EA Forums - Banner

New Account

Prev13456789
NHLDev
1669 posts EA NHL Developer
Hey Everyone -

There is no way that I will be able to jump into all the threads today and respond to everything but I wanted everyone to know that despite not having a new account since the new forums went active until today, we have been reading and listening to everything that everyone has had to say -- Not only on these forums but all forms of social media, other sports gaming sites, reddit, twitter, facebook, you name it.

On top of that, there are people that send summaries of the most pressing and talked about issues from the most active channels so there isn't too much that slips by and we have continued to have an ongoing chat with the Gamechangers group on a daily basis.

That said, I completely understand that you don't want to assume something is read and also want the opportunity for back and forth discussion. Believe me, I have wanted to get a new account going since these forums went live as the timing around the forums going down was not ideal at all when we had decent communication going back and forth heading into launch and had a lot to say about the new game, what we saw from the Beta and all of the work we were able to get onto disc and into the first patch that was available for Day 0.

As you have seen, our latest patch went up today and along with a few other big fixes, it fixed the stick lift issue that was introduced in the Day 0 patch. Believe it or not, it was a knock on to trying to fix an issue seen during the Beta regarding high sticking penalties. We looked to see if we could fix it through a tuner in the meantime but it unfortunately needed code.

To be able to get the fixes in this update out, we had to prioritize them above everything else to even get them to you this soon. I know you would have liked to see them fixed sooner but that is just an example of the time it takes and why the list isn't bigger this time around.

That said, these aren't the only issues we have been tracking or looking at. We are also looking at a new tuner and potential content updates for the future but can't confirm anything at this point.

For the tuner, we are tracking issues such as goalie precision movement speed, a puck carriers ability to react quickly to reacquire a puck lost to a pokecheck or incidental contact, goalie rebound control, deflections and a few other things. There are some other issues that have been brought up by the community that require code but you can be sure that there has at least been investigation of the top issues that have been called out across all modes.

As before, we can't confirm anything as being fixed or that it will be a part of the game until it is but we will be transparent when we can be. In other cases, continue to work through the gamechangers if you don't feel like your voice is being heard directly and continue to post on these forums and other social channels knowing that we do read everything and take all of the feedback very seriously.


Thanks.

- Ben

Replies

  • brettbarrett0987
    85 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    If you are the real Ben, take a took at these:

    http://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/80666/nhl-17-human-goalie-feedback-thread/p1

    http://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/83214/bad-goalie-save-animations#latest

    http://forums.ea.com/en/discussion/81927/its-too-much-ea-too-much/p1





    Also, release that tuner now....I'm sure it doesn't take much work since all you have to do is adjust the sliders for tuner updates. That said, I doubt a tuner update alone will fix all the human goalie issues brought up since it has to do with how the goalie is coded into game. Wish you guys build goalies from scratch when you moved to the new gen consoles instead of just using the old mechanics.
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Timing on the forums going down was extremely suspicious in my opinion.

    Here's my two cents if you are actually Ben.

    Now that the stick lift is fixed I'm pretty happy with the game for the most part.

    A few things off the top of my head that I think should be fixed in the next update are:

    1. Goalie skill - There are way way wayyy too many garbage goals, goaltending is terrible this year, they need a buff.

    2. Deflections - They are much too effective and take zero skill to use. Today in a drop in, in the last 20 seconds of the game the other team shot from the point and a forward was skating towards our net, about 6 or 7 feet away with his back to the shooter and he tips it perfectly 5 hole... there was no way he could of seen that puck coming.

    Then it went to overtime and the same thing again, shot from the point that was going about a foot wide to the left of the net, a forward came skating full speed from the left circle to the hashmarks and tips it with the shaft of his stick off the right post and in.

    You should have to be facing the shooter with vision control held, being basically stationary to be able to tip well. Tips never even miss the net in this game.

    3. Hitting bubble - Hitting felt great in the BETA but now it feels like people can toe drag and turn to make checks bounce off again. Even a slight turn away can make hits not register.

    That's all that really comes to mind right now but those are things that would definitely help make the game more enjoyable in my opinion.
    Post edited by The_B_0_G on
  • Another thing that needs work.The shoot out.In my Be a Pro career the first few games went to a shoot out and its painful to watch the AI's pathetic shoot out attempts over and over.Just like in NHL 16 shootouts take waaay to long.Often players dont even get a shot off they just skate into the goalie.Its sad.Even high end skill guys look awful and it almost always goes to 7,8 sometimes 10 or more rounds which is far to much.
  • Youratv
    260 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Thanks for coming on. Lynch's number three, the hitting "bubble" is my top concern. Also you mention the puck carrier's posession ability which is another big problem as it makes whoever has it seemingly and infinitely better than all surrounding players. Also to lynch they revamped a lot of the ea forums for all different games at the same time.
  • NHLDev
    1669 posts EA NHL Developer
    If you are the real Ben, take a took at these:

    http://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/80666/nhl-17-human-goalie-feedback-thread/p1

    http://forums.ea.com/en/nhl/discussion/83214/bad-goalie-save-animations#latest

    http://forums.ea.com/en/discussion/81927/its-too-much-ea-too-much/p1





    Also, release that tuner now....I'm sure it doesn't take much work since all you have to do is adjust the sliders for tuner updates. That said, I doubt a tuner update alone will fix all the human goalie issues brought up since it has to do with how the goalie is coded into game. Wish you guys build goalies from scratch when you moved to the new gen consoles instead of just using the old mechanics.

    Thanks. We have been tracking all of these threads and work very closely with jonlol as he is part of our Gamechangers program representing goalies.

    Tuners isn't as easy as you may think but it the putting up the changes are a much easier process than a patch and code changes for sure.

    The current tuning of the game is the way it is for a reason and is a result of a year of tuning/balancing, seeing how Players play and looking at telemetry. So although there are things we know we would like to improve, the current tuning is also what leads to some of the good things we are seeing -- that is why we want to test in all scenarios when we make a change and ensure we are moving forward and not sideways.
  • NHLDev
    1669 posts EA NHL Developer
    Another thing that needs work.The shoot out.In my Be a Pro career the first few games went to a shoot out and its painful to watch the AI's pathetic shoot out attempts over and over.Just like in NHL 16 shootouts take waaay to long.Often players dont even get a shot off they just skate into the goalie.Its sad.Even high end skill guys look awful and it almost always goes to 7,8 sometimes 10 or more rounds which is far to much.

    Agreed.
  • NHLDev
    1669 posts EA NHL Developer
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Timing on the forums going down was extremely suspicious in my opinion.

    Here's my two cents if you are actually Ben.

    Now that the stick lift is fixed I'm pretty happy with the game for the most part.

    A few things off the top of my head that I think should be fixed in the next update are:

    1. Goalie skill - There are way way wayyy too many garbage goals, goaltending is terrible this year, they need a buff.

    2. Deflections - They are much too effective and take zero skill to use. Today in a drop in, in the last 20 seconds of the game the other team shot from the point and a forward was skating towards our net, about 6 or 7 feet away with his back to the shooter and he tips it perfectly 5 hole... there was no way he could of seen that puck coming.

    Then it went to overtime and the same thing again, shot from the point that was going about a foot wide to the left of the net, a forward came skating full speed from the left circle to the hashmarks and tips it with the shaft of his stick off the right post and in.

    You should have to be facing the shooter with vision control held, being basically stationary to be able to tip well. Tips never even miss the net in this game.

    3. Hitting bubble - Hitting felt great in the BETA but now it feels like people can toe drag and turn to make checks bounce off again. Even a slight turn away can make hits not register.

    That's all that really comes to mind right now but those are things that would definitely help make the game more enjoyable in my opinion.

    I would hope this would still be your two cents if I wasn't the actual Ben.

    Thanks for the feedback. We are always looking at goalies but the tuning around them currently considers all of their capabilities and goal scoring balance is actually in a decent spot when you look at telemetry and goal scoring over multiple games. It really depends on the defense in front of them and although there are some weak goals from time to time, the teams with the better chances are having much more success. I also like the fact that we are in a place now that if the puck goes in the net, it is a goal and that we have made the goalie more accountable for owning the paint and covering pucks that he feels are dangerous rather than letting teammates carry the puck through him and into the goal as if it didn't happen like in past games. With that though comes a few growing pains and we need to continue to improve control around the goal mouth. The positives far outweigh the negatives though in terms of more black and white conditions.

    For the tuner, we are looking at the success by player rating on deflections and how much speed is taken off the puck the more it changes direction, etc. as there are definitely cases that aren't as intended. That said, we did look at deflections this year from before the launch of the Beta and wanted to reward team play where players were able to get in front. We didn't tune deflections at all after the Beta because we had made a chance to allow the goalies to react quicker to redirected pucks as long as they could see it and had the time (again by player ratings) and wanted to see that impact first instead of tuning them down in two places at the same time.

    The hitting bubble is interesting as there weren't any changes from the Beta other than to improve the calculation for how the puck comes lose when you are hit away from the puck. The balance/physics side is the same. As you play better players over time though and as people get more in tune with the game, you will come across more and more players that know how to maximize their success protecting the puck and keeping the relative speed and solid contact of collisions against them down.
  • The_B_0_G
    593 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    NHLDev wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Timing on the forums going down was extremely suspicious in my opinion.

    Here's my two cents if you are actually Ben.

    Now that the stick lift is fixed I'm pretty happy with the game for the most part.

    A few things off the top of my head that I think should be fixed in the next update are:

    1. Goalie skill - There are way way wayyy too many garbage goals, goaltending is terrible this year, they need a buff.

    2. Deflections - They are much too effective and take zero skill to use. Today in a drop in, in the last 20 seconds of the game the other team shot from the point and a forward was skating towards our net, about 6 or 7 feet away with his back to the shooter and he tips it perfectly 5 hole... there was no way he could of seen that puck coming.

    Then it went to overtime and the same thing again, shot from the point that was going about a foot wide to the left of the net, a forward came skating full speed from the left circle to the hashmarks and tips it with the shaft of his stick off the right post and in.

    You should have to be facing the shooter with vision control held, being basically stationary to be able to tip well. Tips never even miss the net in this game.

    3. Hitting bubble - Hitting felt great in the BETA but now it feels like people can toe drag and turn to make checks bounce off again. Even a slight turn away can make hits not register.

    That's all that really comes to mind right now but those are things that would definitely help make the game more enjoyable in my opinion.

    I would hope this would still be your two cents if I wasn't the actual Ben.

    Thanks for the feedback. We are always looking at goalies but the tuning around them currently considers all of their capabilities and goal scoring balance is actually in a decent spot when you look at telemetry and goal scoring over multiple games. It really depends on the defense in front of them and although there are some weak goals from time to time, the teams with the better chances are having much more success. I also like the fact that we are in a place now that if the puck goes in the net, it is a goal and that we have made the goalie more accountable for owning the paint and covering pucks that he feels are dangerous rather than letting teammates carry the puck through him and into the goal as if it didn't happen like in past games. With that though comes a few growing pains and we need to continue to improve control around the goal mouth. The positives far outweigh the negatives though in terms of more black and white conditions.

    For the tuner, we are looking at the success by player rating on deflections and how much speed is taken off the puck the more it changes direction, etc. as there are definitely cases that aren't as intended. That said, we did look at deflections this year from before the launch of the Beta and wanted to reward team play where players were able to get in front. We didn't tune deflections at all after the Beta because we had made a chance to allow the goalies to react quicker to redirected pucks as long as they could see it and had the time (again by player ratings) and wanted to see that impact first instead of tuning them down in two places at the same time.

    The hitting bubble is interesting as there weren't any changes from the Beta other than to improve the calculation for how the puck comes lose when you are hit away from the puck. The balance/physics side is the same. As you play better players over time though and as people get more in tune with the game, you will come across more and more players that know how to maximize their success protecting the puck and keeping the relative speed and solid contact of collisions against them down.

    Alright, I understand about the goalies and how its not easy to get a good balance, it just feels like they could be a little better on unscreened 1 on 1 wrist shots, I can't count how many times my team has had possession in the offensive zone for a full minute or 2 with lots good scoring opportunities just to have them break out, get 2 feet over the blue line and take a wrist shot that goes in.

    For deflections, I'm not against them, it's good to be able to do it, it's another strategy to score if you're being shut down in the offensive zone; but like I said it's too often that people make entirely unrealistic tips while not even facing the direction of the shooter. Is there a way it can be tweaked so you have to at least be facing the shooter to get a reliable tip?

    As for the hitting bubble I thought this might be the case, people get better at exploiting the skating with the puck as time goes on. Shouldn't twisting your body by dragging the puck behind you while turning give you less balance though?
    I don't have a terribly hard time hitting most people but sometimes you get up against cycling teams that can all do this type of evading by rolling hits off them, maybe for high checking stat classes like DFD and EFD low speed hits could get a small bump to power.
  • NHLDev
    1669 posts EA NHL Developer
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »

    Alright, I understand about the goalies and how its not easy to get a good balance, it just feels like they could be a little better on unscreened 1 on 1 wrist shots, I can't count how many times my team has had possession in the offensive zone for a full minute or 2 with lots good scoring opportunities just to have them break out, get 2 feet over the blue line and take a wrist shot that goes in.

    For deflections, I'm not against them, it's good to be able to do it, it's another strategy to score if you're being shut down in the offensive zone; but like I said it's too often that people make entirely unrealistic tips while not even facing the direction of the shooter. Is there a way it can be tweaked so you have to at least be facing the shooter to get a reliable tip?

    As for the hitting bubble I thought this might be the case, people get better at exploiting the skating with the puck as time goes on. Shouldn't twisting your body by dragging the puck behind you while turning give you less balance though?
    I don't have a terribly hard time hitting most people but sometimes you get up against cycling teams that can all do this type of evading by rolling hits off them, maybe for high checking stat classes like DFD and EFD low speed hits could get a small bump to power.

    Yes, I do agree to a certain point but that is what I mean about how the current tuning also does a lot of the good things we are seeing. For example, being alone in the slot with more net to shoot at is a good chance to score due to how the goalie has to be more reactive. If he isn't able to get big and just take away a bad angle to the net and has to see the puck and react to make a glove or blocker save, you are going to have a higher chance to score with a good shot to the perimeter of the net. We may be able to tune his reaction time to limit some of the weaker chances off the rush but we need to make sure he doesn't feel too good when you do get those great chances in the mid slot as a result. It all comes down to frames of reaction time. A lot of this was tuned around being able to walk in on a breakaway and snap a quick shot just above the pad or up over the blocker or glove as he drops to butterfly on the release. In other scenarios, where you make a quick pass to the slot before shooting, the goalie having to move first and not getting set also has an impact on his ability to save on top of that reaction time. Then add in factors like screens, deflections, etc. but the base mechanic that we were able to introduce with the introduction of the blocking saves was more to do with his confidence in his current angle to the puck and how much net you have to shoot at and how he can just get big and take away your best chance or how much he has to react to the puck after release when it could go anywhere at times when there is more net to shoot at.

    That is why we also make you accountable on the shooting side ensuring you have less accuracy if you shoot before settling (after skating/deking/making a move, etc.) or if you shoot at a less than ideal angle where you don't get good leverage. The better a players attributes the more forgiving some of those things become but that is why it is on the defense to not give the time and space to settle. Again, I know there are some cases where we say 'Ugh, the goalie should have had that' but there are multiple factors that may be in play there.

    For the deking, it is a good point about the balance and something we brought up. The player certainly has less balance when deking, passing, shooting, etc. but when they have the puck rolled back on their forehand, right now that is still pretty much a glide state and doesn't lower your balance/preparedness as much as an actual deke move or being in the act of something like passing does. Definitely something to continue to look further at.

  • NHLDev wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »

    Alright, I understand about the goalies and how its not easy to get a good balance, it just feels like they could be a little better on unscreened 1 on 1 wrist shots, I can't count how many times my team has had possession in the offensive zone for a full minute or 2 with lots good scoring opportunities just to have them break out, get 2 feet over the blue line and take a wrist shot that goes in.

    For deflections, I'm not against them, it's good to be able to do it, it's another strategy to score if you're being shut down in the offensive zone; but like I said it's too often that people make entirely unrealistic tips while not even facing the direction of the shooter. Is there a way it can be tweaked so you have to at least be facing the shooter to get a reliable tip?

    As for the hitting bubble I thought this might be the case, people get better at exploiting the skating with the puck as time goes on. Shouldn't twisting your body by dragging the puck behind you while turning give you less balance though?
    I don't have a terribly hard time hitting most people but sometimes you get up against cycling teams that can all do this type of evading by rolling hits off them, maybe for high checking stat classes like DFD and EFD low speed hits could get a small bump to power.

    Yes, I do agree to a certain point but that is what I mean about how the current tuning also does a lot of the good things we are seeing. For example, being alone in the slot with more net to shoot at is a good chance to score due to how the goalie has to be more reactive. If he isn't able to get big and just take away a bad angle to the net and has to see the puck and react to make a glove or blocker save, you are going to have a higher chance to score with a good shot to the perimeter of the net. We may be able to tune his reaction time to limit some of the weaker chances off the rush but we need to make sure he doesn't feel too good when you do get those great chances in the mid slot as a result. It all comes down to frames of reaction time. A lot of this was tuned around being able to walk in on a breakaway and snap a quick shot just above the pad or up over the blocker or glove as he drops to butterfly on the release. In other scenarios, where you make a quick pass to the slot before shooting, the goalie having to move first and not getting set also has an impact on his ability to save on top of that reaction time. Then add in factors like screens, deflections, etc. but the base mechanic that we were able to introduce with the introduction of the blocking saves was more to do with his confidence in his current angle to the puck and how much net you have to shoot at and how he can just get big and take away your best chance or how much he has to react to the puck after release when it could go anywhere at times when there is more net to shoot at.

    That is why we also make you accountable on the shooting side ensuring you have less accuracy if you shoot before settling (after skating/deking/making a move, etc.) or if you shoot at a less than ideal angle where you don't get good leverage. The better a players attributes the more forgiving some of those things become but that is why it is on the defense to not give the time and space to settle. Again, I know there are some cases where we say 'Ugh, the goalie should have had that' but there are multiple factors that may be in play there.

    For the deking, it is a good point about the balance and something we brought up. The player certainly has less balance when deking, passing, shooting, etc. but when they have the puck rolled back on their forehand, right now that is still pretty much a glide state and doesn't lower your balance/preparedness as much as an actual deke move or being in the act of something like passing does. Definitely something to continue to look further at.

    Alright, thanks for clearing that up, as far as the shots I was talking about being weak though, just to clarify, I meant unscreened just after crossing the blue line, I know high slot shots can be sniped from there with a well aimed shots, I just meant the rushed flub shots from the point as soon as they enter the zone.
  • NHLDev
    1669 posts EA NHL Developer
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »

    Alright, thanks for clearing that up, as far as the shots I was talking about being weak though, just to clarify, I meant unscreened just after crossing the blue line, I know high slot shots can be sniped from there with a well aimed shots, I just meant the rushed flub shots from the point as soon as they enter the zone.

    Yep, that was clear. I was just mentioning those other pieces to say that there are multiple factors that go into trying to replicate a goalies realistic response/awareness and that a tweak in one area can impact another. We are always looking at ways to continue to improve them.
  • eric57664
    240 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    You guys are being trolled hard. This isn't Ben. In fact, if it was, why would he create a regular account? It's labeled as "member".

    And second, he would never sign his name at the end of the post. Ea shares the account so they answer whom ever is online.

    A mod would have to confirm if this is true but I highly doubt it based on both things I just said.

    #NotFallingForIt
  • Meh, either way it's constructive. Still gets the point across.
  • Real or not, that shortside and even farside cheese wrister goes in way to much again imo. It's ridiculous how much it goes in from the point. Slot I don't mind so much.

  • So you're both ok with talking to a make belief? Come over to my house, I got a bridge for sale.
  • What I'm saying is even if it isn't the dev, the discussion is still constructive and logical. How is that different than any other thread in here, the only troll in here is you eric, like usual.
  • Can a moderator please confirm this is the real Ben or not. This all seems a little too fishy.

    Jtric
  • brettbarrett0987
    85 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    NHLDev wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    Timing on the forums going down was extremely suspicious in my opinion.

    Here's my two cents if you are actually Ben.

    Now that the stick lift is fixed I'm pretty happy with the game for the most part.

    A few things off the top of my head that I think should be fixed in the next update are:

    1. Goalie skill - There are way way wayyy too many garbage goals, goaltending is terrible this year, they need a buff.

    2. Deflections - They are much too effective and take zero skill to use. Today in a drop in, in the last 20 seconds of the game the other team shot from the point and a forward was skating towards our net, about 6 or 7 feet away with his back to the shooter and he tips it perfectly 5 hole... there was no way he could of seen that puck coming.

    Then it went to overtime and the same thing again, shot from the point that was going about a foot wide to the left of the net, a forward came skating full speed from the left circle to the hashmarks and tips it with the shaft of his stick off the right post and in.

    You should have to be facing the shooter with vision control held, being basically stationary to be able to tip well. Tips never even miss the net in this game.

    3. Hitting bubble - Hitting felt great in the BETA but now it feels like people can toe drag and turn to make checks bounce off again. Even a slight turn away can make hits not register.

    That's all that really comes to mind right now but those are things that would definitely help make the game more enjoyable in my opinion.

    I would hope this would still be your two cents if I wasn't the actual Ben.

    Thanks for the feedback. We are always looking at goalies but the tuning around them currently considers all of their capabilities and goal scoring balance is actually in a decent spot when you look at telemetry and goal scoring over multiple games. It really depends on the defense in front of them and although there are some weak goals from time to time, the teams with the better chances are having much more success. I also like the fact that we are in a place now that if the puck goes in the net, it is a goal and that we have made the goalie more accountable for owning the paint and covering pucks that he feels are dangerous rather than letting teammates carry the puck through him and into the goal as if it didn't happen like in past games. With that though comes a few growing pains and we need to continue to improve control around the goal mouth. The positives far outweigh the negatives though in terms of more black and white conditions.

    For the tuner, we are looking at the success by player rating on deflections and how much speed is taken off the puck the more it changes direction, etc. as there are definitely cases that aren't as intended. That said, we did look at deflections this year from before the launch of the Beta and wanted to reward team play where players were able to get in front. We didn't tune deflections at all after the Beta because we had made a chance to allow the goalies to react quicker to redirected pucks as long as they could see it and had the time (again by player ratings) and wanted to see that impact first instead of tuning them down in two places at the same time.

    The hitting bubble is interesting as there weren't any changes from the Beta other than to improve the calculation for how the puck comes lose when you are hit away from the puck. The balance/physics side is the same. As you play better players over time though and as people get more in tune with the game, you will come across more and more players that know how to maximize their success protecting the puck and keeping the relative speed and solid contact of collisions against them down.

    Talk about an understatement. Just let whoever is charge of goalie coding to play 10 drop in games or just 10 games as goalie and come back and tell us weak goals only happen time to time. It happens multiple times EVERY game.

    You also mention goalies responsibility to cover the puck.....ya true, but have you tried doing that with the hungry hungry hippo animations in the game while being bulldozed out your crease with no goalie interference called? Just go through those goalie feedback threads and ppl even posted multiple evidence showing how bad the puck cover mechanics.

    All in all your saying that total goal scoring is at where you guys want it to be...so pretty much high scoring goalfest each game where forwards are average 5 points per game. Just look at the goalie leader board for clubs and drop ins and compare the top 20 SV % with this year and the past 3-4 years and you will notice a trend...its been going down steadily....there is a reason for that, but its all good its where you guys want this game to head in.

  • NHLDev
    1669 posts EA NHL Developer

    Talk about an understatement. Just let however is charge of goalie to play 10 drop in games or just 10 games as goalie and come back and tell us weak goals only happen time to time. It happens multiple times EVERY game.

    You also mention goalies responsibilty to cover the puck.....ya true, but have you tried doing that with the hungry hungry hippo animations in the game? Just go through those goalie feedback threads and ppl even posted multiple evidence showing how bad the puck cover mechanics.

    All in all your saying that total goal scoring is at what you want...so pretty much high scoring goalfest each game where forwards are average 3 goals per game. Just look at the goalie leader board for clubs and drop ins and compare the top 20 SV % with this year and the past 3-4 years and you will notice a trend...its been going down steadily....there is a reason for that, but its all good its where you guys want this game to head in.

    To be honest, in this case, I was referring to ai goalies. For some reason I saw your thread as User goalies and Lynch's thread as AI because he mentioned goalie skill. For User goalies, we don't control the skill, we control the mechanics so that is why I took it that way.

    We want to continue and improve the mechanics for User goalies so that they can have success. We don't however want to do that in an artificial way and just decrease their save error or else that just leads to more goal line goalies and takes User skill out of it. We will continue to track the issues and see where we can make improvements going forward. They were one of the main areas of attention in our first patch and got a lot of fixes/updates. The accountability of that position will always amplify areas where Players want/need more control/fidelity in controls.



  • Ok, now I think you really are a troll. lol. Well played :)
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!