EA Forums - Banner

Terrible game

This has to be the worst attempt at a good game since the new consoles have been released.

This game is so scripted with 🎃🎃🎃🎃 its crazy. I play full sim settings on all star, I used to be quite good at this game. Now with the addition of sliders it now appears to be just like every other EA game, the higher difficulty you go the dumber your team gets. My team is always in terrible positions, constantly skating directly into our own puck holders. The CPU reacts so much faster all over the ice, not to mention how their players will easily beat a 2 v 1 board battle. Every tip goal I get is a high stick, I think i have had one of them not be a high stick.
Cpu makes passes and shots that go directly through my players. Literally they will saucer pass and the instant replay shows the puck go through my players body. It is not the case when the cpu blocks the puck, they will bounce the puck directly to another player or into space for their own player. The checks are insane as well, not only do they do a perfect check weather they are chasing you or in front of you but they will constantly win a poke check. My players appear to make 3 poke checks before they can even get the puck from the CPU.
The CPU also scores crazy goals. While I am not a big shooter, I look for open shots in the slot with high perscentage scoring changes, I still out shoot my openent. Funny enough I think I MISS the net with players like turris or other high 80s mroe than I hit the net. The ratio might be something like for every 7 missed shots one goes on target. The CPU rarley misses, they also do some whack deke goal that they just deke the puck past the goalie(using L1). Constantly they score terrible goals, players shooting right at the goalies chest when they are on the door step, but it goes in.
I know people will say "mess with the sliders" but i think sliders and UT are ruining all the EA games. THey spend so much time on UT because people spend money on building a team. SLiders are just a way for developers to become lazy and tell you to "adjust how you like it" when in reality it will take hours of testing and analyzing; something i think the developers should do for us I HATE THAT the excuse is well you can change it, I bought a game shouldn't it be finished?
EA sports would be destine for failure if they did not control the capital and the players associations.
I am almost disapointed i spent $30 on this game. I am a huge NHL fan and EA sports should be ashamed in all the sports products they put out this year.
Fifa NHL and Madden were all large disapointments, only one using the "new" frostbite engine.
Shame shame Ea

Replies

• btw after 20 game on all star im 11-8-2. But the game still seems tilted in the CPU"s Favor
  • Gotta disagree about the sliders. I always want to be able to tweak my gameplay. This game has lots of gameplay issues (mostly related to AI and consistency issues) but the sliders are a great idea, and I hope they add more of them (a shot frequency slider for the CPU EA?) not less.
  • The problem with the CPU/AI's is that the engine reacts to your controller input, not what happens on the screen. This is evident when you try to check a CPU along the boards, if you push up on the stick to activate the body check the CPU automatically activates board play to avoid the hit. I've spoken about this in another thread on how the CPU has an unfair advantage vs. human players for this reason. Your best bet is to glide as much as possible (not activate any command on the controller) wait to the absolute last moment before you activate a command on the controller.
  • Mkeefer is right it's just plain awful this year. The good news is garbage like NHL 17 opens the door for other games from other developers. Example: I can't play this sludge and keep my sanity so I've found other good games to kill time.
    So instead of ea ruling the world there are other game companies that will succeed... At least until ea buys them up. I'm always hopeful for the return of 2k to at least compete and save us all from the last couple years of unplayable hockey.
  • The most annoying part is the way cpu teammates skate in this game. They get in your way when you skate up ice with the puck, they never make themselves available for a pass, in the d zone they stand around instead of building up momentum to receive a pass. On the power plays theyll all stand in the corners and on the board as if theyre too lazy to go to the front of the net, theyll never set up for a one timer thats too much work for them.
  • xxH3llsp4wNxx
    253 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    The problem with the CPU/AI's is that the engine reacts to your controller input, not what happens on the screen. This is evident when you try to check a CPU along the boards, if you push up on the stick to activate the body check the CPU automatically activates board play to avoid the hit. I've spoken about this in another thread on how the CPU has an unfair advantage vs. human players for this reason. Your best bet is to glide as much as possible (not activate any command on the controller) wait to the absolute last moment before you activate a command on the controller.
    I said the same thing and Ben swore that's not how it works...ok sorry not believing that. Anyways, this kills 6s in club. People would rather play small games because the AI advantages over human players far outweighs their disadvantages. Until that changes small teams will be the dominant population in eashl. A competitive game mode should encourage the use of all human players but eashl does the opposite. As a veteran player, but nowhere close to elite I guarantee I (along with a human goalie and the rest AI) would wipe the floor against the best 6s team in club. That should never be the case. I've challenged Ben to a similar game but he never responded. I wanted to see what he thought when his team is lucky to get 1minute of attack time while my team passes at about 95% for the game with 50 shots and 15minutes in the zone
  • Honestly never played EASHL until this year and the game was getting pretty annoying to me but try it and it will save this game for you.
  • Im this close to getting my "money back gurantee" from EA. Its so frustrating.

some more terrible points
    Gargabe goals: This is a common thing in Hockey, in this game instead of players punching in garbage goals it waits for your player to receive the puck and then shoot. With the controller delay this always means cpu hits you before your team can poke in a garbage goal. I have tried to poke the puck but simply my players are clueless

Board play: No matter what the match up 2v1 1v1 cpu on offense will have the advantage. Many goals in this game happen because the cpu powers through my double team on the boards to pass to a wide open goal.

Goalies: My goalie always seems to be nurfed and no matter who im playing they appear to be Gary Price. I have even seen a rolling puck come to a complete stop before it passes the line, this has never been a thing for the cpu. The Goalies are

The higher difficulty you play the more handicap the CPU has, i can't play games that require little skill. It's sad but I think EA has made all their sports games much easier and noob friendly creating much more luck dependent games(including FIFA and Madden).
    EA sports is a monopoly, I wish players associations would no longer deal with them due to their terribly diminishing quality products. Don't even get me started on their servers.
    Fifa introduced assisted controls which made the game incredibly easy and required no skill. No skill means more poeple can play which means more people whom will buy the game......EA needs competition to breed a better product.
  • mkeefer29 wrote: »
    Fifa NHL and Madden were all large disapointments, only one using the "new" frostbite engine.

I've quit playing FIFA 17 already, been playing PES 2017 more often. Madden however is significantly improved compared to what Madden 25 was, Madden 25 was beyond frustrating and Madden 15 wasn't bad and 16 feels much the same as 15 but 17 is so much better and is the most fun since Madden 09.
  • Playing offline is a joke.. be a pro and playing games in gm mode is boring as hell to me because CPU is garbage for me and cheap as the opponent. Stick to eashl it's actually fun
  • SharlonD wrote: »
    Playing offline is a joke.. be a pro and playing games in gm mode is boring as **** to me because CPU is garbage for me and cheap as the opponent. Stick to eashl it's actually fun

This might shock you, but you aren't the world. I know it's painful to hear, but just because you prefer something, doesn't mean others do as well. Now, this is probably the first time you're hearing this, so go have a cup of hot chocolate and lie down. SMDH.
  • DeejNYLV wrote: »
    SharlonD wrote: »
    Playing offline is a joke.. be a pro and playing games in gm mode is boring as **** to me because CPU is garbage for me and cheap as the opponent. Stick to eashl it's actually fun

This might shock you, but you aren't the world. I know it's painful to hear, but just because you prefer something, doesn't mean others do as well. Now, this is probably the first time you're hearing this, so go have a cup of hot chocolate and lie down. SMDH.

What the heck are you talking about I was simply saying offline is no fun for me so maybe try playing EASHL because I actually enjoy it.. the op sounds like he's not enjoying offline so I was offering a suggesting.. I think you're the one that needs to lie down with some cocoa and a box of tissues