EA Forums - Banner

Why is switching players such a mystery?

2Next

Replies

• I play a lot of VS with a buddy. There are times where neither of us can switch to a specific player we want. It is like the system decides that one player is off limits for taking control of him. Another major issue is trying to lead pass a player in front of another player. How many times has your own guy screwed up a pass attempt to a different player?
  • djneohockey
    721 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Well I'm not happy with the player switching too, especially since the current gen.
    I think in wasn't that bad in last gen. Don't have such issues in 2k game. So there's definitely space for improvement.

I also have great fun using manual switching method on that PC mod I'm working on. You really feel like a part of your team this way. Similar to player lock, but little different.

Also in 2k7 I used to have some good fun when I press RS an icons appeared above your teammates and you could choose exactly where you want your pass go.
    So that was different way to approach passing. It felt interesting and fresch, but it is little too automatic and easy maybe, so I would be careful with that online.
  • I dont mind the passing as much cause you can at least aim your passes, and with pass assist it gives you an arrow so you know where each pass is going.

Player switching is just totally messed up. I just tried to switch to my left d man 3 times but the first time it switches me to the right d, second time it switched me to a guy behind the puck carrier, third time back to right d, fourth time back to the guy behind the play, my left d didnt bother doing anything and I got scored on from a 1 on 3.
  • I dont mind the passing as much cause you can at least aim your passes, and with pass assist it gives you an arrow so you know where each pass is going.

Player switching is just totally messed up. I just tried to switch to my left d man 3 times but the first time it switches me to the right d, second time it switched me to a guy behind the puck carrier, third time back to right d, fourth time back to the guy behind the play, my left d didnt bother doing anything and I got scored on from a 1 on 3.

This would fall under what feels like intentional. I have no idea if it is, but it seems for what could be 3+ seconds that you identify exactly who you need to change to, yet it does not respond AT ALL, or switches you to other players.

There are problems in the neutral zone, and zone entry into your own zone for sure, but what happens under high pressure around the net and in the slot feels 100% intentional on EA's part. It would be nice if a Dev would clear up what's happening in these situations as its such a common occurrence I'd be shocked they didn't run into it during testing.

This would fall under what feels like intentional. I have no idea if it is, but it seems for what could be 3+ seconds that you identify exactly who you need to change to, yet it does not respond AT ALL, or switches you to other players.

There are problems in the neutral zone, and zone entry into your own zone for sure, but what happens under high pressure around the net and in the slot feels 100% intentional on EA's part. It would be nice if a Dev would clear up what's happening in these situations as its such a common occurrence I'd be shocked they didn't run into it during testing.

Dev:

"Gee um thats strange. Are you sure your playing on regular settings? Thats not normal. How could this be happening?!?? "

That about sums it up lol :D
  • Maybe you should only play one position.
  • so ... if we are to believe that this is intentional to create more chances, odd-man rushes, ect .. like some have posted ... is that not just another way of saying those two little words EA loves to hate and has gone so far as to have a sticky posted?
  • DanneyG wrote: »
    so ... if we are to believe that this is intentional to create more chances, odd-man rushes, ect .. like some have posted ... is that not just another way of saying those two little words EA loves to hate and has gone so far as to have a sticky posted?

No, since no one's suggesting one team has good switching and the other team bad. The bad switching mechanic affects every team on the ice. And that' s not even to mention that it's absurd to say that the bad switching is intentional. It's not -- it's just crappy programming.

• Player switching is disgustingly bad ... Keep asking for us to have the ability to change logic , when you hold the right trigger its supposed to give you the furthest man back, that rarely even works ... You can't even switch to certain players ...

I'd be happy switching from the closest player to the puck in front of the carrier, then behind and holding the button to switch to the furthest back ...
  • Socair
    2501 posts Game Changer
    Old thread closed.
    NHL Series Game Changer & Volunteer Moderator
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!