EA Forums - Banner

Settle Down on the Weak Goals

Prev1
Come on EA lets cool it with all the weak ones...to many one-times from the point going in that are effortless... drop it and pass accros and one-time and its through a crowd and in...at least 1-2 a game these days

Replies

• You know how frustrating it is to lose the Div title when you triple a guys time on attack, have a team that's 10x better and out shoot him 30-10 and he scores 4 goals on 10 shots that are all complete garbage?
  • Hey that's the way I play. I hope it does make you mad!

But seriously it's about quality chances
  • Unfortunately the games so connection based
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    Hey that's the way I play. I hope it does make you mad!

You play to take as few opportunities as possible then ? Perhaps you just realize that the less you do, the more you get... because this game is all about balancing the scale so it's fun for everyone. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, but in NHL 17, you score on 50% of the shots you take when you are being severely out played haha

Sometimes less is more.
  • Every game every oppoent the goals are the exact same. Use a bomber from the point... backhand to forehand... out from the corner... im seeing a lot less slot shot this year compared to last. Different generation playing the game, louis said it best. Our gen might have developed this stuff but its wasted on the new ones.
  • Why ain't you set your 4 lines to complete block shots? Sometimes the come through with their point shots, but my players block much more then my opponent scores.
  • Shot block bruh, shoots from point with doughty is my favorite thing. Matter a fact point play was useless last year and I love it how the developer's put point play in
  • Change your strategies, I have Collapse Protect net works, less likely to see the pucks get threw!!
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • ABUSEU905 wrote: »
    he scores 4 goals on 10 shots that are all complete garbage?

This. This is beyond soul crushing when playing. To me, it's not even about TOA. However, when I am or feel like I am controlling the play, and some d-canoe just skates down the ice and pops one in...then does it on the Very next shot? No wonder I'm on controller #5 this year.
  • My goalies just let out the worst rebounds and refuse to cover the puck.

I went ten games with Kolzig allowing no higher than 2 goals. I'm my last 4, he's allowed 4 or more....such garbage
  • ABUSEU905 wrote: »
    You know how frustrating it is to lose the Div title when you triple a guys time on attack, have a team that's 10x better and out shoot him 30-10 and he scores 4 goals on 10 shots that are all complete garbage?

Don't they look almost scripted? Those are every 10-15 games in while this happens and feels like u r just stuck there watching this garbage. And when u try to mount a comeback, you hit the post and crossbar at least 5 times. Now **** is that?

I bleed hockey!!!!!!!!!!
  • Since I started rolling with B1 it's just great.
  • Is this forum literally for people to just come on and complain about the game?

Stop playing.

That will end your struggles.
  • smokin666 wrote: »
    ABUSEU905 wrote: »
    You know how frustrating it is to lose the Div title when you triple a guys time on attack, have a team that's 10x better and out shoot him 30-10 and he scores 4 goals on 10 shots that are all complete garbage?

Don't they look almost scripted? Those are every 10-15 games in while this happens and feels like u r just stuck there watching this garbage. And when u try to mount a comeback, you hit the post and crossbar at least 5 times. Now **** is that?

"Scripted" is the exact word...because you just watch miss after miss and you already know your going to loose... One-Ts that would otherwise be sure goals end up as a miss or broken stick...its nuts considering the fact that the market has so many players with 90+ shooting....that to me means they should miss the net 1 out of 10 times and not 9 out of 10
  • h8ttrick wrote: »
    Hey that's the way I play. I hope it does make you mad!

agreed... I am the same way...
  • I think most players it will agree that it's NOT about quality chances.....AT ALL!!

Some shots that don't have any business going in just go in! And it has been happening a ridiculous amount of times this year to just about everybody.
  • Think about it...how hard is it to come in the zone...drop it back and pass over an one time it... doesn't take a lot of skill and frankly if one went in a game I would not be mad but when multiple goals go in same style and im missing open nets I know Im cooked