EA Forums - Banner

Goalie problems continue

I play mostly single player seasons and when the game first came out this year it seemed like they had fixed the ridiculous lopsided goalie abilities from NHL 16 where my goalies let everything in and the CPU goalie stops everything. There were occasional bad games for my goalies but nothing like last year where game after game left me frustrated.

But something changed recently and the problem is back again. I don't know if it was an EA tuner or when I reached div 2, but the problem is worse than ever. In the best games I play, I'm out shooting my opponent 2 to 1 or more but game after game my goalie has a save pct between 60% - 75% at best. In my last game, I started 94 Vernon hero and I tried to stick with him until the 3rd period. But when he gave up his 5th goal in 11 shots, I had to pull him. I keep trying different goalies to see if I can find something that works... but nothing does. Overall, I enjoy the game, but this needs to be fixed.

Replies

• EA is a fuc.king joke.
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    Could it be your strategy set up? I find My goalie's play great if I get up by a couple. play the defend lead breakout, a 1-2-2 passive or 2-3 forecheck with a 1-3-1 or 1-4 neutral zone. While finding ways to keep my players in position. Also I've noticed a lot of players constantly try to take the puck from you, instead try to make them turn it over. Not only is this great for your transition game, goalies also seem to react very favourably to it. All in all I find if you play a more defensively structured game your goalie plays better. I've used Varlamov, Rask and Kolzig. All three have played very well for me. Also as a side note, changing your strats at the right time retroactively to what your opponent is doing makes a huge difference I.E opponent is using an aggressive forecheck switch to a conservative breakout to counter....Etc
  • monz wrote: »
    Could it be your strategy set up?

**** are you talking about? Strategy setup? Are you even keeping up with the barrage of goalie compaints - not about little shi.t like strategy - like pucks going right through the goalies all game long. This isn't a strategy problem we are dealing with.
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    Trying to be helpful, just a suggestion. But based on the way you responded I take it your used to blaming others for your issues instead of looking at yourself as the problem. My goalie's play great so maybe you should learn how to play, 98% of players that play are not good defensive players. That why most of the time you see garbage goals going in. Grow up and learn to take some responsibility for your play.
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    Also that comment was meant for Ekids, who might find it helpful. stop trolling sleepyT
  • monz wrote: »
    Trying to be helpful, just a suggestion. But based on the way you responded I take it your used to blaming others for your issues instead of looking at yourself as the problem. My goalie's play great so maybe you should learn how to play, 98% of players that play are not good defensive players. That why most of the time you see garbage goals going in. Grow up and learn to take some responsibility for your play.

Hilarious. I'm better than you at every position, moron. 1v1 me, ****. Anytime -- sleepyTee on ps4. I'll own you and put it on youtube.
  • Why does every thread get so heated? It's just a game folks
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    Cause of clowns like sleepyT who have nothing better to do then troll, Sorry sleepyT I'm on Xbox. Unfortunate because it's laughable that ur sooooo amazing at every position, yet come here and complain about the game lol. If your goalie so bad like you say he is, you'd get smoked. You post to YouTube, we'll post some of these horrible goals your goalie lets in here, With at least a min of footage so I can explain to you why garbage defense lead to the issue. SORRY Ekids, trolls like this will prevent you or anyone else from ever getting the help need.
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    So you condone the way sleepyT responded to my comment??? He may have posted many videos showing issues, I never saw any of them. If you don't mind reposting them here it would help. But the way he responded is disgusting and the epitome of trolling. I never claimed the game doesn't have issues, just try'd to give some advice to someone who appeared to be looking for it.
    Post edited by monz on
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    here I found a video of sleepyT and one of the terrible goals he spoke of. Guess what it was just as I figuered the goal was a combination of terrible defence by the players he was playing with, momentum being against him (as he was just scored on prior) and not cutting down the angle properly. He sat in the back of his crease all game long with happy feet, the other team noticed just threw one on net. Completely his fault due to poor goaltending ability! Lol love the fact he rage quit, what a guy. Goal in question is in the last min of the video for anyone without the time to watch in its entirety.
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Feel free human goalie to post more vid's and I'll explain why it's not the game that's got the problem!
  • monz
    958 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Here's one he posted on the other thread, where he does exactly the opposite of what I advised above. He puts his strategy's to there most aggressive possible (which you see him do soon starts playing) then gets scored on as soon as he does this while sitting on the goal line. This IS NOT elite gameplay, this is someone who is used to glitching a game to win instead of actually learning to play it properly.

• monz
    958 posts Member
    Sure man looking forward to it, record away