EA Forums - Banner

Sometimes players have a hangover?

Random nights in franchise mode my players cant accelerate at all, they can barely get their legs moving even when pushing hard on the ls to skate.

Why does this happen?

Replies

• I regularly have hangovers while playing this game. Usually hangovers from playing this game. I like beer.
  • Gonna keep bumping this until I get some answers
  • I tried turning fatigue effect to 0 for both teams and this still happens
  • l3354w72jxfu
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Just played a game in franchise and it took at least 3 seconds to get my players to skate forward every time I would push forward on the ls
    Post edited by l3354w72jxfu on
  • Its like theyre dragging anchors on their skates or something
  • B_Bunny
    888 posts Moderator
    Stop bumping your own thread.
    PSN: B-Bunny
  • l3354w72jxfu
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Anyone have any idea why this happens
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea why this happens

Can you show us some video of what you're experiencing?

I dont know how to do that but I can explain in detail.

I play franchise mode and I always play the full 82 games. The first ten games or so usually play out fine. As the season progresses there will be random games where my players just cant skate properly. Ill pass the puck to someone and when they receive it, it will take about 3 seconds to get their feet moving to accelerate. It happens with all my players, they just skate 2x slower than normal and no matter how hard I push down on the left stick, they can never reach top speed.

This happens pretty often and then the next game they will skate normally again. Then the game after that, they will skate slower again. I turned off fatigue effect and it helped a little bit. But this is still noticeable and I dont know how to make it stop.
  • NHLDev
    1669 posts EA NHL Developer

I play franchise mode and I always play the full 82 games. The first ten games or so usually play out fine. As the season progresses there will be random games where my players just cant skate properly. Ill pass the puck to someone and when they receive it, it will take about 3 seconds to get their feet moving to accelerate. It happens with all my players, they just skate 2x slower than normal and no matter how hard I push down on the left stick, they can never reach top speed.

This happens pretty often and then the next game they will skate normally again. Then the game after that, they will skate slower again. I turned off fatigue effect and it helped a little bit. But this is still noticeable and I dont know how to make it stop.

Do you manually tune the game at all or play on one of the default Presets?
  • l3354w72jxfu
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    NHLDev wrote: »

Do you manually tune the game at all or play on one of the default Presets?

If I play on the default presets it still happens, even worse.

But I made my own preset. I turned fatigue effect to 0. Turned my human goalie sliders to 100 (so that my goalie can post realistic stats and not a 75 sv%. ). Theres just a noticeable difference in how my players skate in certain games during regular season and I dont know what it is. For what its worth playoff games I never have this problem, they skate fine. Only every now and then if im up 3-0 in the series there might be a slight drop off.

In my honest opinion I think the game notices when you go on long winning streaks and trys to make it harder on you to win by making your players skate slower and take longer to accelerate. I do go on a lot of 8-10 game winning streaks in franchise so maybe this is the reason? I play on all star with a few slider adjustments. Everything is adjusted equally for both sides except my human goalie sliders are turned up.
  • NHLDev
    1669 posts EA NHL Developer
    If I play on the default presets it still happens, even worse.

But I made my own preset. I turned fatigue effect to 0. Turned my human goalie sliders to 100 (so that my goalie can post realistic stats and not a 75 sv%. ). Theres just a noticeable difference in how my players skate in certain games during regular season and I dont know what it is. For what its worth playoff games I never have this problem, they skate fine. Only every now and then if im up 3-0 in the series there might be a slight drop off.

In my honest opinion I think the game notices when you go on long winning streaks and trys to make it harder on you to win by making your players skate slower and take longer to accelerate. I do go on a lot of 8-10 game winning streaks in franchise so maybe this is the reason? I play on all star with a few slider adjustments. Everything is adjusted equally for both sides except my human goalie sliders are turned up.

If it is happening on default settings, then I am not sure where to start. This is the first I have heard of it. Was thinking there could be an issue in one of the skating sliders or something. Will see if others jump into the thread and post anything similar happening to them.

• Stuff like this always happens to me when I play online eashl and there is any ai on the ice. I'll be splitting the def for a breakaway and my player will slow down considerably. Or I'll pick up a puck trying to turn left and the game makes me turn right so I skate into the cpu and he steals the puck. I've also been laying on the ice to block a shot from the CPU and all of a sudden, just as he shoots, my player stands up for no reason. This stuff happens all the time. Or maybe it's because my west coast California team has to play every game on the east since your matchmaking and best location is either broken or the west server is down 90% of the time. But to me The game is obviously coded to override your controls and that's why I stopped playing offline years and years ago.
  • This happened to me too in franchise in all-star difficulty. Weirdly I have experienced this in couch-vs too, where other team is visibly slower/less responsive. It feels like there is advantage randomized to one of teams time to time.
  • The game definitely "cheats" for the AI at times. Passes you aim in one direction go in the complete opposite (I can't count the number of times, my winger, down in the corner, tries to throw a pass a long the goal line, and it heads back to the point, or I try to go cross point and it magically goes down low). Your teammates seem to intentionally skate into you etc.... the game seems to switch into a "cheat" mode at various points during a franchise season. That deviated is lying through his teeth,
  • Can confirm, have been anchored. I'm convinced I've experienced overridden controls and suddenly terrible AI similar to the above. Is there a momentum scale not seen by the player? Is the game coded to 'lean' sometimes? Does the AI know it's game four in a seven game series and do they play different in those situations? Is there some type of advantage randomized? Does shot percentage increase late in the period?
    If one dev and a few forum mods profusely deny any of that do they actually know? Or were they just part of the awesome goal celebration dev team? If you swear up and down there is no ice tilt but all you did was help render the octopus what do you know about it anyway?
  • l3354w72jxfu
    36 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Sounds like this is a pretty frequent issue. I think its pretty obvious that the players dont skate the same way on a game to game basis. If I play a quick game the players will skate fine. If I play game 42 in my franchise season, they will likely skate 2x slower and will feel like they are dragging anchors on their skates. Its always funny how precise cpu opponent passing is on games when my players have anchors on their skates. I had two guys pin the cpu puck handler to the boards in the corner and he somehow managed to zip a pass with his foot at full speed out to his d man at the blue line, he then zipped another pass instantly over to the other side for a one timer while my right wing was staring off into the stands not paying attention to the play.

I understand the realisticness of players taking games off and skating slow during the regular season on certain games. I do not want this feature in my franchise mode however. I want to play each game normally with normal skating abilities for all my players. Its impossible to turn this off and thats the biggest problem, none of the sliders seem to really stop this from happening.