EA Forums - Banner

Testing out the famous ice tilt-lolz

Replies

• are you **** serious? If your **** team strength exceeds a **** plateau the opposition AI gets a **** boost. If you don't **** experience this there is something wrong with your **** head.

You sir have offended my honour, I challenge you to a duel.
  • all I know is I played Human_Goalie over the weekend...

his team is substantially better than mine... there was no weird stuff going on...
  • Hoolio99 wrote: »
    I have a great connection...I play against a buddy all the time, he is in div 1....when he comes over he can't win with my team...I have a better team player wise than his, his experience at home on the same ISP is completely different with a worse team....if it is connection only then the player with the faster connection is getting screwed...It is night and day.....when we play on the same machine we are 50-50...when we play online I can't beat him...can't get the puck off him and his AI is dynamite, we use 94 controls and even when his guys get knocked down they are poke checking and stick lifting....there is absolutely something going on, if you haven't seen it I am happy for you cus it is frustrating.....

Very interesting way to prove that the EA servers have a disability...some games can be insane cause you feel helpless like its a shooting gallery...then after the game you go check your opponents team and you cant believe you wasted so much time building your team when you got out skated by a bunch of gold cards cause you got the short end of the connection...thanks EA :(
  • are you **** serious? If your **** team strength exceeds a **** plateau the opposition AI gets a **** boost. If you don't **** experience this there is something wrong with your **** head.

The game is fine, it's all in your head. Try to get better. The better player wins 9/10 games against a worse opponent. But there is always some luck involved.

Better connection wins 9/10 times
  • Haircut = brains

Let me guess, you are one of those people who isn't very good at the game, but you have a stacked team and you rage when you don't win quicksell teams? And it naturally isn't your fault, but because EA wants to punish people with good teams? Sure. This whole icetilt thing is a very good excuse for people who are bad losers. It doesn't exist. There is luck involved in hockey, the team that plays better isn't always a guaranteed winner.

And you dissing my haircut? For your information, a haircut like this is currently trending in Sweden.

thats what this guy really looks like?? i thought it was a joke he put that up as a profile pic. wow. jus wow.

• Haircut = brains

Let me guess, you are one of those people who isn't very good at the game, but you have a stacked team and you rage when you don't win quicksell teams? And it naturally isn't your fault, but because EA wants to punish people with good teams? Sure. This whole icetilt thing is a very good excuse for people who are bad losers. It doesn't exist. There is luck involved in hockey, the team that plays better isn't always a guaranteed winner.

And you dissing my haircut? For your information, a haircut like this is currently trending in Sweden.

thats what this guy really looks like?? i thought it was a joke he put that up as a profile pic. wow. jus wow.

So, this thread isn't about whining how unfair the game is because of icetilt and momentum. Now it's about my looks? Well at least I have gut to show my face, unlike most people here. :blush:

It seems like many people have a logic, according to which if they spend a lot of money or grind the market 24/7 their stacked team deserves to win people with scrub teams. But that just isn't the case. In reality team you have doesn't mean anything if you match against noticeably better player. This might be disappointing since getting a stacked team doesn't seem so worth it when you realize it, but that's how it should be. HUT shouldn't be pay2win.

And about that connection argument; it's a cruel fact that people with better internet have an advantage over people with worse internet. I have wired 100/20 Mbps connection, and as far as I only join to opponents whose connection shows as good/green whole the time, I very rarely experience noticeable lag.

• I agree... I am on Wifi 75/75Mbps and I lag maybe 1/10 games

+1, Any of you that can't see this are daft, And it's called dynamic game balancing, fifa has it madden has it, Why wouldn't nhl have it. Wake up, Your all a bunch of sheep. Anyway who really cares. It's just a game. I've lost numerous games because of it and I've won numerous games that I had no business even being in because of it.
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    All you ps4 guys idk what it is but it sounds like you have a lot less connection tampering than we do on Xbox. Idk why people do it on Xbox maybe because people feel like they have to but it is getting out of hand on there. If ice tilt does exist all it does is balance team overalls not anything else. It doesn't make your team more dumb. With that being said it doesn't have as much of an outcome as one may think. The connection is the key.

That is why when people start lagging up a game they should be kicked out and the person who isnt manipulating a malfunction in a game mode will get a win.
  • EVerk81
    164 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    The first rule of ice tilt - Do not talk about ice tilt
    The second rule of ice tilt - DO NOT TALK ABOUT ICE TILT
  • EVerk81 wrote: »
    The first rule of ice tilt - Do not talk about ice tilt
    The second rule of ice tilt - DO NOT TALK ABOUT ICE TILT

Dynamic game balancing........lol
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • I had an OP team for the division I was in some games appeared tilted (my guys slower than they should + no hand eye at all) and others everything was fine
  • fcamodeo wrote: »
    Haircut = brains

So, this thread isn't about whining how unfair the game is because of icetilt and momentum. Now it's about my looks? Well at least I have gut to show my face, unlike most people .

You should have left out the part about your face.. oy vey..
    Haircut = brains

Remind me to stay away from Sweden... I don't know what is in your head, nor do I know what is ON your head LOL

Don't worry, close minded people like you wouldn't be wanted to Sweden anyways.

And no, the game has no form of icetilt or momentum. It's skill, luck, and connection that matter. If you cant accept it, I feel sorry for you. I wonder why I never see any good players whining about how icetilt ruins their lives.
  • I wonder if it is because good players understand it is just a game?
  • Haircut = brains

Cool man.. didn't mean to insult you... but you can't definitively state there is equalization or not just like I can't.. I've been playing since the first HUT, and it's there in my opinion, and in fact if I was developing this game I would implement it too, and I've experienced it many times. There are top players in this game who've played as long as me who are looking for bronze back up goalies with multiple synergies for that very reason. I myself think it's either salary cap or star rating that triggers it and the people that are able to overcome it are the people that abuse the exploits that unfortunately been built into the game. Thats just, like, my opinion, man, and it's based upon thousands of online games of experience.
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    I wonder if it is because good players understand it is just a game?

Or that good players are good at the game, and don't have to find excuses for their losses.
  • Only tilt i have ever noticed was with goalie saves. The games they save everything (back to back to back miraculous saves) feels so momentum generated, or when my team occasionally misses wide open nets usually happens in the miraculous goalie games).EA decides what goes in and what doesn't so i dunno if thats ice tilt or just stupid programming set to keep some games close that shouldnt be.