EA Forums - Banner

Best player on your team?

Replies

• MOV McDavid and Hextall by a long shot
  • 1.69 million... that's crazy for 1 card LOL!

I just picked up MOV Kessel (89) for 275K..

he's due for at least 1 more MS and TOTW if he keeps up his playing and TOTY as well...
    hopefully it wasn't a waste, but his base was still putting up comparable points to my Sullivan and Lafontaine so I figured id go for it
  • Bure for me. The dude's speed is insane. Booth plays well for me too.
  • It was Heatley but MOV on over for Sid the Kid. I just bought a Crosby mov for 1.69 mil! Man that was a lot of coin to watch disappear but Crosby. Heatley and Crosby on the power play!

I have Heatley and he does a lot of things well but he just doesn't perform as well as I had hoped. I'll admit that it may have a lot to do with how I use him and my own play style.
  • James Neal...him and Forsberg have always been amazing for me last year too...better than my heros...better than MOV Mcdavid...
  • RedOneDK
    203 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I need to throw another player in the mix, i forgot about my most relaiable player: Base Yandle. Hes the most concistent player on my team, and is A exelent dangler & passer. IMO theres no better base card D-man than him.
    Im actually surprised about Hes hitting this year..
    Og'sån'er'det!
  • Mov Crosby is absolutely unreal. No one comes close, and my team is stacked. His puck control is ridiculous. You can't take the puck from him. He gets hit loses the puck for a second, reaches around a defender to take it back. He can put a pass through a crowd for a one timer that will make you shake your head. If he shoots in a scoring zone it's a guaranteed goal. I play him on right wing due to his low faceoff rating (83) but as he continues to get upgraded I might move him to C if that stat reaches 90
  • SundayWC83 wrote: »
    Mov Crosby is absolutely unreal. No one comes close, and my team is stacked. His puck control is ridiculous. You can't take the puck from him. He gets hit loses the puck for a second, reaches around a defender to take it back. He can put a pass through a crowd for a one timer that will make you shake your head. If he shoots in a scoring zone it's a guaranteed goal. I play him on right wing due to his low faceoff rating (83) but as he continues to get upgraded I might move him to C if that stat reaches 90

This thread ate at me until I had both a mov Crosby and 96 Bure. Crosby is a little better but you can't get him for under 2 mil now. The best card is expensive because it's good and then even more expensive because it is the "best" card. I got Bure for 800 this morning. Now that he's not no. 1, Bure is a realistic price.

Is the 96 Bure really that much better than the legend version?
  • EddieZny wrote: »
    SundayWC83 wrote: »
    Mov Crosby is absolutely unreal. No one comes close, and my team is stacked. His puck control is ridiculous. You can't take the puck from him. He gets hit loses the puck for a second, reaches around a defender to take it back. He can put a pass through a crowd for a one timer that will make you shake your head. If he shoots in a scoring zone it's a guaranteed goal. I play him on right wing due to his low faceoff rating (83) but as he continues to get upgraded I might move him to C if that stat reaches 90

This thread ate at me until I had both a mov Crosby and 96 Bure. Crosby is a little better but you can't get him for under 2 mil now. The best card is expensive because it's good and then even more expensive because it is the "best" card. I got Bure for 800 this morning. Now that he's not no. 1, Bure is a realistic price.

Is the 96 Bure really that much better than the legend version?

So far the 96 is a freak. As good as everyone says he is. Crosby the same but Bure can take a hit better. I never had the Bure legend. Crosby will be noticably better when he's a 99 but right now they're about the same for massively different prices.
    Here they are side by side:
    https://hutdb.net/17/players/stats/15266

Thanks for your thoughts.
  • I really didn't like the 96 bure. Was way to easy to knock off the puck. I found booth is a better version of bure. Way stronger on the puck and just as fast
  • It's hard to name the best player when all of them play so poorly at times.
  • TOTW Paul Stastny
    Milestone Kesler
    TOTW Nyquist
  • BrindAmour is my newest addition... on my 2nd line... and hes putting up 1point/game average so far
  • I had a MOV Tarasenko who I pulled and he was nuts but I sold him for 1.5 mil and bought MOV Kane, Mov McDavid, Hero Sullivan, Mov Ekblad and had coins left over...wasn't super impressed with Kane so I dumped him and grabbed Bure and Linden and Bobby Hull who I was rolling with earlier in the year...throw TW on them you got OG snipes...Bure is always a solid top line guy... Mov Hall is sick as well...snipes tons, same with Mov Kessel...

*I recently grabbed the Marner gold and he doenst perform like his stats at all...thinking of replacing him with a base stammer...you would think with a 96 acc and 95 speed on a tiny guy he would fly but he doesn't fly like you would think
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    BrindAmour is my newest addition... on my 2nd line... and hes putting up 1point/game average so far

lol, I just added him also, I lost pp synergy and added s and ww, I have 14 now.
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • he's a fantastic card... plays WAY better than I thought he would
  • I also added bobby hull, Now I can't do anything else with the team besides replacing Byfuglien with 91 Doughty or keith with 92 Doughty unless I mess up the whole team and go with bombers and team wheel.
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • Ovie and Cindy.
    I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • Are you some sort of EA sympathizer, or do you just like to brag about all of the assets you own? There's no way anyone could obtain any sort of sample size and legitimately suggest Boyle is his best player after less than 3 hours of having the card. I could get 10 points a game offline with Andrey Pedan if you're referring to that mode.
  • he's clearly joking and mocking the fact that anyone would even want to complete a set for an 87 Dan Boyle