EA Forums - Banner

NHL 17 Human Goalie Feedback Thread

Replies

• Speaking of human goalies, can someone tell me why Enroth and Bernier still have a job???? They are just as bad as the NHL 17 goalies......
  • Human goalies at their finest?

Oh how I wish I could play the position this way EVERY Game... No glitches. No weird inputs. No wonky animations. Even if I had lost that game, I'd have been extremely happy with how I was able to dominate in that game.
  • This game is so **** annoying I can't make a rebound recovery save to save my **** life in this game. No reactions.
  • It's tough to make saves like that in this game. The best way I found to be able to do that is to use the double-trigger save technique. For some reason doing that allows you to move side to side more freely. I've been able to get a few rebound recovery saves doing this.
  • [yt]

All good.
  • [yt]

More
  • [yt]

This is how you tend.
  • [yt]

Same game #2.
  • [yt]

Goalie interference, doesn't matter.
  • LOL! The puck physics in this game sometimes!
  • Why is the Dev team not mentioning about the Right Stick shooting puck getting stuck animation in the new patch? they avoiding it like the plague this is a huge issue for Human goalies who like to shoot it up the ice.. That whole last patch was suppose to help Human goalies and that bug kills the whole patch and everything it stands for
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Human goalies at their finest?

Oh how I wish I could play the position this way EVERY Game... No glitches. No weird inputs. No wonky animations. Even if I had lost that game, I'd have been extremely happy with how I was able to dominate in that game.

Gotta love games like that, when they work in your favor. Gotta be good to be lucky and lucky to be good.. Yellow was awful.

GG man.

• VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Human goalies at their finest?

Great game!

I've had quite a few like that lately and they're becoming a lot more frequent while those **** "EA" goals are becoming a lot less frequent.

It's maybe taken over 200-250 games but now I'm confident I can outplay and beat the opposing goalie (regardless of the teams in front of us) 8-9 games out of 10 whether it's Club or Drop In.

I need to learn how to record and save games/clips properly on PS4. The other night I made this huge save but was in a rush to record it because I didn't want to keep my club mates waiting. Sorry for the quality and the fact it's in high speed and only from the one angle.

55l8xy.jpg

Nice diving save!

And yes, I've found that I play my best when my mind is calm. It's like I can see everything. Just had a few games last night with my old XSHL crew, played as goalie 2 games in Div 1 and we completely demolished our opponents. I had over 15 shots in each game and only gave up 1 a piece. Jut before I had two big games in drop-ins. I literally held a team in the game until late in the third where we scored 2 quick goals to seal the deal.

I got messages from both sides afterwards congratulating me on a great game. ;)
  • Net, music, strong alcoholic beverages and me dont mix. :lol: .
  • Same here, I need to be **** with someone to put my mind at ease, otherwise I think too much and it usually involves me letting in a few softies.

I'll guess my Save percentage is a .790 when playing solo and a .830 when I have someone to talk to. Really weird.
  • Having had a few more games in a competitive scene now, my biggest issue has become post hugging. It's so sluggish. Sticking to and unsticking from the posts takes forever. The goalie still comes off the post on shots from the goal line (why??). Pucks can go through our pads, even when you hug the post in VH or RVH. Going paddle down helps on those situations, but then you have to get stuck in paddle down shuffle if you want to move away from the post. And the camera angle while the puck is behind the net can sometimes affect our inputs.

Combine all that together and it becomes very difficult for a goalie to manage his crease effectively. I'm not sure what can be done to fix that for this year, but definitely things have to be improved for the next game. Our animations need to be quicker (saves, puck cover, post leans, etc). We need to be able to chain into multiple saves from multiple positions. We need to be able to use our sticks to intercept/block passes around our posts, near the goal line. We need to be able to toggle between states (t-push, lateral steps, butterfly shuffle) a lot more effectively. Tracking the puck has to be smoother.
  • I think most of the fixes this year should be simple, and should definitely be fixed for NHL 18. Basically everything in the post above ^

Plus increasing better cover the puck speed or animations and bubbles around the posts.
  • I think most of the fixes this year should be simple, and should definitely be fixed for NHL 18. Basically everything in the post above ^

Plus increasing better cover the puck speed or animations and bubbles around the posts.

Players take advantage of everything when you play competitively. My team's in the playoffs now, we just squeaked into round 2 thanks to some amazing players on our team. One of the players on the opposing team had 7 goals in that series on like 40+ shots. Now you might say "oh, 17% shooting, that sounds about right", and you wouldn't be wrong.

Except that every one of his goals came from him skating over the blue line and chucking a hail mary rainbow shot across the grain. In the game I played vs him, he tried that sh*te 12 times. I stopped his 11 first tries by standing absolutely still. Then he got lucky on the 12th shot as I tried to re-position myself a TINY bit just before he shot.

It's a little silly that goalies have to stand perfectly still to stop these types of shots, when the game is moving so fast and players are all over the ice. Standing still like that creates every opportunity for savy teams to just have their wingers go low and wide in the zone and then they have three options. If the shooter coming into the zone see the goalie just standing still, he can go right or left to the wingers for a quick one timer goal that will catch the goalie flat footed. If he sees the goalie track him, he lobs a weak wrister cross-grain that will go in 99% of the time if you try to play it like a real goalie would.