EA Forums - Banner

Nobody plays anything except for EASHL

Not sure if it's just me, but I can't seem to find a single opponent on HUT or even Shootouts. EASHL i find games no problem...I'm not overly frustrated by this, considering how much I love EASHL, but I would like to know if there is something up with my connection, or just nobody plays anything but EASHL....My connection is fantastic btw, so i'm pretty stumped here. Anybody else have the same issues?

Replies

• It's the only mode that's any good in my opinion.
  • HUT and versus are a comical figureskating and glitching fest with the worst AI teammates ive ever seen in a game so these are the reasons nobody plays it. EASHL is the only mode which can sometimes be fun.
  • Losoun wrote: »
    HUT and versus are a comical figureskating and glitching fest with the worst AI teammates ive ever seen in a game so these are the reasons nobody plays it. EASHL is the only mode which can sometimes be fun.

Yeah, I don't even like playing eashl with less than 3 players because of the AI, I started playing HUT this year and it was infuriating, never got close to that mad even when getting blown out in Club.
  • HUT is trash, same for FUT, I basically stick to pro clubs if I want to play online.
  • All I did was play EASHL in the beta. When the game launched I didn't have time to play club with the guys so I started playing HUT. Played a couple horrendous games and whether it was lag, dbaggery ... I'd rather play drop in than deal with that.
  • B_Bunny
    893 posts Moderator
    EASHL only for me. 6s too actually.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • HUT is such a chore. Unresponsive, slow, random and glitchy. Too bad. EASHL is pretty fun, though.

Also, is it me or is gameplay (HUT) getting worse? Almost like playing NHL 16 all over again...
  • bryta47 wrote: »
    Also, is it me or is gameplay (HUT) getting worse? Almost like playing NHL 16 all over again...
    HUT plays like a poop sandwich even when you have a good connection.
  • EASHL 6s is all skill vs all skill. No CPU to help you out. It's hands down the best way to play the game.
  • EASHL 6s is all skill vs all skill. No CPU to help you out. It's hands down the best way to play the game.

I've always hated the people saying 6s is the way to go because they acted superior ... after playing offline, VS, HUT ... there's no doubt 5v5/6s is the way to go this year.

I've always hated the people saying 6s is the way to go because they acted superior ... after playing offline, VS, HUT ... there's no doubt 5v5/6s is the way to go this year.

I'm not trying to act superior by saying but I am glad you agree. :)

Aside from all human players with real human tendencies, there is one huge reason why Iike 6s better than 1v1 games, and that is that you can play the dump and chase game as if it's real hockey. CPUs are too fast and make a beeline to the puck when dumped - with humans and their human reaction time, it makes it a more viable strategy.

I also really just like the feeling of a full team game. Talking to your teammates and celebrating goals together. Just more fun to me - always has been.
    Apologies, wasn't directed at you. Specific old formers used to act like 6s > all. I hated that. I also hated every other mode > HUT. I've always despised users hating other users because they prefered something else. I hate calling out other users based on modes played.

Just from experience, I've had the most fun playing 6s this year.
  • No need for apologies. I know what you meant.

I will never be the one to come in to these forums and **** on HUT, Online Vs, etc. anyway. If people wanna play it they wanna play it. I don't have interest personally.
  • I also don't hate on the game constantly so I feel like I'm a positive side to this forum even though I don't post a ton. :)
  • megadeth_600
    1437 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Way too much d-baggery in HUT. Starting to look like people have had enough of the win-at-all-costs mentality. Those who sink hundreds into it are clearly demented to spend this much on that amount of poop the mode brings. Even sadder that it lasts only 1 year too lol. Unreal.

Taste-D-Rainbow said it best: It is a poop sandwich.
  • I wish it were true that nobody played anything but EASHL. Imagine how great this mode can become if that were the case!
    To me, just as that poster above said, this mode is the only mode that allows you to feel as if you are actually playing a real hockey game. 6's anyway.
    I can't go back to anything else.
    It's crack. It really is.
  • To go even further on this.
    I would gladly pay to have just a dedicated EASHL stand alone game!
  • D19Box
    109 posts Member
    I love Franchise (sim only, basically when the club mates aren't around) and EASHL. I always thought DraftKings should invest in a standalone EASHL downloadable type game. Download it, create your guy, form or join a team and play. No NHL licensing, no other modes, just online EASHL style and have a ticker to show real NHL news and scores. "DraftKings Hockey (DKHL)".
    Visit my NHL/Bruins blog: BostonPucks.com
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Apologies, wasn't directed at you. Specific old formers used to act like 6s > all. I hated that. I also hated every other mode > HUT. I've always despised users hating other users because they prefered something else. I hate calling out other users based on modes played.

Combine the 2 and that mode would more then likely rule both.
    Club based hut- Where each team member can either bring the skaters they want to use.

Or they have seperate packs for Eashutl and work together as a club to buy packs with coins or $.

6-20 players with line changes. and a backup goalie who is another user...:lol: can also pick who he wants to use if there is an empty net. Auto que to the position you want to play. Individual rewards for a drop in style.
    Let us tap out sticks against the boards for a good fight :)

Players that get Dced get a delay of game penalty and can also rejoin if dc, if they fail to reconnect the players they use either get suspended for a couple of games OR they lose the match. OR both.
    Or if they can find a way to seemlessly have someone who queued enter games in progress with their skaters after a reconnect timer expires.

Sounds good in my head, but my head is a weirs place to be sometimes.

Post edited by strategg101 on

Combine the 2 and that mode would more then likely rule both.
    Club based hut- Where each team member can either bring the skaters they want to use.

Or they have seperate packs for Eashutl and work together as a club to buy packs with coins or $.

6-20 players with line changes. and a backup goalie who is another user...:lol: can also pick who he wants to use if there is an empty net. Auto que to the position you want to play. Individual rewards for a drop in style.
    Let us tap out sticks against the boards for a good fight :)

Players that get Dced get a delay of game penalty and can also rejoin if dc, if they fail to reconnect the players they use either get suspended for a couple of games OR they lose the match. OR both.
    Or if they can find a way to seemlessly have someone who queued enter games in progress with their skaters after a reconnect timer expires.

Sounds good in my head, but my head is a weirs place to be sometimes.

I would not play this EASHUTL you speak of. Bad idea.