EA Forums - Banner

Why hasn't EA addressed us yet?

Replies

  • To be honest Ben actually spent a fair amount of time responding to posts. Maybe it was multiple people sharing the account but it also seemed that the posts were made after working hours some of the time as well.

    That being said, I'm surprised and also not surprised that their absence right now. Surprised they haven't given a time frame to expect things like sticklift to be fixed. And unsurprised because we mostly discuss the negative aspects of the game with good reason as a lot of it has been around for a while etc.

    Yes Ben was around for a bit. Was actually surprising and refreshing. But in the end, the result was the same. I appreciate when he was around, but makes me believe he doesn't have enough decision power. I don't know. Gave me the impression he was trying to work at getting things changed, but in the end, same junk as usual. Now, he is nowhere to be seen.

    I know it is easy to blame Rammer. I share this same opinion. I firmly believe he should go. But none of us knows what goes on at EA. Maybe it is the higher-ups forcing the dev team in this direction. It is all speculation and we have to believe what we chose to believe.
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »
    To be honest Ben actually spent a fair amount of time responding to posts. Maybe it was multiple people sharing the account but it also seemed that the posts were made after working hours some of the time as well.

    That being said, I'm surprised and also not surprised that their absence right now. Surprised they haven't given a time frame to expect things like sticklift to be fixed. And unsurprised because we mostly discuss the negative aspects of the game with good reason as a lot of it has been around for a while etc.

    Yes Ben was around for a bit. Was actually surprising and refreshing. But in the end, the result was the same. I appreciate when he was around, but makes me believe he doesn't have enough decision power. I don't know. Gave me the impression he was trying to work at getting things changed, but in the end, same junk as usual. Now, he is nowhere to be seen.

    I know it is easy to blame Rammer. I share this same opinion. I firmly believe he should go. But none of us knows what goes on at EA. Maybe it is the higher-ups forcing the dev team in this direction. It is all speculation and we have to believe what we chose to believe.

    It honestly can't be ea forcing the devs in a certain direction. The majority of players don't like the game and haven't for years. Rammer is considered a joke by almost the entire community whether it's his fault or not, why would ea want that image? Ea knows nhl will never compete with fifa and madden, whether the game is **** or not far too many people in this community for some reason are willing to shell out hundreds/thousands on hut packs then proceed to complain on streams about how much the game ****, it's hilarious to see. But that's what keeps ea making the game.

    Until people speak with their wallets, ea is collecting enough money from their smallest sports game to be satisfied with it and will just focus their efforts on the games that make the most money for them. Do you really think if the Dev team for fifa or madden was this incompetent they would still have jobs? Not a chance

    Valid points.
  • I really think this year is the straw that broke the camels back. If anyone remembers my comments in the old forum I was really on the fence about preordering games in general these days, not because of the game play but because I was sick of games being launched broken.

    Months before launch I was really contemplating whether I was going to preorder NHL. I was on the fence but Ben was around answering a ton of question. We messaged back and forth regularly. I had that sense he really cared and was really trying to make the best product. When the beta dropped I had a hell of a time with forum members in club. Ben was still present and answering questions. I was happy so I preordered.

    Queue the launch!

    Stick lifts is broken, EASHL bugs out the wazoo, Failed to Retrieve Data, couldnt make a HUT team for my son for a couple days and the forums are gone. Since launch the only dev interaction around here has been "James" asking for the team names of EASHL that have been locked out. Like what game actually has bugs that prevents users from actually playing the game?

    Luckily for me I didn't suffer the EASHL lockout but in regards to the stick lifts I was upset and wrote my displeasure on Twitter. To my surprise Rammer actually followed me and we talked. He replied with typical corporate answers. It was when I read the sticky about how the dev team is aware stick lifts is broken and working on it then compared it to what Rammer was saying in previous posts that I knew I theyre full of *.
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    There'll be a patch soon ladies.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    There'll be a patch soon ladies.

    Soon as in it's in certification or soon like in a couple more weeks?
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    edited October 2016
    B-Bunny wrote: »
    There'll be a patch soon ladies.

    Soon as in it's in certification or soon like in a couple more weeks?

    If I give you a specific timeline and it gets slightly delayed for some reason yall tear me apart lol
    Just know ones coming and its not far off.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    I am not surprised that the developers stay distant. They've come here before which resulted in some really good discussions and the eventual solution to the Home Captain Lag last year.

    However, many threads that Ben took part in just spiraled in to name calling, trolls who have it in for other users, and your usual suspects who just keep saying the same thing over and over, "EA doesn't know hockey" , "This game is trash", "I'm top ranked in vs, I know this game and it ****" - yadda yadda.

    Once the community can clean up it's act and stop approaching issues with immaturity and blame - we might be able to move on.

    I get it, I get it, "EA **** and never listens to us anyways".

    But I'd imagine if you were developing a game, and you came to the forums to get feedback which always starts with, "This game is trash" - you'd likely stay away too.

    And before someone inevitably replies with "If I developed a game I wouldn't ignore my fanbase!" - I would totally agree with that.

    But these Forums are still recovering from not being anywhere near a 'fanbase' and more of a haven for trolls to bash EA and come rage post after they lost an online match.

    We'll get back to being a normal community soon, but there's growing pains.

    Forums is in this state only because EA ignores its customers, and that leads to immaturity, blame and frustration. Simple as that. Don't blame the community.

    I work as a developer/designer and we have had a ton trash in our support forums. We don't know how to do this and that and we are ****... But guess what, we take time and try to reply every concern that our customers have and try to work out why certain things are happening and try to work out how to fix it. Only if EA even tries...
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Greyinsi wrote: »

    immaturity, blame and frustration. Simple as that. Don't blame the community.

    Absolutely I will blame the community for being immature. Nobody forces some of the users here to 'act' the way they do. The feedback on the Facebook page is a little more mature (just a little) due to the fact that most users are interacting with their real name, and those interactions are public.

    I'd like to see how some of the notoriously bad users here would like it if their entire family and friends could see their post history tagged with their real name?

    The anonymity that comes with a 'message board' is really what drives a lot of the **** around here.

    I work as a developer/designer and we have had a ton trash in our support forums. We don't know how to do this and that and we are ****... But guess what, we take time and try to reply every concern that our customers have and try to work out why certain things are happening and try to work out how to fix it. Only if EA even tries...

    Care to indulge us as to what program/game you work with?

    I very seriously doubt that it compares, even in the slightest, to the nastiness we see here on a day to day basis.

    seriously is this your first time involved with video games? I've been part of online game communities since the 90s and almost every single gaming forum is just like this one. No matter how successful the game is. Why? it's obvious and has almost nothing to do with anonymity. It is because when the game works well people aren't looking to come running to the forums to talk about it, they just play and enjoy. Also this game has absolutely no community, what community they had has slowly been killed of for various reasons. As such there's no reason to come to the forums other than when you find issue with the game. Maybe coming to the forums to try and find solutions, or just a place to vent.

    The devs don't need to come to the general discussion forums but there should be a place for people to leave their feedback and regularly get some kind of response. And it should be moderated properly. Additionally some back and forth, like a moderated Q&A, on a regular basis would be nice.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    There'll be a patch soon ladies.

    Did you just assume my gender?
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    I am not surprised that the developers stay distant. They've come here before which resulted in some really good discussions and the eventual solution to the Home Captain Lag last year.

    However, many threads that Ben took part in just spiraled in to name calling, trolls who have it in for other users, and your usual suspects who just keep saying the same thing over and over, "EA doesn't know hockey" , "This game is trash", "I'm top ranked in vs, I know this game and it ****" - yadda yadda.

    Once the community can clean up it's act and stop approaching issues with immaturity and blame - we might be able to move on.

    I get it, I get it, "EA **** and never listens to us anyways".

    But I'd imagine if you were developing a game, and you came to the forums to get feedback which always starts with, "This game is trash" - you'd likely stay away too.

    And before someone inevitably replies with "If I developed a game I wouldn't ignore my fanbase!" - I would totally agree with that.

    But these Forums are still recovering from not being anywhere near a 'fanbase' and more of a haven for trolls to bash EA and come rage post after they lost an online match.

    We'll get back to being a normal community soon, but there's growing pains.

    How will the community start growing, if we keep seeing an exodus of players every year? This game is being built by hockey fans, not hockey knowledgeable people, and the sliders year in and year out prove it is catered to casual play. Highlight-reel dekes and snipes are the name of the game. Now, this wouldn’t be a problem necessarily but....

    The hardcore community, the ones that want a realistic hockey sim, have no online options to play the style of game we want. No custom sliders/leagues/lobbies/VS searches to make our experience better, an experience we've been asking for, for years! EA just makes everyone play the same old track race, odd man rush-filled, danglefest, figure skating rubbish we've seen for years, and then wonders why so many people aren't pleased. I mean, it is seriously as simple as giving us lobbies where we can edit the sliders to our liking, but NOPE! Because of this, we've seen a total decline in the hardcore/passionate community...you know, the community that FILLED these same forums in 09-11. This is the same community that has left due to the direction of this franchise. And the few left remaining will certainly be gone soon, as all of their complaints are discredited, and they are simply referred to as "trolls or whiners".

    Here's the problem with your critique of the EA forums status. You're trying to blame the symptom for the underlying problem. Skeptics and non-believers of EA didn't magically appear. The direction this game has been going in since Rammer took over, and the hot messes we've been delivered on the next-gen consoles have exponentially increased the amount of these people. We want hockey, not this sloppy, 8-year old mite game with random spins, people falling all over, horrible goalies, and terribly inconcsistient goalie interference calls. We don't want a game where spinning with the puck is a better strategy than passing. We don't want a game where a simply RS flick breaks the physics engine and makes people avoid what should be hits. We don't want a game where poking the puck through the goalies pads accounts for 50% of high-level goals. We want a game where skating is efficient (it is terribly inefficient at the moment) passing is crisp, and cycling the puck to create chances is rewarded. Right now, we don't have that.

    At the end of the day, what has been delivered in order to even remotely quiet the haters (let alone silence them)? The answer is nothing. Half-baked skating, half-baked tieups, and the complete destruction of human goaltending is the best we can get? And you have the audacity to call all of these people "trolls" simply because they're disappointed with three straight years of mediocrity, when we have no other hockey option? It's disappointing to say the least. The hardcore community is told to "shut up and like it" while the casuals get their flash moves and SiccKKsNiP3zz Xx. The hardcore community WAS your FANBASE, they've now become skeptics or dropped the game all together. The lack of people (this is a ghost town) and the amount of skeptics among the remaining is no surprise to me. Not in the least bit surprising at all.

    End rant.
  • Lol @ Cogs "when have devs been more active on the forums?"

    How about during the summer in order to hype their game which once released, they stop answering our questions almost entirely...
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    I am not surprised that the developers stay distant. They've come here before which resulted in some really good discussions and the eventual solution to the Home Captain Lag last year.

    However, many threads that Ben took part in just spiraled in to name calling, trolls who have it in for other users, and your usual suspects who just keep saying the same thing over and over, "EA doesn't know hockey" , "This game is trash", "I'm top ranked in vs, I know this game and it ****" - yadda yadda.

    Once the community can clean up it's act and stop approaching issues with immaturity and blame - we might be able to move on.

    I get it, I get it, "EA **** and never listens to us anyways".

    But I'd imagine if you were developing a game, and you came to the forums to get feedback which always starts with, "This game is trash" - you'd likely stay away too.

    And before someone inevitably replies with "If I developed a game I wouldn't ignore my fanbase!" - I would totally agree with that.

    But these Forums are still recovering from not being anywhere near a 'fanbase' and more of a haven for trolls to bash EA and come rage post after they lost an online match.

    We'll get back to being a normal community soon, but there's growing pains.

    OOOOOHHHHHHHH give me a break. The forums are as old as Rammer's career in NHL series, if not more. There was SLIGHTLY more activity from EA back in the day, but that was a reaaaaal long time ago. What was their excuse back then? No one was complaining in anger, so no need to fix anything?? Now it's TOO much anger?

    Sorry, but it comes with the territory buddy. Don't like it? Then **** and give your job to someone who will. People are tired of the minuscule changes every year. Every damned year is a 90$ update. 15 was utter trash and BARELY qualified as a game. I would say it was a notch above a beta. 16? Yea, it was better. Barely. Now 17. Hmmm. How nice that all the new additions are broken.

    I could not care less if you consider this place a troll haven. Why? Nothing constructive ever comes from here and makes it to the game. Devs disappear until the hype train arrives. Ah, but no worries! We have to take your word they actually do read our posts! Cool, they never reply, so does that mean everything is always perfectly clear? Never any questions? How quaint.

    Wow. Small **** every time. Small team, small budget, boohoo, woest me. But please, do buy the game at FULL PRICE and could you, like maybe, buy a few packs before you rage quit?

    But wait! What's that? They don't visit the forums because they are hostile?!?! OH NO!! Funny thing is, for the 5 or so weeks Ben was here, the hostility went down at least 40%. Funny thing, huh?

    So yea we get to pay full price for a game that has about 3% of the budget for games such as GTA 5, but lucky us, we get to pay the same price. Plus, EVERY single game mode has issues. ALL of them. Don't get me wrong though. I find it fantastic when my EASHL coach tells me to stride deke and snipe dem corners while I am the team's goalie.

    Sorry, there is absolutely NOTHING you will say to say they are right to not come here and even less of a chance to convince me people are not entitled to complain. But hey, thank God Facebook is around cause it helped immensely that we got our mascots for NHL 15. Yes, mascots and cosmetics were more important than gameplay and game modes....

  • Dixonyu
    675 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I'd love to see a patch saying , ai will no longer cheat, your ai will play at the same level as the opposing teams AI... No more leaving men open for easy on timers on one side of the ice, but not the other, no more force inverting your dmen and forwards so they aren't consistently out of position for one team , not the other ... No more full **** mode for one team and a competent ai on the other .... No more will you have to deal with a trash goalie versus a goalie who can't be beat ...
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Greyinsi wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    I am not surprised that the developers stay distant. They've come here before which resulted in some really good discussions and the eventual solution to the Home Captain Lag last year.

    However, many threads that Ben took part in just spiraled in to name calling, trolls who have it in for other users, and your usual suspects who just keep saying the same thing over and over, "EA doesn't know hockey" , "This game is trash", "I'm top ranked in vs, I know this game and it ****" - yadda yadda.

    Once the community can clean up it's act and stop approaching issues with immaturity and blame - we might be able to move on.

    I get it, I get it, "EA **** and never listens to us anyways".

    But I'd imagine if you were developing a game, and you came to the forums to get feedback which always starts with, "This game is trash" - you'd likely stay away too.

    And before someone inevitably replies with "If I developed a game I wouldn't ignore my fanbase!" - I would totally agree with that.

    But these Forums are still recovering from not being anywhere near a 'fanbase' and more of a haven for trolls to bash EA and come rage post after they lost an online match.

    We'll get back to being a normal community soon, but there's growing pains.

    Forums is in this state only because EA ignores its customers, and that leads to immaturity, blame and frustration. Simple as that. Don't blame the community.

    I work as a developer/designer and we have had a ton trash in our support forums. We don't know how to do this and that and we are ****... But guess what, we take time and try to reply every concern that our customers have and try to work out why certain things are happening and try to work out how to fix it. Only if EA even tries...

    Aren't you contracting yourself? You say you reply there and they still troll.

    This community is straight up toxic. It's going to take a lot on both sides to turn it around.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    I am not surprised that the developers stay distant. They've come here before which resulted in some really good discussions and the eventual solution to the Home Captain Lag last year.

    However, many threads that Ben took part in just spiraled in to name calling, trolls who have it in for other users, and your usual suspects who just keep saying the same thing over and over, "EA doesn't know hockey" , "This game is trash", "I'm top ranked in vs, I know this game and it ****" - yadda yadda.

    Once the community can clean up it's act and stop approaching issues with immaturity and blame - we might be able to move on.

    I get it, I get it, "EA **** and never listens to us anyways".

    But I'd imagine if you were developing a game, and you came to the forums to get feedback which always starts with, "This game is trash" - you'd likely stay away too.

    And before someone inevitably replies with "If I developed a game I wouldn't ignore my fanbase!" - I would totally agree with that.

    But these Forums are still recovering from not being anywhere near a 'fanbase' and more of a haven for trolls to bash EA and come rage post after they lost an online match.

    We'll get back to being a normal community soon, but there's growing pains.

    How will the community start growing, if we keep seeing an exodus of players every year? This game is being built by hockey fans, not hockey knowledgeable people, and the sliders year in and year out prove it is catered to casual play. Highlight-reel dekes and snipes are the name of the game. Now, this wouldn’t be a problem necessarily but....

    The hardcore community, the ones that want a realistic hockey sim, have no online options to play the style of game we want. No custom sliders/leagues/lobbies/VS searches to make our experience better, an experience we've been asking for, for years! EA just makes everyone play the same old track race, odd man rush-filled, danglefest, figure skating rubbish we've seen for years, and then wonders why so many people aren't pleased. I mean, it is seriously as simple as giving us lobbies where we can edit the sliders to our liking, but NOPE! Because of this, we've seen a total decline in the hardcore/passionate community...you know, the community that FILLED these same forums in 09-11. This is the same community that has left due to the direction of this franchise. And the few left remaining will certainly be gone soon, as all of their complaints are discredited, and they are simply referred to as "trolls or whiners".

    Here's the problem with your critique of the EA forums status. You're trying to blame the symptom for the underlying problem. Skeptics and non-believers of EA didn't magically appear. The direction this game has been going in since Rammer took over, and the hot messes we've been delivered on the next-gen consoles have exponentially increased the amount of these people. We want hockey, not this sloppy, 8-year old mite game with random spins, people falling all over, horrible goalies, and terribly inconcsistient goalie interference calls. We don't want a game where spinning with the puck is a better strategy than passing. We don't want a game where a simply RS flick breaks the physics engine and makes people avoid what should be hits. We don't want a game where poking the puck through the goalies pads accounts for 50% of high-level goals. We want a game where skating is efficient (it is terribly inefficient at the moment) passing is crisp, and cycling the puck to create chances is rewarded. Right now, we don't have that.

    At the end of the day, what has been delivered in order to even remotely quiet the haters (let alone silence them)? The answer is nothing. Half-baked skating, half-baked tieups, and the complete destruction of human goaltending is the best we can get? And you have the audacity to call all of these people "trolls" simply because they're disappointed with three straight years of mediocrity, when we have no other hockey option? It's disappointing to say the least. The hardcore community is told to "shut up and like it" while the casuals get their flash moves and SiccKKsNiP3zz Xx. The hardcore community WAS your FANBASE, they've now become skeptics or dropped the game all together. The lack of people (this is a ghost town) and the amount of skeptics among the remaining is no surprise to me. Not in the least bit surprising at all.

    End rant.

    The game keeps moving in a more realistic direction, but that is most often met with disdain. You all say you want a realistic hockey sim, but what you really want is a more fun and arcade type game.
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Dixonyu wrote: »
    I'd love to see a patch saying , ai will no longer cheat, your ai will play at the same level as the opposing teams AI... No more leaving men open for easy on timers on one side of the ice, but not the other, no more force inverting your dmen and forwards so they aren't consistently out of position for one team , not the other ... No more full **** mode for one team and a competent ai on the other .... No more will you have to deal with a trash goalie versus a goalie who can't be beat ...

    I don't see this. My AI aren't perfect, but they are dependable. I also don't go pulling them out of position by chasing the puck. I'm talking about OVP and HUT. For EASHL I play defense so I don't see the bad AI people are talking about. I just don't believe the game is making the AI play at different levels. When I lose it's because I was outplayed or the got some lucky bounces. That's hockey for you. It's unpredictable and dynamic. You see those weak shots happen against the best.
  • Only thing that brings me back to the NHL series is my teammates (on my EASHL team). Unless I'm playing with 4-6 live players, I wouldn't play this game at all. We spend more time laughing at all the garbage goals, players not identifying the puck in their skates or right beside them, crazy passes, etc..

    Oh good times EA
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!