EA Forums - Banner

Why hasn't EA addressed us yet?

13Next

Replies

• Sinbin wrote: »
    HipNotiiCx wrote: »
    KoryDub wrote: »
    I am not surprised that the developers stay distant. They've come here before which resulted in some really good discussions and the eventual solution to the Home Captain Lag last year.

However, many threads that Ben took part in just spiraled in to name calling, trolls who have it in for other users, and your usual suspects who just keep saying the same thing over and over, "EA doesn't know hockey" , "This game is trash", "I'm top ranked in vs, I know this game and it ****" - yadda yadda.

Once the community can clean up it's act and stop approaching issues with immaturity and blame - we might be able to move on.

I get it, I get it, "EA **** and never listens to us anyways".

But I'd imagine if you were developing a game, and you came to the forums to get feedback which always starts with, "This game is trash" - you'd likely stay away too.

And before someone inevitably replies with "If I developed a game I wouldn't ignore my fanbase!" - I would totally agree with that.

But these Forums are still recovering from not being anywhere near a 'fanbase' and more of a haven for trolls to bash EA and come rage post after they lost an online match.

We'll get back to being a normal community soon, but there's growing pains.

How will the community start growing, if we keep seeing an exodus of players every year? This game is being built by hockey fans, not hockey knowledgeable people, and the sliders year in and year out prove it is catered to casual play. Highlight-reel dekes and snipes are the name of the game. Now, this wouldn’t be a problem necessarily but....

The hardcore community, the ones that want a realistic hockey sim, have no online options to play the style of game we want. No custom sliders/leagues/lobbies/VS searches to make our experience better, an experience we've been asking for, for years! EA just makes everyone play the same old track race, odd man rush-filled, danglefest, figure skating rubbish we've seen for years, and then wonders why so many people aren't pleased. I mean, it is seriously as simple as giving us lobbies where we can edit the sliders to our liking, but NOPE! Because of this, we've seen a total decline in the hardcore/passionate community...you know, the community that FILLED these same forums in 09-11. This is the same community that has left due to the direction of this franchise. And the few left remaining will certainly be gone soon, as all of their complaints are discredited, and they are simply referred to as "trolls or whiners".

Here's the problem with your critique of the EA forums status. You're trying to blame the symptom for the underlying problem. Skeptics and non-believers of EA didn't magically appear. The direction this game has been going in since Rammer took over, and the hot messes we've been delivered on the next-gen consoles have exponentially increased the amount of these people. We want hockey, not this sloppy, 8-year old mite game with random spins, people falling all over, horrible goalies, and terribly inconcsistient goalie interference calls. We don't want a game where spinning with the puck is a better strategy than passing. We don't want a game where a simply RS flick breaks the physics engine and makes people avoid what should be hits. We don't want a game where poking the puck through the goalies pads accounts for 50% of high-level goals. We want a game where skating is efficient (it is terribly inefficient at the moment) passing is crisp, and cycling the puck to create chances is rewarded. Right now, we don't have that.

At the end of the day, what has been delivered in order to even remotely quiet the haters (let alone silence them)? The answer is nothing. Half-baked skating, half-baked tieups, and the complete destruction of human goaltending is the best we can get? And you have the audacity to call all of these people "trolls" simply because they're disappointed with three straight years of mediocrity, when we have no other hockey option? It's disappointing to say the least. The hardcore community is told to "shut up and like it" while the casuals get their flash moves and SiccKKsNiP3zz Xx. The hardcore community WAS your FANBASE, they've now become skeptics or dropped the game all together. The lack of people (this is a ghost town) and the amount of skeptics among the remaining is no surprise to me. Not in the least bit surprising at all.

End rant.

The game keeps moving in a more realistic direction, but that is most often met with disdain. You all say you want a realistic hockey sim, but what you really want is a more fun and arcade type game.

No, what people want is a balanced game that's realistic yet without randomness and to be in control of their skater and in control of what happens on the ice. If thats interpreted as arcadey then fine
  • Sinbin
    1331 posts Member
    Sinbin wrote: »
    I am not surprised that the developers stay distant. They've come here before which resulted in some really good discussions and the eventual solution to the Home Captain Lag last year.

However, many threads that Ben took part in just spiraled in to name calling, trolls who have it in for other users, and your usual suspects who just keep saying the same thing over and over, "EA doesn't know hockey" , "This game is trash", "I'm top ranked in vs, I know this game and it ****" - yadda yadda.

Once the community can clean up it's act and stop approaching issues with immaturity and blame - we might be able to move on.

But I'd imagine if you were developing a game, and you came to the forums to get feedback which always starts with, "This game is trash" - you'd likely stay away too.

And before someone inevitably replies with "If I developed a game I wouldn't ignore my fanbase!" - I would totally agree with that.

But these Forums are still recovering from not being anywhere near a 'fanbase' and more of a haven for trolls to bash EA and come rage post after they lost an online match.

How will the community start growing, if we keep seeing an exodus of players every year? This game is being built by hockey fans, not hockey knowledgeable people, and the sliders year in and year out prove it is catered to casual play. Highlight-reel dekes and snipes are the name of the game. Now, this wouldn’t be a problem necessarily but....

The hardcore community, the ones that want a realistic hockey sim, have no online options to play the style of game we want. No custom sliders/leagues/lobbies/VS searches to make our experience better, an experience we've been asking for, for years! EA just makes everyone play the same old track race, odd man rush-filled, danglefest, figure skating rubbish we've seen for years, and then wonders why so many people aren't pleased. I mean, it is seriously as simple as giving us lobbies where we can edit the sliders to our liking, but NOPE! Because of this, we've seen a total decline in the hardcore/passionate community...you know, the community that FILLED these same forums in 09-11. This is the same community that has left due to the direction of this franchise. And the few left remaining will certainly be gone soon, as all of their complaints are discredited, and they are simply referred to as "trolls or whiners".

Here's the problem with your critique of the EA forums status. You're trying to blame the symptom for the underlying problem. Skeptics and non-believers of EA didn't magically appear. The direction this game has been going in since Rammer took over, and the hot messes we've been delivered on the next-gen consoles have exponentially increased the amount of these people. We want hockey, not this sloppy, 8-year old mite game with random spins, people falling all over, horrible goalies, and terribly inconcsistient goalie interference calls. We don't want a game where spinning with the puck is a better strategy than passing. We don't want a game where a simply RS flick breaks the physics engine and makes people avoid what should be hits. We don't want a game where poking the puck through the goalies pads accounts for 50% of high-level goals. We want a game where skating is efficient (it is terribly inefficient at the moment) passing is crisp, and cycling the puck to create chances is rewarded. Right now, we don't have that.

At the end of the day, what has been delivered in order to even remotely quiet the haters (let alone silence them)? The answer is nothing. Half-baked skating, half-baked tieups, and the complete destruction of human goaltending is the best we can get? And you have the audacity to call all of these people "trolls" simply because they're disappointed with three straight years of mediocrity, when we have no other hockey option? It's disappointing to say the least. The hardcore community is told to "shut up and like it" while the casuals get their flash moves and SiccKKsNiP3zz Xx. The hardcore community WAS your FANBASE, they've now become skeptics or dropped the game all together. The lack of people (this is a ghost town) and the amount of skeptics among the remaining is no surprise to me. Not in the least bit surprising at all.

End rant.

The game keeps moving in a more realistic direction, but that is most often met with disdain. You all say you want a realistic hockey sim, but what you really want is a more fun and arcade type game.

No, what people want is a balanced game that's realistic yet without randomness and to be in control of their skater and in control of what happens on the ice. If thats interpreted as arcadey then fine

Don't want to hijack this thread. It should be about the topic at hand so apologies for that. Otherwise this would be a good conversation. Quickly though, I'm for the most part in agreement with you.
  • No Man's Sky set a world record for biggest drop in player base recently. The biggest reason: the devs went silent. A simple "we're working on bringing you the game we envisioned" would have worked wonders.

Same case here. At this rate I'll be surprised to see the NHL series still around in a few years. Lack of competition from 2K has given EA very little incentive to put much effort into the NHL games, and as a result we're saying huge declines in purchases every year. NHL 17 is already fairly dead online and it's only been as month. Let that sink in.
  • Yah the amount of people in each division in HUT, is a lot lower this year then in previous ones.
  • B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    No Man's Sky set a world record for biggest drop in player base recently. The biggest reason: the devs went silent. A simple "we're working on bringing you the game we envisioned" would have worked wonders.

Same case here. At this rate I'll be surprised to see the NHL series still around in a few years. Lack of competition from 2K has given EA very little incentive to put much effort into the NHL games, and as a result we're saying huge declines in purchases every year. NHL 17 is already fairly dead online and it's only been as month. Let that sink in.

Uhhh, it was a lot more than that dude.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • No Man's Sky
    Is terrible. That's why it set record drop off in users.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »
    No Man's Sky set a world record for biggest drop in player base recently. The biggest reason: the devs went silent. A simple "we're working on bringing you the game we envisioned" would have worked wonders.

Yeah, it's good for EA that they didn't also release a game with lacking gameplay, broken features, and then over-promised and under-delivered on everything.
  • B-Bunny wrote: »

Yeah, it's good for EA that they didn't also release a game with lacking gameplay, broken features, and then over-promised and under-delivered on everything.

10 hours of play in No Mans Sky, and you've seen and done everything. For an exploration based game, that's terrible.

A good tuner update would fix most of NHLs problems, the BETA felt great in my opinion, poking and slapshot was OP but besides that it felt solid and fun. I just hope the tuner update releases soon and it's a good tuner so we don't lose even more players to other games.

BF 1 is coming out soon and I know I'll be buying it, if the next update for NHL doesn't fix some of the problems and make the game fun again I'll be playing BF1 exclusively; besides when my buddies get on for the weekend for some beers and hockey.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    B-Bunny wrote: »

10 hours of play in No Mans Sky, and you've seen and done everything. For an exploration based game, that's terrible.

A good tuner update would fix most of NHLs problems, the BETA felt great in my opinion, poking and slapshot was OP but besides that it felt solid and fun. I just hope the tuner update releases soon and it's a good tuner so we don't lose even more players to other games.

BF 1 is coming out soon and I know I'll be buying it, if the next update for NHL doesn't fix some of the problems and make the game fun again I'll be playing BF1 exclusively; besides when my buddies get on for the weekend for some beers and hockey.

Meh, the beta was of course more good than bad, but I smell a progressive return to the 14 era...
  • KoryDub wrote: »

lol..game is being developed by a bunch of oversensitive highschool girls with low self esteem. dont hurt thier feeling guys.
  • Why hasn't EA addressed us yet? They have our hard earned ca$h already, that is why!
  • You guys know how this crap goes. It's literally the same thing every year. The game releases and the development team goes into radio silence. We've made it abundantly clear what the game play issues are and we may get a patch that will make the game sort of playable and then more silence. If this alleged patch doesn't fix the glaring issues then I simply won't put the time into the game and I and many others will simply move on. I shouldn't be getting as frustrated as a do with this game on a nightly basis as I do.
  • BF1 comes out Monday night for early enlisters.
  • BF1 comes out Monday night for early enlisters.

Once BF drops I'm out of here. Don't think I'm gonna spend the extra $20 for Early Enlister though.
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »
    phil7488 wrote: »
    You guys know how this **** goes. It's literally the same thing every year. The game releases and the development team goes into radio silence. We've made it abundantly clear what the game play issues are and we may get a patch that will make the game sort of playable and then more silence. If this alleged patch doesn't fix the glaring issues then I simply won't put the time into the game and I and many others will simply move on. I shouldn't be getting as frustrated as a do with this game on a nightly basis as I do.

Pretty much spot on. People should be used to this by now. Go back to 16 with Captain lag, now fast forward to the wreck nhl 17 is, the game releases in a borderline unplayable state and we have to wait 2 months for a patch HOPING it will fix things. Once the patch releases, whether it fixes anything or not, we then have to deal with it until the next version of nhl.

The problem is while EA is selling copies year after year and may think they don't have to try, they had better realize the patience level of their customers is dropping huge and that over the last few years players have been abandoning the game pretty quickly for other games because they aren't interested in waiting months for ea to fix issues to make it playable/enjoyable. So while their sales numbers might not be taking a hit each year, people are slowly but surely moving on from the game and will surely start asking "what's the point". Basically it's like some people in an abusive relationship lol, they will keep going back hoping things will change but eventually they will say enough is enough

Pretty much.

Just look at how they left the goalie position for 16. It was utterly broken and practically unplayable. Goalie facing his own net on incoming shots.... Utterly disgusting that they completely ignored it but thankfully we had a $90 update called 17. Sadly, it has a bunch of different issues, but just as bad.
  • Same $&@" Different Day
  • Sinbin wrote: »
    Sinbin wrote: »

End rant.

Don't want to hijack this thread. It should be about the topic at hand so apologies for that. Otherwise this would be a good conversation. Quickly though, I'm for the most part in agreement with you.

Obviously you aren't because I am with Colon on nearly every debate.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.