EA Forums - Banner

If this isn't ice tilt, I don't know what is

Prev13
I can't come up with any other explanation. Maybe somebody here can help me out. If you watch carefully the puck magically gets directed at the net at 13 seconds as well, but my goalie makes the save.

Replies

• Stupid video and stupid urgument.
  • jgates0 wrote: »
    I can't come up with any other explanation. Maybe somebody here can help me out. If you watch carefully the puck magically gets directed at the net at 13 seconds as well, but my goalie makes the save.

Those type of **** things happen all the time, which is a big part of the game's frustration. I swear the defenders turn into complete idiots when they interact with the puck around the net.
  • Really a puck battle no one could get control of it and it deflected in. Funny no one gets upset when it goes in for them but cry ice tilt when they get a bad goals against. It's a video game it will never be perfect.
  • It's not Ice tilt. it's a glitch/bug/bad programming.
  • Rangersny81
    173 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    The only thing that is consistent about this game is that it's inconsistent.
  • bad programming?

REALLY?

You guys dont see that puck warp RIGHT to the opponents stick for an OPEN goal?

I swear some of you are just blind.

Thats not bad programming .. or it would happen ALL THE TIME .. not at select times. This crap happens to keep games close, to give a chance, to keep you on your toes.

• DanneyG wrote: »
    bad programming?

REALLY?

Thats not bad programming .. or it would happen ALL THE TIME .. not at select times. This **** happens to keep games close, to give a chance, to keep you on your toes.

Why would you think bad programming would happen ALL THE TIME? It's bad programming because it violates the game's own rules of physics, and that by definition can't happen all the time.

Anyway, stuff like this happens constantly, and there's no evidence that it happens more against good teams than bad ones (which is what it would have to do for it to be ice tilt). This is yet another example of the incredibly inconsistent physics in the game, the magnetic pucks, etc.

• DanneyG
    85 posts Member
    edited December 2016

Bmh245 wrote: »
    DanneyG wrote: »
    bad programming?

REALLY?

Thats not bad programming .. or it would happen ALL THE TIME .. not at select times. This **** happens to keep games close, to give a chance, to keep you on your toes.

Why would you think bad programming would happen ALL THE TIME? It's bad programming because it violates the game's own rules of physics, and that by definition can't happen all the time.

Anyway, stuff like this happens constantly
    , and there's no evidence that it happens more against good teams than bad ones (which is what it would have to do for it to be ice tilt). This is yet another example of the incredibly inconsistent physics in the game, the magnetic pucks, etc.

So what your saying is these things happen constantly, and bad programming by definition cannot happen all the time, so I guess it is infact ice tilt. Thanks. :)

It is in the game.

Call it ice tilt, catchup logic, preprogrammed events triggered by variables in game stats, what ever you wanna call it, its all the same and all adds up to a dishonest experience.

And yes, code like this has been found in the NHL games on the PC, which like I said it is my belief EA discontinued the series on PC because our communities like C yber NHL, DMD/Breakaway, NHLDepot and a slew of others had REAL talented people that tore the games a new **** year after year and corrected ALL of EA's bullspit mistakes and laziness.
    Post edited by DanneyG on
    Its not inconsistent though ... it consistently happens when you control the opposition for a small chunk of time.

Go play franchise and watch how all of the above happens, and take note of when, what the score is. You will see a pattern. Its ALWAYS when you dominate, its the artificial swing in momentum in the game, when there otherwise wouldn't be one.

I, unlike most who play EASHL/HUT am and have been since the days of NHL2000 an offline player. Ive played the season/franchise/dynasty modes to death, and this is the one constant that is ALWAYS in the game. It is extremely evident.

In HUT, which I have limited experience in, single player, same thing, online, same thing.

Personally, and Ive only played 25 games of EASHL, but I have not noticed an instance of this, although pretty much every game I played in was 6v6 so no AI players.

It is the parity creator to keep novice/casual players happy when playing and spending.
    This is exactly why I cannot and have not played offline since I can remember. And yes, if you have AI on the ice in club it's the exact same stuff. I have basically only played club since 09 and the more AI the other team has the harder it gets for the team with more humans to win. This is totally unacceptable for a competitive game mode.

• Looks like brilliant EA logic. Bet it was a pivotal GA late in the game too.

But people hate the game because it is too real. LOL
  • that's because this is the worst game of all time, sold it yesterday and don't miss it at all
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    Anyway, stuff like this happens constantly[/b], and there's no evidence that it happens more against good teams than bad ones (which is what it would have to do for it to be ice tilt). This is yet another example of the incredibly inconsistent physics in the game, the magnetic pucks, etc.

So what your saying is these things happen constantly, and bad programming by definition cannot happen all the time, so I guess it is infact ice tilt. Thanks. :)

It is in the game.

Call it ice tilt, catchup logic, preprogrammed events triggered by variables in game stats, what ever you wanna call it, its all the same and all adds up to a dishonest experience.

It's not all the same. If there were catchup logic, stuff like this would happen mostly against the team that's ahead. If there were ice tilt, it would happen mostly against stronger teams. But stuff like this happens to strong teams and weak ones, teams that are ahead and teams that are behind. It's not ice tilt. It's bad programming.
  • Pr0xY00 wrote: »
    It's not Ice tilt. it's a glitch/bug/bad programming.

You're east bound and down.
  • Really a puck battle no one could get control of it and it deflected in. Funny no one gets upset when it goes in for them but cry ice tilt when they get a bad goals against. It's a video game it will never be perfect.

1109eft.jpg
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Ice Tilt doesn't exist. Its lag that gives the impression that there is ice tilt. We have no way to verify if you in fact used your controller or if input lag was the culprit. I will say that getting the puck from and around the net is a valid argument and needs to be addressed. In real hockey players rarely have issues fishing the puck from around the net. I routinely hold my breath anytime I retrieve the puck from the net, its a crap shoot.
  • COGSx86 wrote: »
    Really a puck battle no one could get control of it and it deflected in. Funny no one gets upset when it goes in for them but cry ice tilt when they get a bad goals against. It's a video game it will never be perfect.

1109eft.jpg

if you guys think for one minute thats how puck battles happen in the NHL you guys are either blind, dumb or just ignorant to get a rise out of people.

I have NEVER seen a puck battle in hockey where 3 players and a goalie cannot see to even TOUCH the puck inside a 2 foot radius. Astonishing puck skills on display.

Wait I take that back, I have seen this.

When my 6 year old plays and they all fall around the puck trying to get it but too damn excited.

Maybe this is the hockey EA is looking for.

EASports presents Squirts Hockey League!

Call it programming ... there is programming in this game that kicks in during moments to keep this game close, to add excitement, to make the game fun for those that simply do NOT know hockey.

The casual fan.