EA Forums - Banner

NHL 17 unrealistic physics ( lets see those videos and post accordingly)

Replies

• Just one video of showing my defence AI leaving his zone completely and just flying past the oncoming attack not evening challenging the player about to take a shot

He left his spot because you went for the hit with your LD and totally missed and was way out of position. So as any teammate would do, they backup their out of positioned D partner (you) but because you did it when he was not in good position to recover, he didn't have a good reaction to the play.

Thats how the game works, buddy. Stay in position and the ai will perform better.
  • eric57664 wrote: »

Just one video of showing my defence AI leaving his zone completely and just flying past the oncoming attack not evening challenging the player about to take a shot

He left his spot because you went for the hit with your LD and totally missed and was way out of position. So as any teammate would do, they backup their out of positioned D partner (you) but because you did it when he was not in good position to recover, he didn't have a good reaction to the play.

Thats how the game works, buddy. Stay in position and the ai will perform better.

I just give up, give up with this game,the people who kiss EAs ****, the fact I wasted my money is done and over with, there's more games out there for me to play. But your all going to be very upset when these games aren't made anymore because that's the road they are going down, trust me. Enjoy!

• eric57664
    240 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    eric57664 wrote: »

Just one video of showing my defence AI leaving his zone completely and just flying past the oncoming attack not evening challenging the player about to take a shot

I just give up, give up with this game,the people who kiss EAs ****, the fact I wasted my money is done and over with, there's more games out there for me to play. But your all going to be very upset when these games aren't made anymore because that's the road they are going down, trust me. Enjoy!

So telling you the truth is kissing ****? No wonder ea doesn't listen to most of you, it's like talking to little children who can't have an adult discussion.

Ps, it's you're. Time to pick up a dictionary before you insult another's factual statement. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. Just stating what happened in your video. A little accountability would be nice every once in a while. When it's ea'a fault, sure, give it to them, but when it's your own, man up.
  • eric57664 wrote: »

#1 - He didn't go for a hit. However he did anticipate the squeeze play and placed himself unnecessarily near the boards, which his opponent took advantage of by cutting quickly to the inside thanks to his ungodly agility while holding the puck.

#2 - Even had the user tried to go for the hit, the smart play for a defenseman in that situation would have been to play the middle ground since there was a 2nd player trailing a bit on the right side. It's basic Hockey 101 for a possible 2-on-1 situation. The AI instead chose to come over and cover the shooter to attempt to block the shot when there was no need.

#3 - I've done plays where I'm in position and the AI will scoot over to cover MY assignment and leave HIS alone. Forcing me to break position and start running around my zone like a chicken with its head cut off. This kind of stuff has been happening forever in this series.

The AI is better at covering the backdoor lane during set plays in its zone this year, but it is still prone to making boneheaded decisions and too often it forces the user to babysit the dumb bots. My pet peeve with the AI this year is how it still can't take the puck behind the net without trying to score in its own net and how it will JUMP forward during defensive plays if left to its designs even if you set the strategies to their LEAST aggressive settings.

• What should the AI do here ?

2quqm85.jpg
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    What should the AI do here ?

2quqm85.jpg

Tehnically the AI should close the gap by strafing. By the looks of these photos he turns his body ultimately putting himself in a position to get caught flat footed ... the puck carrier uses the stick drag which (for whatever reason) increases the attackers agility to make an inside move

all because Ristoleinen is out of position.

all because Ristoleinen is out of position.

do you mean RazorRamon709 ?
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    do you mean RazorRamon709 ?
    Yes.
  • That last particular video Razor was way too far off and had no gap, which gave the attacking player the middle. This is one of the rare occasions where I agree with Cogs, the AI kept the middle and the golden rule defensively on odd man rushes: Play to defend the pass and let the goalie take the unobstructed shot
  • cogsx86
    787 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    EA needs to address this, this is my biggest issue with this game, the guy dipsy doddling around for the first 10 seconds is a joke

EA needs to address this, this is my biggest issue with this game, the guy dipsy doddling around for the first 10 seconds is a joke

And why is he able to dipsy doddle around for the first 10 secs? look at the video again and look at the movement of the opponents trying to stop him.

The reason is simple....bad controls...bad defensive tools.
    In the nhl, once a player with the puck slows down like this guy did, an opposing player would EASILY be able to skate straight at him and either grab the puck or take the body in a way that makes him unable to keep moving with the puck without losing it.

but in these games, its like driving a bumper car....you go in a straight line and then try to adjust your direction only to float away unnecessarily. Then you might hit the guy and bounce off like a bumper car and you have no way to hold on to him "sort of" like you would in the nhl. Players dont go in bouncing off other players...they hit and they stay on the player if they see that the player didnt fall or didnt lose the puck. they will let themselve bounce off if they know they got a good hit and the guy is no longer a threat. its so unrealistic feeling to play any sort of D in this game its brutal.

• Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    And everyone wonders why theres not a lot of defensemen. Almost a guarantee they take the blame from forwards and goalie alike. We have no control over that garbage.
  • cogsx86
    787 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    kezz123 wrote: »

And why is he able to dipsy doddle around for the first 10 secs? look at the video again and look at the movement of the opponents trying to stop him.

In the nhl, once a player with the puck slows down like this guy did, an opposing player would EASILY be able to skate straight at him and either grab the puck or take the body in a way that makes him unable to keep moving with the puck without losing it.

but in these games, its like driving a bumper car....you go in a straight line and then try to adjust your direction only to float away unnecessarily. Then you might hit the guy and bounce off like a bumper car and you have no way to hold on to him "sort of" like you would in the nhl. Players dont go in bouncing off other players...they hit and they stay on the player if they see that the player didnt fall or didnt lose the puck. they will let themselve bounce off if they know they got a good hit and the guy is no longer a threat. its so unrealistic feeling to play any sort of D in this game its brutal.

This has everything to do with the power skating engine allowing for this to happen. Its been going on for years. The guy with the puck has more agility then the guys without the puck.

You show me any hockey player any where, that can skate like that with the puck and I will give yo 20 bucks.

Promise!!!
  • megadeth_600
    1437 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    That video is pure crap and perfectly demonstrates the vision the devs have for the future of this game. Just one giant mess of a turd.

This has everything to do with the power skating engine allowing for this to happen. Its been going on for years. The guy with the puck has more agility then the guys without the puck.

You show me any hockey player any where, that can skate like that with the puck and I will give yo 20 bucks.

Promise!!!

The big dekes are usually done with speed because its harder for a D to react to am O blazing in and changing direction but as soon as the O loses speed, they usually get neutralized fairly quick and easily. This is not the case in this game because in large part it lacks defensive tools to neutralize a slow moving target.

Im also ok with a bit of arcadish agility for offensive players to add the cool dekes here and there as long as defensive players are given arcadish skating to keep up with those offense players but thats not whats happening. They keep trying to make defense feel more "realistic" (crippled) while continuing to support broken offense players.

Its really unfortunate.
  • Bmh245
    905 posts Member

Promise!!!

It's not just the offensive player's agility, or the bad defensive tools. It's also the ridiculous puck-control mechanic. The offensive player loses control the puck at least four times in that clip (and it probably should have been more), but every time he picks the puck right back up. Look at what happens right before the goal. Skating at highspeed out of a deke, puck deflects off defensive player. Doesn't matter: he picks it up in stride and scores.

It's fine, obviously, for offensive players to recover the puck sometimes, and it's even fine for players to be able to regain pucks occasionally while skating at full speed and deking. But what you see in that clip is just absurd and unrealistic, and one of the main reasons playing defense is so frustrating.
  • Bmh245 wrote: »

Promise!!!

It's not just the offensive player's agility, or the bad defensive tools. It's also the ridiculous puck-control mechanic. The offensive player loses control the puck at least four times in that clip (and it probably should have been more), but every time he picks the puck right back up. Look at what happens right before the goal. Skating at highspeed out of a deke, puck deflects off defensive player. Doesn't matter: he picks it up in stride and scores.

It's fine, obviously, for offensive players to recover the puck sometimes, and it's even fine for players to be able to regain pucks occasionally while skating at full speed and deking. But what you see in that clip is just absurd and unrealistic, and one of the main reasons playing defense is so frustrating.

Yes, we have many aspects of this clip that could be broken down which show the lack of realism.

Before he comes into contact with other players, then once he starts getting body checked, and then the auto dekes
  • What are you talking about? This happens all the time in the NHL:

Seriously, you just need to get better at the game...
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? This happens all the time in the NHL:

Seriously, you just need to get better at the game...

LOL, love the sarcasm.
  • I only wish I could see his reply... I could... But I don't wanna! chansub-global-emoticon-696192d9891880af-23x30.png