EA Forums - Banner

Christmas Wish

DanneyG
85 posts Member
edited December 2016
I wish the entire NHL team would break their 360's out over the holidays and play 2k10.

Disregard the graphics, disregard some of the animations, focus on ONE THING.

The AI.

Watch your AI teammates play their position, anticipate passes, dump ins, shots on goal.

Watch your AI teammates get the hell out of your way on a rush, or not throw passes incoherently that end up right on the other teams stick, or get out of your goalies way down low.

Watch how much fun you have playing REAL hockey, then imagine what YOUR player models, graphics and all the rest of the eye candy you produce would look like over top of said amazing gameplay. ;)

To avoid having this series die off and become nothing but a download to play HUT ...

Please, fulfill this Christmas wish.

Replies

• SteelCitySnipr66
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Hate to sound like a buzzkill, nhl 2k10 was buried by nhl 10. They were singlehandedly put out of business because ea's game was that far superior. I get what youre saying about ai but if they want inspiration go back and play the games that destroyed and put 2k out of business and recapture the fun those games had. I dont want 2k hockey with ea's cartoon graphics lol, 2k died for a reason. The gameplay was miserable, ai was good. That's my $0.02
  • great AI = great game. Period.

I dont care how fluid the skating is, how realistic the faces and arenas look, if the AI has no idea how to play hockey, where to set up, where to go, then there is no point in the other stuff being good at all.

EA's games have NEVER played anything close that resembles real hockey.
  • SteelCitySnipr66
    42 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I see what youre saying, but that great game is an iphone app now because of nhl 09-12 and it had very little to do with player faces and graphics bro.
  • I see what youre saying, but that great game is an iphone app now because of nhl 09-12 and it had very little to do with player faces and graphics bro.

Thats EXACTLY what it had to do with.

This game is SOLD on eye candy and an addiction to collecting cyber cards.

Everything they talk about every damn year is graphic improvements, model improvements, new broken versions of modes that had no need to be touched like Dynasty/Franchise.

NEVER do they commit to making the game play hockey.

When this game was on PC there were communities all over that worked to change what EA built **** which I believe is part of the reason they no longer support PC, it made them look real bad.

My point is this isnt a new argument, neither is the ice tilt which is consistently denied yet almost EVERY player has experienced this aspect at some point in their NHL gaming.

These issues have been discussed and complained about since NHL 2000 and it will never stop because the people in charge are more worried about their bottom line then they are about a fan base 20+ years strong.

2k never had these glaring AI issues .. theirs were eye candy issues, which is why EA won that war. The kids ate up the candy.

• 2k was my favorite hockey game from 2k1 on dream cast until I switched back to nhl09. For me it had nothing to do with AI or graphics, my decision was based purely on them having eashl and a fun skill stick.
  • E A version of hockey games creams all other games ever made in hockey games. That being said 2k had very nice additions in their game that would complete nhl EA . Let us hoist the cup in nhl 18!!!!
  • Offline you can change a lot of the AI problems utilizing sliders. It's unfortunate Ea doesn't recognize or care aboot their Ai problems in the online department especially when they have the ability to do so.
  • goat1313 wrote: »
    Offline you can change a lot of the AI problems utilizing sliders. It's unfortunate Ea doesn't recognize or care aboot their Ai problems in the online department especially when they have the ability to do so.

no amount of slider manipulation will make these AI idiots play their positions.
  • Series will not die off. There will always be a market for a hockey game, even if they took the online modes out of the game until they figure out **** they are doing.
  • TimeToHockey94
    214 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Assisted_6 wrote: »
    E A version of hockey games creams all other games ever made in hockey games. That being said 2k had very nice additions in their game that would complete nhl EA . Let us hoist the cup in nhl 18!!!!

Ya us hoisting the cup for nhl 18 is exactly what will save this franchise. With that mindset I'm surprised nobody from ea has contacted you to take rammers job

Plot twist, that profile is Rammer. hahaha

I love your posts. Too funny and usually right on.
  • Hate to sound like a buzzkill, nhl 2k10 was buried by nhl 10. They were singlehandedly put out of business because ea's game was that far superior. I get what youre saying about ai but if they want inspiration go back and play the games that destroyed and put 2k out of business and recapture the fun those games had. I dont want 2k hockey with ea's cartoon graphics lol, 2k died for a reason. The gameplay was miserable, ai was good. That's my $0.02

I've been saying this forever 2k is gone for a reason good to see people can see sense on this forum still