better compared to last year. Of course they do have their errors but even the best real goalies have some black outs from time to time. In that matter NHL17 looks far more realistic than NHL16.

• Doesn't make a difference. If you come across a guy who "knows" how to score, it doesn't matter who is in net. You're going to get lit up.

I've also played games against the CPU where I've only allowed 8 shots on Superstar but 4 of them went in.
  • Doesn't make a difference. If you come across a guy who "knows" how to score, it doesn't matter who is in net. You're going to get lit up.

Looks similar for me to real hockey. A good sniper will find his way to score againstPrice, Lundqvists, Quicks etc. of this world. Same in NHL17 but you can start to learn defense in that matter - like they do in real hockey, to avoid 500 Crosby goals per season.

I've also played games against the CPU where I've only allowed 8 shots on Superstar but 4 of them went in.

sounds like those 8 shots you gave up with good opportunity shots
  • Bmh245
    870 posts Member
    I mostly play HUT in singleplayer seasons. In NHL16 it was pretty much impossible to get a shutout or even decent save% for your goalie in singleplayer HUT. Pretty much any goalie would let in a completely ridiculous goal or two in every single game. I and some other members wrote topics about this in the forums a year ago.

And now after few dozen of HUT SP games it seems this has been fixed. Luongo is rocking 90 s% and few shutous in 20 games, Dubnyk 92 s% in 3 games. Really nice compared to Price having 85% in few hundred games in NHL16, and getting like 2 shutouts during those games. Thanks to this problem being addressed my HUT experience is going to be much better this year :smile:

But are other SP HUT players noticing similar change? Really excited to test out Price or Lundqvist when I can afford them.

Absolutely not the case in online HUT games. Goalies are significantly worse. They give up many more completely absurd goals, are much worse at rebound control, and much worse at stopping unscreened slappers.