EA Forums - Banner

WHO THE [email protected]#+ are you passing to?

In the beginning I thought it was just me getting used to the game. Now about twenty or thirty games in I want to know why the heck the puck chooses where it wants to go. If I pass to Kopitar it should go to Kopitar not icing or against the boards and certainly not to the other team. WHY WHY WHY??????

Replies

• had the same problem. I changed the pass assistant from 100% (by default) to 65% in the controller menu. helped a lot! (and yes its for on- and offline games according to the last tuner note).
  • Yep just turn the pass assistance down so thay when a pass misses it's target you know it's more your fault than the games fault.
  • Ya this is very annoying! I think it might be the idea that not every pass should be connected on tape to tape unless you have that Synergy? Not sure but I think that's what they had in mind plus not every pass should be perfect. Although I wish it was perfect passing miss that!!! :)
  • Sometimes I pull the trigger in Bap or EASHL thinking im about to get the puck, but I dont so I let go. Then I pull the trigger again when I have my second chance to pick it up, but the game is like "Nope you already pulled it" and passes it so some random defender

Like okay awesome
  • Passing is fine, maybe its your understanding of where your player is facing in relation to where you want the puck to go. At the same time your controller input.
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    COGSx86 wrote: »
    Passing is fine, maybe its your understanding of where your player is facing in relation to where you want the puck to go. At the same time your controller input.

This is why on long stretch passes I try to skate as straight down ice as I can, it makes hard passes much easier.
  • In the beginning I thought it was just me getting used to the game. Now about twenty or thirty games in I want to know why the heck the puck chooses where it wants to go. If I pass to Kopitar it should go to Kopitar not icing or against the boards and certainly not to the other team. WHY WHY WHY??????

I have quite a few problems with this game and I'm even one of the tin foil hat wearing ice tilt believers but I gotta say I've turned pass assist off and I pass better than pretty much everyone on my team. When I do miss a pass, I know for a fact I aimed it wrong, I know when it's missing and what I did wrong as soon as I release R2.

The only thing that frustrates me about passing is it bouncing right off the blade of a teammates stick, or when it goes within inches of it and they don't recieve it. This usually happens when cycling the puck close to the boards to a teammate in the offensive zone.
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Passing is fine, maybe its your understanding of where your player is facing in relation to where you want the puck to go. At the same time your controller input.
    Controller inputs not registering properly is a problem since new gen NHL 15. It is better in NHL 17 - but it is still there. All part of the laggy, clunky experience that is EA hockey.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Animal1138 wrote: »
    Sometimes I pull the trigger in Bap or EASHL thinking im about to get the puck, but I dont so I let go. Then I pull the trigger again when I have my second chance to pick it up, but the game is like "Nope you already pulled it" and passes it so some random defender

Like okay awesome

Dunno about EASHL/BaP but I know when you lock position in a play now game and request a line change, the CPU won't pass it to you until you line change.
  • Lynch-CAN - I have quite a few problems with this game and I'm even one of the tin foil hat wearing ice tilt believers but I gotta say I've turned pass assist off and I pass better than pretty much everyone on my team. "

Where do you turn pass assist OFF for HUT online games? Never saw this option before?

• Endlesstimes
    99 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    COGSx86 wrote: »

Nope I wish it was that simple! It seems to not matter how your guy is position or skating up to the neutral zone, it happens regardless! You can push the controller as fast or as hard as you can in the correct direction, and if the game choose to it will connect or not.

Keeping in mind with out the lag or lag cheat being used against me. And yes I know when people are doing it to me and it' so sad you have to ruin the game , but people are people!!! And will be people! Ha lol..
  • COGSx86 wrote: »

Nope I wish it was that simple! It seems to not matter how your guy is position or skating up to the neutral zone, it happens regardless! You can push the controller as fast or as hard as you can in the correct direction, and if the game choose to it will connect or not.

Keeping in mind with out the lag or lag cheat being used against me. And yes I know when people are doing it to me and it' so sad you have to ruin the game , but people are people!!! And will be people! Ha lol..

Funny how I can pass so much better with a Def D man compared to the 2 way of Off D man. When the game decides for you where you are trying to pass, the outcome is generally not satisfying.
  • Lynch-CAN - I have quite a few problems with this game and I'm even one of the tin foil hat wearing ice tilt believers but I gotta say I've turned pass assist off and I pass better than pretty much everyone on my team. "

Where do you turn pass assist OFF for HUT online games? Never saw this option before?

I only played hut a few times, but I imagine it's in the controller section of settings.
  • One issue I frequently have is over anticipating in vs and HUT. I will pass LW to RW for the one timer, and be holding right and up to shoot before I finish the pass. Viola, pass goes into no man's land. For me, it was working on my patience.
  • glide then move the puck, and make sure your guy isn't tired - EA thinks being tired means full out oxygen deprivation with full out euphoria and complete inability to perform sharp motor skills. If your guy is tired they can't pass where you ask them to and the guy receiving the pass can never adjust properly to relieve the pass so they end up standing there when they receive it for a second or two before they are able to accelerate and straighten out.
  • The problem is being tired, there is no actual way of knowing how much gas is left in the tank for whatever player you're controlling. Including position locked modes. Last year I was pushing for EA to add an endurance meter for whatever player you had control of. A gamechanger said that EA is aware of the request and will possibly add this in a patch, but they have a lot more pressing needs to worry about it think so who knows if it'll ever be in 17.