EA Forums - Banner

Simulation VS Arcade

Replies

  • eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    I will explain it one more time.

    The puck went THROUGH his stick blade. His blade became a ghost.

    This has absolutely nothing to do with a sniper's puck control, a grinder's lack of ability to dangle through players or the power forward's checking abilities.
  • 1) He already said he was a defensive D-man in this clip.

    2) Are we now actually saying that when you choose certain builds, your physical body and all physical things attached to it should cease to exist in the physical realm and only appear as holograms?

    I mean, there must be a line where like.. medically diagnosed mental insanity has to be considered. And this argument may have crossed it.
  • phil7488 wrote: »
    You guys saying the skating is fine are laughable. Clearly you don't play defense and if you do its not at a high level. Try playing it in D1 against top 100 teams and come back and tell me you have the control you need to be competitive.

    Been saying this for awhile now. We just need to "GitGud" according to the DIV 9 HUT biggies crowd lol.

    Insane...
  • Prime example of that randomness that needs to go away. I never purposely let the offense get behind me but I was pretty confident I could step in front of this cherry picker to intercept an easy pass.


    Removes any fun of playing defense when you can make the guaranteed right play (zero reason for the puck to make it to the intended target - OFD and EnfD should make that 100% too) and the game burns you on it.

    The actions we make at the controller need happen in the game. Your action was cutting the pass off. It has to happen! If the game wants to consider player type for that action, maybe an Enforcer just whacks the puck back up-ice instead of stealing it, but it cannot make it past the defender!
    EASHL player
  • Prime example of that randomness that needs to go away. I never purposely let the offense get behind me but I was pretty confident I could step in front of this cherry picker to intercept an easy pass.


    Yup, this happens in this game WAY TOO MUCH, it should NEVER happen at all. If you're in perfect position to grab the puck then your player should pick it off 100% of the time. This game really screws you over for playing properly. That pass gets through for them but you'll do the exact same thing with their d man not even facing the puck but they'll grab it no problem. Please get rid of the randomness, momentum, **** and make it skill vs skill....
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    HAHA, You're defending the puck going through a stick because of the preset build that dman chose ? You're 1,000% a troll. Wow !
  • Youratv wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    So your saying builds determine or should determine whether another player stops being a physical entity and becomes completely transparent?

    Yes. Exactly that. That's how the mode is built. One build will trump another build at specific scenarios.
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    I will explain it one more time.

    The puck went THROUGH his stick blade. His blade became a ghost.

    This has absolutely nothing to do with a sniper's puck control, a grinder's lack of ability to dangle through players or the power forward's checking abilities.

    That's how passing "through" people works in the game. That's how every build works in this mode.
    If you want to disregard how it works, that's your problem.

    CrushNHL wrote: »
    1) He already said he was a defensive D-man in this clip.

    2) Are we now actually saying that when you choose certain builds, your physical body and all physical things attached to it should cease to exist in the physical realm and only appear as holograms?

    I mean, there must be a line where like.. medically diagnosed mental insanity has to be considered. And this argument may have crossed it.

    Ya but he didn't say what the passer was. He could have been an offensive D man and the lass was a saucer so that's why it wasn't on the ice so it must have been an OD. He just got trumped.

    So when Erik Karlson comes down the ice or Sergei gonchar does, and runs into someone, shouldn't they get destroyed in real life? Yes. But in this mode, no. An offensive D man will not drop a power forward.

    And how do you program the playmakers ability to pass through people? Because that's what the build is suppose to do with it's high passing rating.

    And it's not an argument, it's fact. That's how the mode is built. If you wanna deny it, well then there's medication for that. Huehuehuheuehue.

    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    HAHA, You're defending the puck going through a stick because of the preset build that dman chose ? You're 1,000% a troll. Wow !

    Just telling you how it is. Not how it should be. :)
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    Youratv wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    So your saying builds determine or should determine whether another player stops being a physical entity and becomes completely transparent?

    Yes. Exactly that. That's how the mode is built. One build will trump another build at specific scenarios.
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    I will explain it one more time.

    The puck went THROUGH his stick blade. His blade became a ghost.

    This has absolutely nothing to do with a sniper's puck control, a grinder's lack of ability to dangle through players or the power forward's checking abilities.

    That's how passing "through" people works in the game. That's how every build works in this mode.
    If you want to disregard how it works, that's your problem.

    CrushNHL wrote: »
    1) He already said he was a defensive D-man in this clip.

    2) Are we now actually saying that when you choose certain builds, your physical body and all physical things attached to it should cease to exist in the physical realm and only appear as holograms?

    I mean, there must be a line where like.. medically diagnosed mental insanity has to be considered. And this argument may have crossed it.

    Ya but he didn't say what the passer was. He could have been an offensive D man and the lass was a saucer so that's why it wasn't on the ice so it must have been an OD. He just got trumped.

    So when Erik Karlson comes down the ice or Sergei gonchar does, and runs into someone, shouldn't they get destroyed in real life? Yes. But in this mode, no. An offensive D man will not drop a power forward.

    And how do you program the playmakers ability to pass through people? Because that's what the build is suppose to do with it's high passing rating.

    And it's not an argument, it's fact. That's how the mode is built. If you wanna deny it, well then there's medication for that. Huehuehuheuehue.

    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    HAHA, You're defending the puck going through a stick because of the preset build that dman chose ? You're 1,000% a troll. Wow !

    Just telling you how it is. Not how it should be. :)

    Your whole point of view is ridiculous, it physically went through his stick. No matter your class, this never should happen. This isn't even debatable.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Youratv wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    So your saying builds determine or should determine whether another player stops being a physical entity and becomes completely transparent?

    Yes. Exactly that. That's how the mode is built. One build will trump another build at specific scenarios.
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    I will explain it one more time.

    The puck went THROUGH his stick blade. His blade became a ghost.

    This has absolutely nothing to do with a sniper's puck control, a grinder's lack of ability to dangle through players or the power forward's checking abilities.

    That's how passing "through" people works in the game. That's how every build works in this mode.
    If you want to disregard how it works, that's your problem.

    CrushNHL wrote: »
    1) He already said he was a defensive D-man in this clip.

    2) Are we now actually saying that when you choose certain builds, your physical body and all physical things attached to it should cease to exist in the physical realm and only appear as holograms?

    I mean, there must be a line where like.. medically diagnosed mental insanity has to be considered. And this argument may have crossed it.

    Ya but he didn't say what the passer was. He could have been an offensive D man and the lass was a saucer so that's why it wasn't on the ice so it must have been an OD. He just got trumped.

    So when Erik Karlson comes down the ice or Sergei gonchar does, and runs into someone, shouldn't they get destroyed in real life? Yes. But in this mode, no. An offensive D man will not drop a power forward.

    And how do you program the playmakers ability to pass through people? Because that's what the build is suppose to do with it's high passing rating.

    And it's not an argument, it's fact. That's how the mode is built. If you wanna deny it, well then there's medication for that. Huehuehuheuehue.

    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    HAHA, You're defending the puck going through a stick because of the preset build that dman chose ? You're 1,000% a troll. Wow !

    Just telling you how it is. Not how it should be. :)

    Your whole point of view is ridiculous, it physically went through his stick. No matter your class, this never should happen. This isn't even debatable.

    What's the last thing I said in that post? Because clearly you didn't read it all.

    Thank you very much.
  • :D:D Only you could completely speculate on every single dynamic of that play, and then declare it all as fact. :D:D
  • CrushNHL wrote: »
    :D:D Only you could completely speculate on every single dynamic of that play, and then declare it all as fact. :D:D

    That's how the mode is built. If you don't know that, then you haven't been playing this series for long.

    'Build 1 trumps build 2 at this but build 2 trumps build 1 at that.'

    If the passing attoebute doesn't go through people, then what does the playmaker do? Body check? Nope. Snipe? Nope. Play defence? Nope. Carry the puck and control the play down low? Nope. Ability to take hits and stay on his feet and even hold the puck? Nope.

    So Tell me how the playmaker is a build that would be effective?
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Youratv wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    So your saying builds determine or should determine whether another player stops being a physical entity and becomes completely transparent?

    Yes. Exactly that. That's how the mode is built. One build will trump another build at specific scenarios.
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    I will explain it one more time.

    The puck went THROUGH his stick blade. His blade became a ghost.

    This has absolutely nothing to do with a sniper's puck control, a grinder's lack of ability to dangle through players or the power forward's checking abilities.

    That's how passing "through" people works in the game. That's how every build works in this mode.
    If you want to disregard how it works, that's your problem.

    CrushNHL wrote: »
    1) He already said he was a defensive D-man in this clip.

    2) Are we now actually saying that when you choose certain builds, your physical body and all physical things attached to it should cease to exist in the physical realm and only appear as holograms?

    I mean, there must be a line where like.. medically diagnosed mental insanity has to be considered. And this argument may have crossed it.

    Ya but he didn't say what the passer was. He could have been an offensive D man and the lass was a saucer so that's why it wasn't on the ice so it must have been an OD. He just got trumped.

    So when Erik Karlson comes down the ice or Sergei gonchar does, and runs into someone, shouldn't they get destroyed in real life? Yes. But in this mode, no. An offensive D man will not drop a power forward.

    And how do you program the playmakers ability to pass through people? Because that's what the build is suppose to do with it's high passing rating.

    And it's not an argument, it's fact. That's how the mode is built. If you wanna deny it, well then there's medication for that. Huehuehuheuehue.

    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    HAHA, You're defending the puck going through a stick because of the preset build that dman chose ? You're 1,000% a troll. Wow !

    Just telling you how it is. Not how it should be. :)

    Your whole point of view is ridiculous, it physically went through his stick. No matter your class, this never should happen. This isn't even debatable.

    What's the last thing I said in that post? Because clearly you didn't read it all.

    Thank you very much.

    I actually did read it all.

    You wrote 6 paragraphs declaring all the reasons it went through his stick, about having to do with player classes, when it has nothing to do with that, it physically went through him. If it was a dog with skates on with a stick in his mouth it still should stop if it hits the blade of his stick, I'm saying your whole reply is ridiculous, because it's based on something you've made up in your head.

    You say it's how it is, but that's not how the class system is supposed to work. No where did any EA representitive or developer say in a trailer or thread or blog or interview that certain players will be able to physically pass pucks through other players bodies or sticks or skates that have a certain other player class.

    Classes have nothing to do with that clip, its bad coding/physics.

    You're welcome.
  • Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Youratv wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    So your saying builds determine or should determine whether another player stops being a physical entity and becomes completely transparent?

    Yes. Exactly that. That's how the mode is built. One build will trump another build at specific scenarios.
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    I will explain it one more time.

    The puck went THROUGH his stick blade. His blade became a ghost.

    This has absolutely nothing to do with a sniper's puck control, a grinder's lack of ability to dangle through players or the power forward's checking abilities.

    That's how passing "through" people works in the game. That's how every build works in this mode.
    If you want to disregard how it works, that's your problem.

    CrushNHL wrote: »
    1) He already said he was a defensive D-man in this clip.

    2) Are we now actually saying that when you choose certain builds, your physical body and all physical things attached to it should cease to exist in the physical realm and only appear as holograms?

    I mean, there must be a line where like.. medically diagnosed mental insanity has to be considered. And this argument may have crossed it.

    Ya but he didn't say what the passer was. He could have been an offensive D man and the lass was a saucer so that's why it wasn't on the ice so it must have been an OD. He just got trumped.

    So when Erik Karlson comes down the ice or Sergei gonchar does, and runs into someone, shouldn't they get destroyed in real life? Yes. But in this mode, no. An offensive D man will not drop a power forward.

    And how do you program the playmakers ability to pass through people? Because that's what the build is suppose to do with it's high passing rating.

    And it's not an argument, it's fact. That's how the mode is built. If you wanna deny it, well then there's medication for that. Huehuehuheuehue.

    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    HAHA, You're defending the puck going through a stick because of the preset build that dman chose ? You're 1,000% a troll. Wow !

    Just telling you how it is. Not how it should be. :)

    Your whole point of view is ridiculous, it physically went through his stick. No matter your class, this never should happen. This isn't even debatable.

    What's the last thing I said in that post? Because clearly you didn't read it all.

    Thank you very much.

    I actually did read it all.

    You wrote 6 paragraphs declaring all the reasons it went through his stick, about having to do with player classes, when it has nothing to do with that, it physically went through him. If it was a dog with skates on with a stick in his mouth it still should stop if it hits the blade of his stick, I'm saying your whole reply is ridiculous, because it's based on something you've made up in your head.

    You say it's how it is, but that's not how the class system is supposed to work. No where did any EA representitive or developer say in a trailer or thread or blog or interview that certain players will be able to physically pass pucks through other players bodies or sticks or skates that have a certain other player class.

    Classes have nothing to do with that clip, its bad coding/physics.

    You're welcome.

    Obviously you don't understand how this mode works. Objects are not suppose to pass through other objects? Since when did ea give us 100% physics? Ya they didn't. And how do you suppose the playmaker be utilized? Their asset or strength is passing. So how do you balance that or make their strength stand out if no object (the puck), be able to pass through? If every build passes the same, then how do you balance the PLMKR? and OD and PMD who have highest passing?

    It's called game balance, and that's what it does. And you must be new to the series. It's been like that even before the classes. Passes have always gone through players based on a high passing rating.

    What game are you playing, blades of steel?
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Youratv wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    So your saying builds determine or should determine whether another player stops being a physical entity and becomes completely transparent?

    Yes. Exactly that. That's how the mode is built. One build will trump another build at specific scenarios.
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    I will explain it one more time.

    The puck went THROUGH his stick blade. His blade became a ghost.

    This has absolutely nothing to do with a sniper's puck control, a grinder's lack of ability to dangle through players or the power forward's checking abilities.

    That's how passing "through" people works in the game. That's how every build works in this mode.
    If you want to disregard how it works, that's your problem.

    CrushNHL wrote: »
    1) He already said he was a defensive D-man in this clip.

    2) Are we now actually saying that when you choose certain builds, your physical body and all physical things attached to it should cease to exist in the physical realm and only appear as holograms?

    I mean, there must be a line where like.. medically diagnosed mental insanity has to be considered. And this argument may have crossed it.

    Ya but he didn't say what the passer was. He could have been an offensive D man and the lass was a saucer so that's why it wasn't on the ice so it must have been an OD. He just got trumped.

    So when Erik Karlson comes down the ice or Sergei gonchar does, and runs into someone, shouldn't they get destroyed in real life? Yes. But in this mode, no. An offensive D man will not drop a power forward.

    And how do you program the playmakers ability to pass through people? Because that's what the build is suppose to do with it's high passing rating.

    And it's not an argument, it's fact. That's how the mode is built. If you wanna deny it, well then there's medication for that. Huehuehuheuehue.

    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Maybe not picked off but definitely deflected and never should have went to the cherry picker.

    But what build were you using? If you're using puck moving, enforcer or offensive defenseman, then I tend to see this happen quite a bit. But if you're using defensive defenseman or two way, then that should have been broken up.

    EDIT: I also forgot that it also depends on what build thw passer was. If he's using offensive or puck moving D build, and you're using the enforcer, offensive or puck moving, I can see why this happened and it should happen because that's what this mode is about. Choosing the proper build but then using that build in certain situations in different ways compared to other builds.

    Have to disagree about the player build selection that decided that outcome. Look at the replay. The puck goes straight through his stick blade. 0 excuses that are logical other than poor programming or collision detection. His stick all of a sudden become a ghost.

    Inexcusable.

    In eashl, player build decides every outcome. That's the game within the game and that's the whole reasoning behind the preset builds.

    If you want to pass through players, you need to have the playmaker and it makes it that much easier when you pass through an enforcer D player. Just like an offensive D player can't hit a power forward, or a grinder can't pass through other players, or a sniper can't have high puck control.

    All outcomes are based on the preset builds and how they trump one another in specific scenarios based on both sides of builds.

    So what are you talking about when you say you disagree? That's how the mode is built.

    HAHA, You're defending the puck going through a stick because of the preset build that dman chose ? You're 1,000% a troll. Wow !

    Just telling you how it is. Not how it should be. :)

    Your whole point of view is ridiculous, it physically went through his stick. No matter your class, this never should happen. This isn't even debatable.

    What's the last thing I said in that post? Because clearly you didn't read it all.

    Thank you very much.

    I actually did read it all.

    You wrote 6 paragraphs declaring all the reasons it went through his stick, about having to do with player classes, when it has nothing to do with that, it physically went through him. If it was a dog with skates on with a stick in his mouth it still should stop if it hits the blade of his stick, I'm saying your whole reply is ridiculous, because it's based on something you've made up in your head.

    You say it's how it is, but that's not how the class system is supposed to work. No where did any EA representitive or developer say in a trailer or thread or blog or interview that certain players will be able to physically pass pucks through other players bodies or sticks or skates that have a certain other player class.

    Classes have nothing to do with that clip, its bad coding/physics.

    You're welcome.

    Obviously you don't understand how this mode works. Objects are not suppose to pass through other objects? Since when did ea give us 100% physics? Ya they didn't. And how do you suppose the playmaker be utilized? Their asset or strength is passing. So how do you balance that or make their strength stand out if no object (the puck), be able to pass through? If every build passes the same, then how do you balance the PLMKR? and OD and PMD who have highest passing?

    It's called game balance, and that's what it does. And you must be new to the series. It's been like that even before the classes. Passes have always gone through players based on a high passing rating.

    What game are you playing, blades of steel?

    I didn't say objects don't pass through others I said it isn't part of the class system you dolt. Especially something like a pass going right through the blade of a stick while the person is waiting to intercept that exact pass and is in perfect position.

    As far as your play maker example goes, they don't make better passing by making pucks go through solid objects like sticks, they auto saucer pass and make it so the defender doesn't intercept the pass and they have higher pass assist than others.

    And sure they don't have 100% physics, but pucks and blades of sticks?... come on. I'm not new to the series and I have seen pucks pass through sticks before, but it's not part of the class system, it's bad coding/physics.

    Any more made up theories you'd like to share?
  • ColonScoper
    157 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    I could have sworn the passing attribute played more of a part in how easily the person you're passing to could receive a pass, and generating auto-saucer passes and didn't have a whole lot to do with someone being unable to grab a puck that goes through a stick to artificially make that build a better passer, but I could be wrong. I mean I know that it gives them a higher chance of getting through traffic, but that doesn't necessarily mean EA is perfectly ok with a puck going through a stick and they programmed that in on purpose.
  • The entire game is about controlling the puck. Why have all the different builds when you can pick one that takes that away from others when you don't even have it? There is no meta for bull ****. The game is broken, it's not adapt and overcome or git gud scrub, that **** is busted bro.
  • RedBull1973JL
    741 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    eric57664 wrote: »
    CrushNHL wrote: »
    :D:D Only you could completely speculate on every single dynamic of that play, and then declare it all as fact. :D:D

    That's how the mode is built. If you don't know that, then you haven't been playing this series for long.

    'Build 1 trumps build 2 at this but build 2 trumps build 1 at that.'

    If the passing attoebute doesn't go through people, then what does the playmaker do? Body check? Nope. Snipe? Nope. Play defence? Nope. Carry the puck and control the play down low? Nope. Ability to take hits and stay on his feet and even hold the puck? Nope.

    So Tell me how the playmaker is a build that would be effective?

    My thought on your example is this. The Playmaker build could/should be able to not only pass with pinpoint accuracy and a higher speed, but the player should also be able to release the pass quicker and under more "stressful" situations without fail (while being bodied, not facing the receiver, while skating full speed, etc.) His pass will also be able to be handled by the receiver MUCH better than if an Enforcer was the one making the pass.

    It should NEVER be about pucks physically passing through solid objects. That is the wrong way to give an advantage to one player class. There are other "more realistic" ways to achieve that.
  • There simply is no defending that video, the puck should not go through his stick or deflect right to the offensive player.
  • There simply is no defending that video, the puck should not go through his stick or deflect right to the offensive player.

    Exactly.
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    Obviously you don't understand how this mode works. Objects are not suppose to pass through other objects? Since when did ea give us 100% physics? Ya they didn't. And how do you suppose the playmaker be utilized? Their asset or strength is passing. So how do you balance that or make their strength stand out if no object (the puck), be able to pass through? If every build passes the same, then how do you balance the PLMKR? and OD and PMD who have highest passing?

    Passes have always gone through players based on a high passing rating.

    In the real world, pucks do not pass through sticks, but guys whose strength is passing are still able to stand out. There's no reason it has to be any different in the game. Playmakers' passes are more accurate, more likely to be auto-saucered, more likely to be aimed around players' sticks rather than at them (the game has myriad ways to choose how a pass is released to make this happen). These are all ways in which playmaker passes stand out from passes from other builds. There's no reason that playmakers' passes have to go through players' sticks. And in fact the devs have never said that they do.

    Here's what Ben said about auto-saucering and high-attribute passing last year: "When a great player makes a pass in the real world, they are making little adjustments with their stick before release (drag of an extra inch or two, etc.) to help get pucks through traffic (i.e. a close defenders legs). In the game, due to the fidelity you are able to achieve with your right stick, a lot of that just comes from the twitch side of the game when you try to make a pass and that evens out the ability to get a pass through for all players regardless of their pass attribute (before error is applied I mean -- just the original intended angle/direction). Auto saucer on the other hand allows us to give players with higher attributes a little bit of something to make the pass harder to pick off and/or to avoid sticks in lanes a little bit more, so it is a decent mechanic for expanding that range in player attribute skill."

    Ben said about the impact of attributes on defense last year: "The same goes for defense. We have made positioning matter much more now so most players standing in a lane will be able to deflect pucks, but those with better attributes will be able to pick them off more cleanly or possibly get sticks on pucks when they aren't in as much control or are at worse angles."

    He doesn't say that playmakers' passes are able to go through sticks. He says they're better able to avoid sticks.

    And I don't know why you're framing this in terms of EASHL alone. It happens in 1v1 modes as well, and it does so even when the defender's stick-checking rating is much higher than the passer's rating.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.