EA Forums - Banner

Letting the AI play for you gives you the illusion of skill

Replies

• You have to let the AI do something. You can't control 5 players at once. And if you keep switching you leave players out of position.

THIS.
  • I get accused of this all the time, but the reality is this. I want to cover the slot to avoid the high percentage goals. And because I don't follow my opponents script to help them score goals they start saying I let the AI's play for me. You can't win in this community.
  • I get accused of this all the time, but the reality is this. I want to cover the slot to avoid the high percentage goals. And because I don't follow my opponents script to help them score goals they start saying I let the AI's play for me. You can't win in this community.

exactly, i only get to control one guy.
  • What if skill isn't really a thing, and it's all just in our heads.

What if this post I'm writing isn't real, if that's the case, it HUT even real? If it isn't, then this forum isn't even real....what is? What isn't? So confused these days.
  • Lamest way to play is to let your AI forecheck/backcheck/defend for you. Might as well be playing offline vs. the CPU.
  • strategg101
    823 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Lamest way to play is to let your AI forecheck/backcheck/defend for you. Might as well be playing offline vs. the CPU.

Playing goalie is the only true sign of skill :wink:

Right @HumanGoalie ? :smiley:
  • Lol I hear he is pretty good at playing forward. He is a Canadians fan so you know he eats breathes sleeps and poops hockey
  • HumanGoalie is good at the game, in all aspects... and he's a good goalie too, pretty hard to score on
  • I could score on him! But we won't ever know because I'm on Xbox one :-(
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    HumanGoalie is good at the game, in all aspects... and he's a good goalie too, pretty hard to score on

How good is he really with the goalie? I have been playing some matches with my Legend Roy and it's pretty damn hard to save decent shots.
  • hes good dude lol... trust me
  • ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    hes good dude lol... trust me

My youngest kid dose it also, totally amazing and I love the comments after the game when they can't score on him
    All in all, We are all just bricks in the wall
  • I suck at goalie. But I'm not very good in general. But I did win a d2 title
  • I suck at goalie. But I'm not very good in general. But I did win a d2 title

I have now about dozen goalie matches played and still not perfectly familiar with the controls. Need to play more to develop muscle memory. But making a big save feels so awesome.
  • 9Tialn6 wrote: »
    ESPOtheDON wrote: »
    hes good dude lol... trust me

My youngest kid dose it also, totally amazing and I love the comments after the game when they can't score on him

My brother is also A goalie in any mode of the game, i cant score on him. Hes just A jedi mind controller when it comes to opponents, he Can see your gameplan and shooting habbits After just A few shots. Its creepy
    Og'sån'er'det!

Lets be honest your letting the AI do majority of the work, thats what a scrub does bud.

Hate to break it to you!

Most likely you arent able to play defense good enough to break up the play, so you have to rely on the bots.

You say take away the slot, if you were any good at defense you could do this yourself, without letting the AI do the work for you.
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Hey dude stop. Let him play how he wants to. It is frustrating to play against people like that. However it's kind of realistic if you think about it. So quit complaining and learn to beat it! That's what I try to do. Doesn't always work of course but you know
  • When I see a guy who is constantly taking the puck around the circle to the center of the ice and shooting I do the same thing. I'll camp my mov burns right there and slam him when he comes by. I'll also camp my Bure between the 2 dmen if all they do are 1xers.
    If I see a guy doing something over and over I try and stop it. It's the folks who change it up that give me a problem
  • I have many ways to score. I seem to score lesson cross crease passes this year but will still get the occasional one. Slapper snipes are my bread and butter
  • There are so many ways to score this year. I love how they let our dmen get invloved. I love using good dmen and now it's worth it. I think scoring is well balanced. Sure there are ways to score that some may think are too easy, but I think the balance is there