EA Forums - Banner

NHL 17 Human Goalie Feedback Thread

Replies

• bdvdude
    1 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Since the new tuner, almost half the goals I see scored in goalie BAP (by either team) are caused by the new shoulder shrug animation being triggered improperly. The goalie's sitting in the default position, and, if the goalie wouldn't move, the shot would hit them dead in the shoulder. The goalie, though, will do a half jump and react as if the puck is going over his shoulder, causing the puck to squeeze through the armpit.

I'm playing on All-Star difficulty, Competitive settings.
    Post edited by bdvdude on
  • Update to the human goalie thread. EA NHL 17 is still a piece of sh.it and getting worse.
  • sleepyT wrote: »
    Update to the human goalie thread. EA NHL 17 is still a piece of sh.it and getting worse.

Yep
    Update to the human goalie thread. EA NHL 17 is still a piece of sh.it and getting worse.

While I can sort of get behind this feeling in the 1v1 modes (online and offline) of this game, 6v6 with people who know how to play is really the only way I can see myself still play NHL 17.

The mechanics we are saddled with as human goalies are grossly underdeveloped when you compare them to people playing as forwards (or even D-men), but there is some satisfaction to be had after a game where you did your best and managed a few amazing saves.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    sleepyT wrote: »

While I can sort of get behind this feeling in the 1v1 modes (online and offline) of this game, 6v6 with people who know how to play is really the only way I can see myself still play NHL 17.

The mechanics we are saddled with as human goalies are grossly underdeveloped when you compare them to people playing as forwards (or even D-men), but there is some satisfaction to be had after a game where you did your best and managed a few amazing saves.

The 6v6 thing is long a thing of the past for me. I quit EASHL forever early in the season because of this goalie shi.t. At first HUT was OK, but then the fuc.ks nerfed the goalies AGAIN. Now HUT sucks.
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    sleepyT wrote: »

The 6v6 thing is long a thing of the past for me. I quit EASHL forever early in the season because of this goalie shi.t. At first HUT was OK, but then the fuc.ks nerfed the goalies AGAIN. Now HUT ****.

Yep
  • HUT was a good idea in the beginning. And then EA realized how much money they could siphon off their customer base after the initial purchase and... Well, the rest, as they say, is history.

I wish HUT actually rewarded the patient collector and/or team builder instead of Johnny "xXDangleSnipes4daysXx" on Xbox Live/PSN with mommy's credit card number.
  • I just wanted to add this here, because right now it's one of the things that I think makes playing goalie more difficult than it needs to be:

http://xboxclips.com/VeNOM2O99/9dcc83a4-0c68-40a4-aa01-e0ccfe2330fd

If you notice near the end of the clip, I was trying to do a butterfly slide from one post to the other, but my goalie for some reason just stopped dead mid glide. This also happens when you try to go post to post to cover a wraparound, your goalie will just stop dead leaving about foot gap between his skate and the post, often resulting in an awful goal against.

It's weird too because many times when no shot is fired on net, your goalie will glide normally, but as soon as the shot is fired you get stuck in place like someone smeared chunky peanut butter under your pads.

It's really annoying.
    I just wanted to add this here, because right now it's one of the things that I think makes playing goalie more difficult than it needs to be:

If you notice near the end of the clip, I was trying to do a butterfly slide from one post to the other, but my goalie for some reason just stopped dead mid glide. This also happens when you try to go post to post to cover a wraparound, your goalie will just stop dead leaving about foot gap between his skate and the post, often resulting in an awful goal against.

It's weird too because many times when no shot is fired on net, your goalie will glide normally, but as soon as the shot is fired you get stuck in place like someone smeared chunky peanut butter under your pads.

It's really annoying.

The game is broken.

Every single mode has serious issues.
  • Is there any movement from the Devs yet concerning the extreme accuracy of shots from above the circles to the blue line...its getting really frustrating to be constantly sniped when I'm in position and clearly not moving... :(
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited November 2016

The game is broken.

There are definitely things that are not working as they should be. And at this point in time, the forwards are simply overpowered. As I see it, fixing the other positions so that they can be at the level of the forwards would take too much time and effort.

It'll be much easier (and quicker) to nerf the forwards already. Tone down the god awful lateral acceleration. Tone down the shot accuracy at sharp angles and/or while moving and make contested shots harder to put on net. Tone down the accuracy of one-timers. Tone down the accuracy of hard passes. Tone down the mobility of a player using puck protect while at low relative speeds (especially near the boards).

Just do it. Let the cry babies cry and tell them to adapt like WE, the goalies (and the d-men) have had to "adapt" to their **** all these years.

I just want BALANCE in the game so that every position is fun to play and equal.

EDIT: also, tone down the probability that deflections end up going towards the net all the time.

The game is broken.

There are definitely things that are not working as they should be. And at this point in time, the forwards are simply overpowered. As I see it, fixing the other positions so that they can be at the level of the forwards would take too much time and effort.

It'll be much easier (and quicker) to nerf the forwards already. Tone down the god awful lateral acceleration. Tone down the shot accuracy at sharp angles and/or while moving and make contested shots harder to put on net. Tone down the accuracy of one-timers. Tone down the accuracy of hard passes. Tone down the mobility of a player using puck protect while at low relative speeds (especially near the boards).

Just do it. Let the cry babies cry and tell them to adapt like WE, the goalies (and the d-men) have had to "adapt" to their **** all these years.

I just want BALANCE in the game so that every position is fun to play and equal.

EDIT: also, tone down the probability that deflections end up going towards the net all the time.

Not gonna happen - pucks going into the back of the net is what sells copies of this game. As much as I would love for this to happen...
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Pucks can still go into the back of the net, just not as many. I'm not talking about dropping the GGA down to 2.00, but right now (I don't care what Ben's "Telemetry" might say) that GGA looks to be around 4.00 to 4.80. Would it be so bad if it dropped to around 3.00 or 3.50 at the highest?

And if the telemetry does say that it's around there, then drop it down half a point.

Like.. Is one or two goals LESS per game that big of a deal breaker?
  • megadeth_600
    1437 posts Member
    edited November 2016

The game is broken.

Players can still hold their sticks out and away from their bodies, and from that same position, they can snipe with decent power. Not to mention the accuracy boost because they are "gliding". How is that even physically possible?? Yet, goalies have to be ultra realistic and load up their pushing leg just to make a sliding save. Regardless if you slide 2 inches or 6 feet, the loading time is the same.

Same for defense. They just can't keep up with the fantasy forwards that have every single imaginable tool to shift everyone on the ice. Dangling left-right full speed without ever losing the puck and yet they feel goalies have the tools to keep up. Yea, sure.
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    I just wanted to add this here, because right now it's one of the things that I think makes playing goalie more difficult than it needs to be:

It's really annoying.

This! Hate that it doesn't work when you need it to. Thought I was doing something wrong.

Also seems to be an invisible field preventing you from moving from right to left with small taps on the left stick. Then a shot geta taken and your small taps turn into a big move. Frustraing!

• when the goalie is down and few far for stop the puck it would be very great can stop it with cross,

you see how i want say?
  • Adjust sliders with skaters. There is no way in ×××× the skater can use his hands as fast as he can right now. also make them lose the puck while doing that, even sometimes. Or just do what Ive been asking for a long time now. make us unrealistic like the skaters are right now. remove the damn delay in bf slides at least. Over 200 games as a goalie for now. top 20 in hybrids.
  • and matchmaking. Usually I end up w low leveled players, being the highest lvl player on the team. I know. Dont judge by lvl in this game but usually im right. why ? and lagging is a problem? First straight shot goes in from the blue line no matter how perfectly you are positioned. are the g animations delayed somehow or ****?
    Getting really tired of this now.
  • and matchmaking. Usually I end up w low leveled players, being the highest lvl player on the team. I know. Dont judge by lvl in this game but usually im right. why ? and lagging is a problem? First straight shot goes in from the blue line no matter how perfectly you are positioned. are the g animations delayed somehow or ****?
    Getting really tired of this now.
  • . I making more of these.