Gift of Giving Set Cooldown

Prev1
Ty_Hors
60 posts EA Staff (retired)
edited January 2017
A 60 minute cooldown has been added to the following Gift of Giving sets:
  • Any Common Gold Player for Any Jersey
  • 10 Common Gold Players for 1 Rare Gold Player

Unfortunately some users were exploiting these sets and as a result the cooldown was implemented to prevent further exploitation of them.
Post edited by Ty_Hors on

Replies

• You didn't think that this wouldn't be exploited you guys are a trip
  • how do you exploit trading in items for items?
  • Ty_Hors
    60 posts EA Staff (retired)
    edited December 2016
    To clear this up:

Users were abusing starter packs.
    how do you exploit trading in items for items?

Post edited by Ty_Hors on
  • I don't understand how clueless you guys can be. It's so frustrating being loyal to this franchise. Give us stuff to do in hut. Right now there is zero replay value. Example you go on to madden there is 500+ games to play to earn rewards. Over 200 sets to try an complete updated almost daily. You guys should have Nhl moments solo that give pack rewards and coin rewards. New sets atleast monthly example hero sets madden. New Totw an the odd player here an their does not cut it anymore. More people would buy more packs for set instead of just players. The money only sets is not going to work. Give more to do, give more rewards for playing. you will get more in return. Just look at all other Ea games even moblie.
  • this is **** i am a platnium member i spend thousands of dollars on your games and you make it so a set can be done once an hour. HOW IS THAT FAIR TO ME. I dont cheat I dont manupilate the game like others yet u screw me over. you give stuff away to people all the time for what.... yet YOU DONT TAKE CARE OF THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY SPEND MONEY!!! I WANT A RESPONSE AND I WANT A STUDIO TEAM PERSON TO CALL ME I HAVE HAD IT. I SPEND MORE THAN MOST AND YOU PUNISH ME!
  • h8ttrick
    1661 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Adding an hour cool down won't matter. People will still exploit it. Especially since you just told people how to do it.
    You also understand the cool down won't matter if they just turn in their new team and then delete it after they rip open the pack...
  • EA? ****... You build up your reputation a bit after the POOR games past 2014. Then you pull stuff like this that affects EVERYONE. I'm very close to hating on you guys again. You don't care. We know you don't.
  • WHY IS IT THAT THE PEOPLE WHO ARE LEGIT GET IGNORED YOUR ABOUT TO LOSE as i was told a very important member who spends alot of money i have had it with you not taking care of the ones who actually pay money!
  • Ty_Hors wrote: »
    To clear this up:

Users were abusing starter packs.
    how do you exploit trading in items for items?

quit ignoring me i am one who spend a ton u dont believe me LOOK IT UP PSN Boston_Shaun i want a response from a studio member i have had it!
  • I don't get it. Exploits on lame sets, fixed in 24 hrs. All other issues, if your lucky by the time NHL 22 hits the shelves
  • Even if someone doesn't spend tons of money you should still respect all of us the same! Especially if we don't manipulate the game. I still spent money on the game initially.
  • can you just have it so who ever creates a new account/team has to wait an hour instead of having EVERYONE wait?
  • So you trade in a gold card range 84 and under, have the chance of a gold silver or bronze jersey. So explain to me how this is exploiting the game? You give up decent cards to get jerseys. Your market is poor to no value for these cards and this was a great way of getting jersey as people charge to much. Would you ever think of changing it back or making it 10 cards for 10 jerseys or 15 cards for 10 jerseys, case we all love getting these cards in packs and having no resale value in them. People love buying packs to get middle level players, so maybe EAsports nhl 17 team should re look this as your team always takes and never gives and isn't Christmas the time of giving?
  • can you just have it so who ever creates a new account/team has to wait an hour instead of having EVERYONE wait?
    Problem is there's no way of knowing an honest 2nd account from an abuser. With the starter packs people were spam creating accounts and trading their free players to themselves. I was going to say more but this post has allready said too much in my opinion about the problem of multiple accounts. Perhaps EA needs to limit accounts to their game purchase utilizing pins upon account creation. It stops the farmers from farming.

• this is an example of ea not responding to users i called was told to post on forums my response was they dont respond ever
  • The NHL MARKET IS POST ww1 germany, anything of value is unaffordable and common stuff is worthless due to nobody playing the game.
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    Adding an hour cool down won't matter. People will still exploit it. Especially since you just told people how to do it.
    You also understand the cool down won't matter if they just turn in their new team and then delete it after they rip open the pack...

Yeah. This won't curb exploits at ALL, it will just hurt people doing it legit. The time only applies per account, and you only get one starter per account, so I'm failing to see how this will impact that in any way. Makes it a pain for those of us doing it legit, though.
  • Dont understand the people that work for this company, especially the ones assigned to this portion of the game. I dont know whats going on with these sets, nor do I care. Lost hope long ago.

What were they exploiting?
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.