EA Forums - Banner

Am I the only one who loves this game???

Replies

• I don't understand why 15 gets the hate. I thought 6v6 was better than most of the recent games. I know nothing about vs. so i won't comment on it. In 15 i could take a good d partner and dominate the defensive game. What were the issues it had?
  • Youratv wrote: »
    I don't understand why 15 gets the hate. I thought 6v6 was better than most of the recent games. I know nothing about vs. so i won't comment on it. In 15 i could take a good d partner and dominate the defensive game. What were the issues it had?

It was missing a bunch of game modes, no EASHL was the main one they didn't include.
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    If they included those modes though? What were the in game issues? I'm honestly curious cause maybe there was something there and i just wasn't seeing it.
  • CH1l1X95 wrote: »
    For me I can't say I love this game, but I have enjoyed it more than 16, 15, and 14. I'm sure its going to frustrate me more and more as time goes on.

Boy do I wish for another NHL game to compete with this though. Back when 2k still made an NHL game EA seemed to actually have some innovation, not just recycling features and make them "better" (ie:net battles) and call it new an groundbreaking. Like seriously, where is defensive skill stick? Its been probably the most asked-for feature for the past 7-8 years.

Time/money management, putting defensive skill stick in was probably ruled too cost ineffective for the amount of work it would take and the budget they had. Not saying I agree with the decision but it's probably why it's not in the game.
    If they included those modes though? What were the in game issues? I'm honestly curious cause maybe there was something there and i just wasn't seeing it.

For the VERY short time I played NHL 15 (about 20 games), I could not stand how insane puck control was. The best way to score was to literally skate at your opponent. This goal was basically all I would ever see:

• That's vs. which i know nothing of so all the problem in the world could exist and i wouldn't know cause i don't play it. I'm only referring to 6v6 otp which i agree should have had an eashl mode.
    That's vs. which i know nothing of so all the problem in the world could exist and i wouldn't know cause i don't play it. I'm only referring to 6v6 otp which i agree should have had an eashl mode.

You had 6v6, ps4 only had 5v5.
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    You could be goalie right? I played on old gen with 15 so i don't know. You couldn't be goalie on ps4 in 15 to make 6v6?
    You could be goalie right? I played on old gen with 15 so i don't know. You couldn't be goalie on ps4 in 15 to make 6v6?

Nope. Goalie mode didn't exist on PS4/Xbox One.
  • Whaaat? It had glitches but it was fluid and they coulda built off it. Every goalie i know liked it more.

The biggest game-breaking things about NHL 15 I thought were the ridiculously turbo-boosted stride dekes and how you could glide around holding out the puck at full speed and not lose momentum ever. It's been a while since I fired that version up, so I can't remember anything else right now.
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Those tilts feel even bigger in 16 and 17. It's like they went one way when everyone wanted to go the other. The defensive game was solid and as a deidcated d man there's nothing more infuriating then knowing you chose the right choice and it didn't work any way. There's getting beat legit and then there's just the i have no control over any aspect of how this plays out cause they guy with the puck is magic now. It really goes away from the thought of team work being a necessity.
  • Is it possible with a patch or two to make the people who are dissatisfied with the game believers?
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Well a patch would indicate there's problems so yea it's possible cause that would mean fixing problems or possibly creating more.
    Whaaat? It had glitches but it was fluid and they coulda built off it. Every goalie i know liked it more.

NHL 15 on Last Gen (Xbox 360/PS3) was completely different than NHL 15 on Next Gen (Xbox One/PS4). Funny thing; game was completely different yet many of the bugs from last gen made the jump over... Heh!
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Youratv wrote: »
    Whaaat? It had glitches but it was fluid and they coulda built off it. Every goalie i know liked it more.

NHL 15 on Last Gen (Xbox 360/PS3) was completely different than NHL 15 on Next Gen (Xbox One/PS4). Funny thing; game was completely different yet many of the bugs from last gen made the jump over... Heh!

Nhl 15 on ps3 might have been more fun to play just because it was fully featured unlike the ps4 version.
  • I didn't know they still made games for PS3 and Xbox 360
  • For 360 i don't believe so. I think for ps3 they still make some.
  • How can anyone say 15 was a good game compared to 17, let alone 16? The game had zero modes, it was the first year they removed HUT co-op (my biggest pet peeve), auto dekes, 100% pass assist to the point where it even moved AFK players, pivoting was the absolute worst, turning was like a freight train, and who could not forget "dynamic cloth" jerseys that made it look like the game was being played in a hurricane.
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I say it. The modes issue i can agree with. I play defense so i don't deke aside from once in a great while so I'm can't make that assessment, you can do it in 16 and 17 also though because I've hit one button plus a direction and done it. Pass assist exist in all of them at 100%, there's even a slider you ca adjust that is at 100 default. I'm against pass assist because it's relative to aim assist in an fps. It's a built in aim bot that takes away from one of the most important skill that should be required while everyone clamors about how they want more control there trying to figure out what the slider should be at so they can get the right help from the computer for an increased probability of success. 0. There should be a cap on how fast you turn relative to how fast your going.