EA Forums - Banner

One of the basic errors in this games design

This is me entering the "untouchable bubble". Why would one want to design the game, so it plays like this?
In my opinion, my forward should be easy to handle for the opposing D in this case.
As it is now he is impossible to handle.

Replies

• SpillGal wrote: »
    This is me entering the "untouchable bubble". Why would one want to design the game, so it plays like this?
    In my opinion, my forward should be easy to handle for the opposing D in this case.

Basic Hockey 101 logic does not apply to EAs NHL Series
  • SpillGal wrote: »

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah! The offense is not OP. You can use incidental contact and small hits to bump him off the puck. You just aren't doing it right obviously.

Maybe you should post a video... Oh wait... Ok then maybe... umh... Have you bought moar pax?
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    SpillGal wrote: »

Naaaaaaaaaaaaah! The offense is not OP. You can use incidental contact and small hits to bump him off the puck. You just aren't doing it right obviously.

Maybe you should post a video... Oh wait... Ok then maybe... umh... Have you bought moar pax?

You know what the really SAD thing about this video is? The kiddies believe this is how you're supposed to play and this what makes them good. It's stupid sheet like this that fill these kiddies heads that they are far and away the better player than you are. Just boggles the mind that this crap continues to be IN THE GAME...oh sorry...EA SPORTS: ITS IN THE GAME

Like I said above and keep saying. EA can't even get the BASIC Hockey 101 stuff implemented correctly
  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Yep... It's stuff like this that makes the game soooooooooooo frustrating. Like I get that it's a video game. I get that. And I get that EA's biggest revenue comes from impulse purchases, usually from the fanbase in and around 15-20 yrs old that has access to a credit card.

I GET that. But that's the fanbase that's more likely to drop your game 1 week later once they're bored of it. It's the fanbase that doesn't give two f***s if the game plays like hockey, as long as it LOOKS and SOUNDS like hockey. It's the fanbase that doesn't care if they know how to play the sport or not, as long as they feel like they're actually succeeding at it. It's the fanbase that doesn't care if the game moves forward or not, they just want to play what's "fresh". Sure, they're probably easier to please because of that... On second thought, that's likely WHY they're the preferred fanbase model for EA: they have to put in a minimum amount of effort for a maximum amount of return.

Well at least EA sure as **** knows economy 101! :tongue:
  • @NHLDev what do you think ?
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Where that move gets even more frustrating to deal with is when you're also dealing with lag in an online game. Then forget about it. You aren't even getting close to the puck because when you click to change players it's delayed by a few seconds. On an even playing field, you can somewhat counter that move by getting straight in front of the forward and bumping him off the puck or poke checking it away. It's another move that was toned down in the beginning when EA had lots of aspects of the game playing realistically. Oh well.
  • This and puck (non) pickups are probably my 2 biggest areas of frustration.
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    @NHLDev what do you think ?

I don't think this has anything to do with Ben or his team, who I'm sure are doing the best they can given the resources and direction/guidelines they're given. No... I'm sure of it.

This is a problem that's been the underlying issue with ALL game developers (and publishers as well) since Video games became "main stream": as costs of producing "AAA" titles increases, how do you maximize revenue as quickly as possible? The answer mostly is that video games needed to become less "technical" and difficult to master. A lot of video games now try to capture the simplicity of classic games like Super Mario Bros. while at the same time avoiding to make them as difficult (and/or frustrating) as games like Ninja Gaiden or Metroid. Even though there is a niche for those types of games, it's games that are simple, that are marketed towards the younger audiences that are the ideal target for game developers/publishers.

In all fairness, if EA made NHL as real and difficult as we'd want it to be, sales numbers would plummet to almost nothing fairly quickly.
  • LOL. This is exactly why I sold my copy after 2 days. Don't even miss it. Garbage coding and garbage balancing. Gotta keep dem forwards happy, huh!

Doubt I'll be touching 18, 19 and 20.
  • According to ea and I quote "there is no protect the bubble" send this video over to ea and see what they say
  • LOL. This is exactly why I sold my copy after 2 days. Don't even miss it. Garbage coding and garbage balancing. Gotta keep dem forwards happy, huh!

but yet you still come here ?

I feel sorry for you bruh, having nothing better to do, then come to a forum for a video game, that you dont play or dont own, and point peoples grammar errors out

66146785.jpg
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • #1 - Punctuation is your friend.

#2 - "Than", "Don't" & "People's"

#3 - Pot... Kettle... Black... 'nuff said.
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    LOL. This is exactly why I sold my copy after 2 days. Don't even miss it. Garbage coding and garbage balancing. Gotta keep dem forwards happy, huh!

but yet you still come here ?

I feel sorry for you bruh, having nothing better to do, then come to a forum for a video game, that you dont play or dont own, and point peoples grammar errors out

66146785.jpg

I think the real point here is that people HAVE owned the game and HAVE played it. That's what the true hockey fans do. They have passion for the actual game and want to see a successful video game counterpart. When the barely-casuals get tired of the game they stop playing it and just move on to the next new-and-shiny game never to look back; good riddance to them as they are the exact reason this game sucks right now. The true hockey fans (like ^^^that guy up there) will always have hope that EA can turn things around at some point.

In the end we end up with a game tailored towards the fair-weather casuals (who have moved on after a month or two) which is unplayable by those who want a legitimate hockey simulation. Obviously, there are still enough people throwing piles of money at EA for packs and such to keep the game afloat. So "things are fine" in their eyes as long as the money keeps coming in, right?
  • At least bring back the 12 player lobbies so I can only play with friends who'll try to play a decent game of hockey and also without trolls, scrubs and quitters.

Yup I agree. This would solve everything... 6v6 with friends is a good time. We used to have rules like no wrap arounds and no aggressive goalie interference penalties and have good skill vs skill games on NHL Legacy. The repetitive cheese get's annoying and very boring after a while.