EA Forums - Banner

EASHL Year End Playoffs

2Next

Replies

• RSall14 wrote: »
    They need to make EASHL at the minimum 3s.

I think 4 with goalie being one.

LOL yall really want to kill this thing off.

Look, we need regions and lobbies, player customization, old drop in system, player progression system and fix some skating and vision control issues and people will play again.

Need to encourage fun and public sessions for larger pool of players and better recruiting.

Then you might see more 5s and 6s teams.

Also, 2k requires 3 to play pro-am (club) and that's not a bad idea, but then we need the old lobby system.

My two cents.
  • it should be a minimum of 3 skaters, regardless of goalie. 50% of the "2s" would probably find a 3rd the other 50% who cares they are bums anyway
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »
    Grebinator wrote: »
    sgiz1 wrote: »
    Not enough EASHL teams to make this worthwhile, EASHL is only 25% of what it used to be pre TPS.

I think if EA brought back year end playoffs with a big announcement a lot of teams would come back though. I know a lot of people don't like the game but people would play if the competition was there. A perfect example is LG, and pro series, online 6s leagues. A lot of former top players play there instead of club now because that's the only way to competitive games going.

Field of dreams says it best. If you build it they will come. Build it EA. @EA_NHLDevs @NHLDev

Let me get this straight... you would play 12 months of an awful RNG unrewarding pile of **** game for a very small % chance of going to Vancouver to play? The people who have moved on from this game and from playing 6s did so because there's better things to do or play than a game that doesn't reward you for being the better player/team. The gameplay is awful and the servers being hit and miss most nights make that experience 10x worse

People have been leaving club in droves every since NHL 12, when it became apparent EA was done doing year end playoffs. Coincidentally that's when the game started getting worse as well. People stopped caring because there was no competition. If the competition was brought back more people would return and more people would voice there opinions on what should be changed on this game so the forum warriors that have ruined it over time would once again be outnumbered.

There are still many top clubs out there that play ocassionally for the love of hockey that would start playing a lot more if the playoffs were announced despite how the game doesn't compare to NHL 09-12.
    Assisted_6 wrote: »
    Not enough EASHL teams to make this worthwhile, EASHL is only 25% of what it used to be pre TPS.

I think if EA brought back year end playoffs with a big announcement a lot of teams would come back though. I know a lot of people don't like the game but people would play if the competition was there. A perfect example is LG, and pro series, online 6s leagues. A lot of former top players play there instead of club now because that's the only way to competitive games going.

Field of dreams says it best. If you build it they will come. Build it EA. @EA_NHLDevs @NHLDev

Let me get this straight... you would play 12 months of an awful RNG unrewarding pile of **** game for a very small % chance of going to Vancouver to play? The people who have moved on from this game and from playing 6s did so because there's better things to do or play than a game that doesn't reward you for being the better player/team. The gameplay is awful and the servers being hit and miss most nights make that experience 10x worse

People have been leaving club in droves every since NHL 12, when it became apparent EA was done doing year end playoffs. Coincidentally that's when the game started getting worse as well. People stopped caring because there was no competition. If the competition was brought back more people would return and more people would voice there opinions on what should be changed on this game so the forum warriors that have ruined it over time would once again be outnumbered.

There are still many top clubs out there that play ocassionally for the love of hockey that would start playing a lot more if the playoffs were announced despite how the game doesn't compare to NHL 09-12.

I don't even know what to say if you think the end of the year tourney not happening is the reason people stopped playing. The gameplay is awful, that's it plain and simple. With how smooth and in control you were of your player before TPS was introduced the better team would win almost every game because they were able to pull off exactly what they wanted and moves they wanted to make without battling the controller or feeling like they were driving a bus, and that control was the difference between scoring an extra couple of goals in a game to solidify the win.

Now you have a game where everyone looks and feels like they are playing 1 second behind things they are trying to do and the game feels so clustered because of it, at times it feels like you know exactly what you want to do with the puck before you get it but can't physically do it because of the delay or animations sending you in directions you don't want to go. Or you skate to a loose puck and feel like you have to stand there and wait till it stops bouncing around until you control it by which time you are getting demolished or have 1-2 players on you.

A end of the year tourney won't add the competition back in or bring it back to what it used to be. The gameplay is what will bring the competition back. What we have now is a game where RNG actually plays a bigger factor than skill and that will never make for a competitive game. I swear every team you play online in eashl just throws the puck on net low EVERY time they gain the zone hoping for a rebound or a deflection until one eventually goes. You have a game where connection plays too much of a factor in who wins and some games you can see it plain as day that 1 team is able to get away with murder holding onto the puck while the other team loses it like nothing.

Also not to mention the fact that ea absolutely destroyed the eashl community. They removed eashl from next gen in 15, then brought it back for nhl 16 where you couldn't even look up who was on rosters of clubs or invite people to a club. There was no more club scouting while in games where you could see their gamer tag and stats, now it's a pain in the **** to go to the box score menu and even then it's only the players skater name not even their gamer tag. Now here we are in nhl 17, still no real way for new players to easily hop onto a club and play. You have hordes of players leaving the game yet new ones are struggling to find a team to play on, it's no wonder eashl is dead.

So no a year end tourney is nothing to do with It

Have you ever heard of pro series? Top clubs still play in that, for money mind you. I believe they had close to 40 top clubs sign up for that even with the gameplay the way it is. Why did they sign up? For the competition. All those games are done via club challenge so they don't show up towards leaderboards. If ea announced playoffs they would all start playing search games regularly again just like they do pro series on a regular basis.

I don't even know what to say if you think the end of the year tourney not happening is the reason people stopped playing. The gameplay is awful, that's it plain and simple. With how smooth and in control you were of your player before TPS was introduced the better team would win almost every game because they were able to pull off exactly what they wanted and moves they wanted to make without battling the controller or feeling like they were driving a bus, and that control was the difference between scoring an extra couple of goals in a game to solidify the win.

Now you have a game where everyone looks and feels like they are playing 1 second behind things they are trying to do and the game feels so clustered because of it, at times it feels like you know exactly what you want to do with the puck before you get it but can't physically do it because of the delay or animations sending you in directions you don't want to go. Or you skate to a loose puck and feel like you have to stand there and wait till it stops bouncing around until you control it by which time you are getting demolished or have 1-2 players on you.

A end of the year tourney won't add the competition back in or bring it back to what it used to be. The gameplay is what will bring the competition back. What we have now is a game where RNG actually plays a bigger factor than skill and that will never make for a competitive game. I swear every team you play online in eashl just throws the puck on net low EVERY time they gain the zone hoping for a rebound or a deflection until one eventually goes. You have a game where connection plays too much of a factor in who wins and some games you can see it plain as day that 1 team is able to get away with murder holding onto the puck while the other team loses it like nothing.

Also not to mention the fact that ea absolutely destroyed the eashl community. They removed eashl from next gen in 15, then brought it back for nhl 16 where you couldn't even look up who was on rosters of clubs or invite people to a club. There was no more club scouting while in games where you could see their gamer tag and stats, now it's a pain in the **** to go to the box score menu and even then it's only the players skater name not even their gamer tag. Now here we are in nhl 17, still no real way for new players to easily hop onto a club and play. You have hordes of players leaving the game yet new ones are struggling to find a team to play on, it's no wonder eashl is dead.

So no a year end tourney is nothing to do with It

Have you ever heard of pro series? Top clubs still play in that, for money mind you. I believe they had close to 40 top clubs sign up for that even with the gameplay the way it is. Why did they sign up? For the competition. All those games are done via club challenge so they don't show up towards leaderboards. If ea announced playoffs they would all start playing search games regularly again just like they do pro series on a regular basis.

Ya my club was going to do pro series until everyone lost interest in the game and stopped logging on. That says a lot about the game when we were 72-3 and nobody liked it enough to play more than 6 weeks. While I agree pro series and LG is what makes this game somewhat competitive and adds incentive to play, a single year end tourney would not cut it enough to bring "competition" back to the game and bring people back to it. LG and pro series goes on all year round and it's pretty sad the only way this game is worth playing is an outside source setting it all up

I agree it is sad but a single year end tourney would bring competition back because it would make the full year matter. While I agree it wouldn't bring everyone back, but it would be a start and a welcomed sign that maybe they'll start going back to the way the game used to be.

Side note what was your club?
  • Grebinator wrote: »
    I was just wondering if anyone from EA could tell us if the ever plan on bringing back the end of the year club 6s tournament. It was a huge success and generated a lot of buzz and interest in the community back when sk88z was community manager in NHL 09 and 10. Are there any plans currently to bring this back or have any other type of Ea sponsored club tournament?

LMFAO
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    hot-rivit wrote: »
    Bumppppp

Greb, I was just thinking about this the other day. This would actually give club a purpose again.

I think club still has it's purpose. The inclusion of customization as a team really helps with keeping clubs together and working towards a goal.

Nothing like that Hallelujah song to keep my guys coming back to score more goals!
  • I like all the customization EA gave EASHL users this year...it's just too bad all the effort went towards making the game look pretty than making the game play well..

This right here. Perfectly said.