EA Forums - Banner

Why does EA close discussion for legitimate posts?

I don't want to say too much because I'm afraid this one will get closed too.....but yeah, what's the point of a forum if we can't have honest discussion? Whether it be praise or hate?

Replies

• Once posts degrade down to personal attacks they close threads, I've had quite a few posts deleted on me so far but they all had personell attacks in them, so I'm not mad about it, it helps the site stay civil.
  • That's not true they've closed other threads and said "this thread isn't going anywhere anymore" well if people are posting in it then let them post. If there's nothing to talk about in the thread then it'll fall to the last page on its own. There's obviously another reason why it was locked and I think it may have had something to do with people saying that when battlefield comes out that they won't care too much about NHL.
  • There's a lot a rules in the tos ya gotta read, a lot of those threads shoulda been closed. Go visit battlelog, they're so used to closing them cause people can't follow the rules they wrote they even leave funny remarks as to why it was closed which is my favorite part to read. Those guys are funny. Obvious derail, non constructive thread is obvious.
  • We can have a dialogue about all the problems that plague the game and it can still be within the rules.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Just trying to keep things clean around here. I close them rather than deleting because there is usually some really good feedback and decent dialogue which can be very useful.

But like mentioned above, often times discussions divulge in to personal attacks, name calling and other childish **** that we don't really want to see around here.

Literally just closed a thread about people saying EA does not care and does not post on the forums anymore post-launch. Didn't see more name calling or "childish ****" (which is ironic you get censored for something you're trying to prevent) than any other thread.
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Just trying to keep things clean around here. I close them rather than deleting because there is usually some really good feedback and decent dialogue which can be very useful.

But like mentioned above, often times discussions divulge in to personal attacks, name calling and other childish **** that we don't really want to see around here.

Why was my thread closed? Just trying to talk with other clubs...
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.