EA Forums - Banner

Matchmaking is terrible

RSall14
612 posts Member
edited December 2016
Played 6s in club yesterday and they were all east but me. Guess who's location it favoured? Me, the only guy on the west with a 5:1 disadvantage. My ping was around 10 while the other 5 were running at 40~45 with delay. Is there no common sense when it comes to matchmaking?

Replies

• It's terrible in other modes too. Just because I'm level 55+ it has to take me 10 minutes to find a game? Just let me play everyone.. why am I restricted to playing only a handful of people in the entire world simply because I'm good at the game?
  • It's terrible in other modes too. Just because I'm level 55+ it has to take me 10 minutes to find a game? Just let me play everyone.. why am I restricted to playing only a handful of people in the entire world simply because I'm good at the game?
    Totally agree. Happens in club too but we're not even that good just play a lot so usually in d1 or 2. You should play whoever you get matched up with. Of course it should try and match a similar skill or rank, but after that it should open to anyone on
  • @NHLDev can you please tell us what is going on with the servers and if it's being looked into? We're on the West (club) and constantly get games on the east. I'm talking like all night long, every game.
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Hmmmm..... gotta wonder if DNS plays into some of these regional matchmaking complaints...

Edit: nevermind I see OPs point.
  • NickKefz
    67 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Everything about EASHL is broken or doesn't function to the way we want it to in some way or another matchmaking, gameplay...I'm sure something else will pop up soon.

My initial assessment is no one plays this game online anymore because anytime I get on to play club we spend more time searching for games rather than playing. It's December and the 6v6 community is non existent.

Doesn't it search within 5 levels for 10 seconds, then 10 levels, 15 etc etc. It's weird that it's taking you 10 minutes. Doesn't make much sense.
  • Socair
    2795 posts Game Changer
    It's terrible in other modes too. Just because I'm level 55+ it has to take me 10 minutes to find a game? Just let me play everyone.. why am I restricted to playing only a handful of people in the entire world simply because I'm good at the game?

Doesn't it search within 5 levels for 10 seconds, then 10 levels, 15 etc etc. It's weird that it's taking you 10 minutes. Doesn't make much sense.

Nope, 5 levels tops, plus it's trying to match CR's too.
  • Socair wrote: »
    It's terrible in other modes too. Just because I'm level 55+ it has to take me 10 minutes to find a game? Just let me play everyone.. why am I restricted to playing only a handful of people in the entire world simply because I'm good at the game?

Nope, 5 levels tops, plus it's trying to match CR's too.

Sorry man I was talking about OVP or HUT, I know EASHL has the CR variable that clearly only makes it worse lol
  • Yea bro takes me forever to find a versus match....I honestly spend more time searching than I do playing. Which sucks balls.... nobody wants that.

That's how it is supposed to work but it never works the way it's supposed to. It just times out after a few minutes. Granted I don't play during peak hours much but still.. I'm limited to playing such a small amount of people it's just not even worth wasting the time to go on anymore. That's beside the fact that the online portion of the game is an unplayable trainwreck in the first place.
  • We've had nights where we match room size and goalie and we can't find anything for 20minutes. Take that all off and find 6v6 right away. On the east of course because our west club only gets to play about 1 out of every 10 games on the west
  • 5natchHunt3e
    30 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I'm level 52 currently and never take more then 30 seconds to get a match on versus. Even get matched up with a level 36 today only mode I enjoy anymore aside from franchise
  • I tried playing a forward for the first time since about launch in drop in. God that was awful.