EA Forums - Banner

Am I the only one who loves this game???

Replies

• B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Hitting wasnt nerfed, youre just playing guys who dont blow at the game anymore and know how to protect the puck better.

Theres a difference from playing against little jimmy in the beta who doesnt know what hes doing to people now that know some of the ins and outs. The more you play, the higher your skill level goes up. The higher your skill level goes up, so does your opponents due to the matchmaking.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    Hitting wasnt nerfed, youre just playing guys who dont blow at the game anymore and know how to protect the puck better.

Theres a difference from playing against little jimmy in the beta who doesnt know what hes doing to people now that know some of the ins and outs. The more you play, the higher your skill level goes up. The higher your skill level goes up, so does your opponents due to the matchmaking.

So the bubble was never gone at all I guess, toe dragging the puck and twisting your body does the opposite of what it should do and gives you more balance, excellent job EA.
    Theres a difference from playing against little jimmy in the beta who doesnt know what hes doing to people now that know some of the ins and outs.
    I agree with this completely. Once stick lift is fixed I think the tone around here will be completely different. Stick lift has always been a good defence against puck protect, without it there's one less weapon to use against a more skilled user.

Spank me if I'm wrong... But I doubt "little Jimmy" would've played during the BETA since the way to get into it was to sign up for it through a web form that was linked in the old forums. I'd wager that the larger part of the user base that played during the BETA were people in the know, who've played this game for a very long time and are active members of the NHL community.

Yes, there could've have been a few "little Jimmys" that were playing in the BETA, but hardly in the numbers that would make a difference in the overall skill level of your opponents THEN compared to NOW.
  • Hitting feels the same to me, I just don't see it. Bunny is right the competition gets better and you cannot figure skate your way through the D this year. Hitting is fine. They need to fix stick lift a little and tweak a few things but overall the game is so much better than the disaster that was last year.

As for the people in the BETA, people in the know still need to adjust and they didn't have a long enough time with the game to figure out it's quirks so of course people that are playing live compared to the beta have gotten better, that is just common sense.

Way to many whiners on these forums that just like to 🎃🎃🎃🎃 for the sake of 🎃🎃🎃🎃., Always been this way always will be this way. And it's basically the same handful of people that do this. Every. Single. Year.
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    It's not the hitting that's nerfed. It's the ability the puck carrier has to negate physics. I made contact and they can just float sideways or backwards on a dime no matter how fast or in what direction they were going. There's not even a reaction to the collision by the offensive player as if their standing on a circular hoverboard and it can go in any direction it pleases. It's the bubble where your made of rubber. If i get beat because i guessed wrong then I'll be humble and eat my mistakes but that right there is nonsense.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »

Spank me if I'm wrong... But I doubt "little Jimmy" would've played during the BETA since the way to get into it was to sign up for it through a web form that was linked in the old forums. I'd wager that the larger part of the user base that played during the BETA were people in the know, who've played this game for a very long time and are active members of the NHL community.

Yes, there could've have been a few "little Jimmys" that were playing in the BETA, but hardly in the numbers that would make a difference in the overall skill level of your opponents THEN compared to NOW.

Youd be quite surprised. And everyone gets better rhe more games they play. Good player A is going to be much better after 100 games played than 15.
  • Oh, I agree that players will get better the more they play, no question about that. I was simply commenting on your statement that people had it easy during the BETA because they were basically playing little kids who didn't know how to play the game.

And the good players will always be good. Players like Nuge, JERZ, Davin, they are always good even though the game keeps changing every year. Whether they play 10 games or 1000, it makes little difference in their skill level.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Oh, I agree that players will get better the more they play, no question about that. I was simply commenting on your statement that people had it easy during the BETA because they were basically playing little kids who didn't know how to play the game.

And the good players will always be good. Players like Nuge, JERZ, Davin, they are always good even though the game keeps changing every year. Whether they play 10 games or 1000, it makes little difference in their skill level.

Well yeah, but thats the 1-5% that was mentioned earlier. What about everyone else? It just makes more sense to follow the above logic than to assume hitting and some other things took a hidden nerf that wasnt included in the patch notes, thats all. Ive read some ridiculous stuff already on this forum, like someone spouting pokechecks got nerfed since. No, people have just adjusted to the meta.
  • I have only played NHL. Do Madden, FIFA, and Basketball, suffer the same faults?

FIFA does since EA seems to have a nasty habit of dramatically changing that game not long after release, about NBA Live... that series suffers from itself (long story), Madden is actually the only sports series from EA that's decent quality regardless of very little change.
  • I honestly enjoy the games except the typical few complaints i think its miles better than NHL 16. Ive actually had a lot of fun on HUT, until i got to division two...
    Just an NHL youtuber trying to connect with NHL gamers!

My Channel youtube.com/puredangleproductions

People on Unnfinished business blew at the beta? HAHA PS4 players....
    Oh, I agree that players will get better the more they play, no question about that. I was simply commenting on your statement that people had it easy during the BETA because they were basically playing little kids who didn't know how to play the game.

Well yeah, but thats the 1-5% that was mentioned earlier. What about everyone else? It just makes more sense to follow the above logic than to assume hitting and some other things took a hidden nerf that wasnt included in the patch notes, thats all. Ive read some ridiculous stuff already on this forum, like someone spouting pokechecks got nerfed since. No, people have just adjusted to the meta.

These are the people I was playing against, and still play against, where I notice an obvious nerf in small nudges...Not little Johnny PS4 nub.
  • For those who love the game, would love to see concrete evidence why the game is good. Many of those that complain give reason why, many have videos showing why. I'm having a hard time seeing how this game is good.
  • For those who love the game, would love to see concrete evidence why the game is good. Many of those that complain give reason why, many have videos showing why. I'm having a hard time seeing how this game is good.

I have my fair share of complaints but every one of them is based on online experience. Failed to Retrieve Data only happens online, EASHL bugs... game play that nowhere resembles the sport of hockey. I've always been an offline first gamer when it comes to NHL. The CPU doesn't rag or rage message you, they play a style that resembles hockey, and doesn't rely on cheesy tactics to win at all cost. Connection and lag is also never a problem.

I have my fair share of complaints but every one of them is based on online experience. Failed to Retrieve Data only happens online, EASHL bugs... game play that nowhere resembles the sport of hockey. I've always been an offline first gamer when it comes to NHL. The CPU doesn't rag or rage message you, they play a style that resembles hockey, and doesn't rely on cheesy tactics to win at all cost. Connection and lag is also never a problem.

Most of the complaining comes from online play, and rightfully so.
  • kezz123
    572 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    For those who love the game, would love to see concrete evidence why the game is good. Many of those that complain give reason why, many have videos showing why. I'm having a hard time seeing how this game is good.

Yah i've considered MAYBE getting nhl 17 for offline only...which is completely ridiculous considering how many years I swore that online was the absolute best way to play the game.

I dont care about people raging and as much as I hate ragging the puck, i can deal with the one child here and there that does that. My beef is with the complete trash controls and the how unrealistic the game feels now. The more they try to make it realistic, the further from a realistic game it feels like to me. I play real hockey, i watch real hockey, I cant imagine how people think this is more realistic than nhl 10.

Perhaps to people who dont know how to skate, this feels realistic, it does remind me when I was a kid and learning to skate but it certainly doesnt remind me of my skating today. Spending way too much time fighting the controls rather than playing the game. Most goals against as a defender feel like "oh, if I just had the same control as I do in real life, this would have been an easy play to stop"

There will always be cheese but to be fair, the same is true in any hockey league...once you find a solid way to score, you "fish" for that opportunity. Whether it be one timers or wrister in the slot. I see it in every leagues I play...the key always has been on defense to have the tools to stop the cheese and give the goalie better quality shots to stop... and this is where the 🎃🎃🎃🎃 controls on defense become the bane of this game.

So thats why i am once again skipping on buying this game to my great sadness. none of my clubmates bought it either for the same reasons. its just tedious to play now.

• I guess the overall concensus would be a definitive no. This game had not been well recieved on this forum. I was hoping it would be different this year.
  • CH1l1X95
    41 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    For me I can't say I love this game, but I have enjoyed it more than 16, 15, and 14. I'm sure its going to frustrate me more and more as time goes on.

Boy do I wish for another NHL game to compete with this though. Back when 2k still made an NHL game EA seemed to actually have some innovation, not just recycling features and make them "better" (ie:net battles) and call it new an groundbreaking. Like seriously, where is defensive skill stick? Its been probably the most asked-for feature for the past 7-8 years.
  • So I wouldn't say I love it, but it's not bad, or unplayable. (ala NHL 15) The only things I don't like are the stick lifts inaffectiveness, (fixable, and I do expect EA to do something about it soon) some problems with the HUT market, (also relatively fixable) and EASHL as a whole is pitiful. Other than that, it's a solid game and I'm just glad a new one's out so I can get my hockey fix.