EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details April 3rd

image
Check out our April 3rd patch details here.

NHL 17 unrealistic physics ( lets see those videos and post accordingly)

Replies

  • Yea i need to git gud.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I only wish I could see his reply... I could... But I don't wanna! chansub-global-emoticon-696192d9891880af-23x30.png

    Well yea, we COULD see his replies, but then this will most likely happen:

    giphy.gif

  • Only if he posts something lewd... :sweat:
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    What are you talking about? This happens all the time in the NHL:



    Seriously, you just need to get better at the game...

    Ah so you do admit the game plays pretty realistic!

    Very nice!


    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • I call **** on that video. Where is the Denis Savard clip of him skating through the whole 80's Edmonton Oilers team....TWICE. And scoring. lol
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    EA needs to address this, this is my biggest issue with this game, the guy dipsy doddling around for the first 10 seconds is a joke



    This is one of the rare times I completely agree with you, puck carrier agility needs a nerf or at least better stick on stick or stick on legs collision so that they lose the puck pulling off this cheese.

    I can't believe the guy thinks thats a possible goal of the year, it was terrible.
  • COGSx86 wrote: »


    Just one video of showing my defence AI leaving his zone completely and just flying past the oncoming attack not evening challenging the player about to take a shot

    Razor poor AI is not unrealistic physics, thats another thing, and a goal being score but not counting is also something different.

    Your player jumping like a "leap frog" however is the kind of things we want.

    That has to be hut, they were doing that to me in the offensive zone. Lol all 3 fowards moving towards their net while they had the puck at thier blueline.
  • Heres a nice little puck through skate action for a one timer goal I scored. Always good to know that skate blades are a gas, not a solid.

    https://account.xbox.com/en-ca/gameclip/e43fdd35-9add-4b9d-a7ef-1ed7166610f4?gamerTag=CH1l1X&scid=9c8a0100-4428-4a30-9596-35f31d5dfef7
  • COGSx86 wrote: »


    Just one video of showing my defence AI leaving his zone completely and just flying past the oncoming attack not evening challenging the player about to take a shot

    Razor poor AI is not unrealistic physics, thats another thing, and a goal being score but not counting is also something different.

    Your player jumping like a "leap frog" however is the kind of things we want.

    That has to be hut, they were doing that to me in the offensive zone. Lol all 3 fowards moving towards their net while they had the puck at thier blueline.


    Yes! I don't understand how other people are not finding this such a problem, the opponent can be making his way towards my net but my AI is still skating towards his let letting him fly on by.


  • Yes! I don't understand how other people are not finding this such a problem, the opponent can be making his way towards my net but my AI is still skating towards his let letting him fly on by.

    Yes I understand, the AI can be weak but please this is a thread where unrealistic things happen.

    For example a puck going right through a goalies glove (not clip or has this happened just using it as an example)

    The programming of the AI is a totally different thing. You should start a thread for that.
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Puck goes underneat the goalies pads magically

    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    EA needs to address this, this is my biggest issue with this game, the guy dipsy doddling around for the first 10 seconds is a joke



    This is one of the rare times I completely agree with you, puck carrier agility needs a nerf or at least better stick on stick or stick on legs collision so that they lose the puck pulling off this cheese.

    I can't believe the guy thinks thats a possible goal of the year, it was terrible.

    It doesn't need to be nerfed though. They need to fix what ever has been plaguing online play for the last 3 or so years. The developers know the same as anyone that has a clue that the game does not play fair online. The guy with the puck was not experiencing any kind of input lag whatsoever while the other side obviously was. I have been on the winning and losing ends of this exact crap way too many times to remember - too many times to even bother playing eashl anymore. If it's not input lag, then IMO it's even worse and the garbage comeback momentum/ice tilt that they deny. In those situations it's time to just quit the game!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Puck goes underneat the goalies pads magically

    To me it looks like the goalie lifts his pad as he makes a last second movement before the puck gets underneath his pad. But it's hard to tell what's going on because the angle of the video is total ****.

    Ea can't look at this and take it seriously just because the camera angle is wrong. It doesn't show if the pad lifted or not.
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    Puck goes underneat the goalies pads magically

    To me it looks like the goalie lifts his pad as he makes a last second movement before the puck gets underneath his pad. But it's hard to tell what's going on because the angle of the video is total ****.

    Ea can't look at this and take it seriously just because the camera angle is wrong. It doesn't show if the pad lifted or not.


    I would have to agree
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    Puck goes underneat the goalies pads magically

    To me it looks like the goalie lifts his pad as he makes a last second movement before the puck gets underneath his pad. But it's hard to tell what's going on because the angle of the video is total ****.

    Ea can't look at this and take it seriously just because the camera angle is wrong. It doesn't show if the pad lifted or not.


    I would have to agree

    Even if we want to ignore the ridiculous puck pickup that sends the puck 10 feet to the goalie, why would the goalie lift his pad there? I might have a better angle saved, but none of this play makes sense.
  • COGSx86
    778 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    Puck goes underneat the goalies pads magically

    To me it looks like the goalie lifts his pad as he makes a last second movement before the puck gets underneath his pad. But it's hard to tell what's going on because the angle of the video is total ****.

    Ea can't look at this and take it seriously just because the camera angle is wrong. It doesn't show if the pad lifted or not.


    I would have to agree

    Even if we want to ignore the ridiculous puck pickup that sends the puck 10 feet to the goalie, why would the goalie lift his pad there? I might have a better angle saved, but none of this play makes sense.

    I would also agree, why would the goalie lift his pad, when in perfect position.

    Im gonna upload another one from last week, this one doesnt make sense one bite
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Sometimes I think EA does this, so goals get scored




    2wnp72q.jpg
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Sometimes I think EA does this, so goals get scored




    2wnp72q.jpg

    Setting aside the fact that the puck would never fit through that little space beneath Pavelec's pads, these two clips show completely different things. Pavelec's space is created by being in butterfly, which angles the pads up. In the game clip, the puck goes underneath the end of the pad, which is somehow miraculously off the ground.

    Nothing about the goalie's reaction in the game clip make sense. He semi-drops to butterly, but then doesn't use his stick to block the 5-hole. He has the shot covered with his right pad if he does what Pavelec does, but instead he sort of waves at it with his stick and lowers his pads in the middle, even though the shot is to his outside. Just a complete joke, and yet another example of the game arbitrarily gifting one team a goal.
  • Bmh245 wrote: »
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    Sometimes I think EA does this, so goals get scored




    2wnp72q.jpg

    Setting aside the fact that the puck would never fit through that little space beneath Pavelec's pads, these two clips show completely different things. Pavelec's space is created by being in butterfly, which angles the pads up. In the game clip, the puck goes underneath the end of the pad, which is somehow miraculously off the ground.

    Nothing about the goalie's reaction in the game clip make sense. He semi-drops to butterly, but then doesn't use his stick to block the 5-hole. He has the shot covered with his right pad if he does what Pavelec does, but instead he sort of waves at it with his stick and lowers his pads in the middle, even though the shot is to his outside. Just a complete joke, and yet another example of the game arbitrarily gifting one team a goal.

    In that photo his right pad is off the ice because it is actually resting on his stick blade. For the last 4 years or so, goalie pads are perfectly flush to the ice when in butterfly. They are designed that way. About 5 years ago the top of the pad would angle slightly upward creating a 5 hole gap. The pads no longer angle up, as you say. Of course, this does not negate what you said about the game clip. I entirely agree with you.
  • Matrix poke check. Stick goes through my body.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!