EA Forums - Banner

Update this garbage so we can play

Prev13456
Can we get an update so the game works correctly? It's been out a couple months now and it's almost Christmas. Look at these forums that should be full of sweet goals and strategy talk and hockey arguments. Instead they're full of angry gamers explaining how badly botched this series has become.
Come on guys who call yourselves developers... Develop already for the love of hockey at least update so we can freakin play

Replies

• The forums have been like this for 8 years+, why would it change ? even if you have a good game, someone will find fault with it.

You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • Tier1SOFOperator
    496 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Some people just are not happy with anything. I am not one of those people. This is the only hockey game on the market. It's not perfect. Nothing is, but it's a great game made on a small budget by a very bright and hard working development team. These guys are extremely passionate about hockey and they strive to create to best hockey sim possible with limited resources.

Post edited by Tier1SOFOperator on
  • Some people just are not happy with anything. I am not one of those people. This is the only hockey game on the market. It's not perfect. Nothing is, but it's a great game made on a small budget by a very bright and hard working development team. These guys are extremely passionate about hockey and they strive to create to best hockey sim possible with limited resources.

You forgot to mention that you are talking about OFFLINE.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    Some people just are not happy with anything. I am not one of those people. This is the only hockey game on the market. It's not perfect. Nothing is, but it's a great game made on a small budget by a very bright and hard working development team. These guys are extremely passionate about hockey and they strive to create to best hockey sim possible with limited resources.

The developers have nothing to do with crap servers or a junk internet connection.

• Well that's my firs post in this forum,but I have read a lot of posts and topics,especially after NHL 17 came out,my point is that's the 100th thread I have read about how bad the game is,and how the developers should step on it.People the game is faaaar from perfect,and yes they should do a better job delivering patches and tuners quicker,but honestly,complaining with EVERY SINGLE POST about everything is not going to get the job done,is it? I mean it is fine if you complain about the issues that you encounter,but not with every post.
  • SteelCitySnipr66
    44 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Enjoy nhl 16.2, NHL 16.3 and NHL 16.4 for the next few years. I can say NHL 16.2 was enough for me. They are a small market dev team and thats cool, but most of our bank accounts i assure you are lower than most of that small market dev team. If they get a pass on the junk that is released, surely i get a bigger pass for not buying it.

Rammer is probably pulling in a pretty nice penny from this small market, yet you defend this horrible game and teams effort? Lol i've seen it all. I wonder if they'd come to your work and defend you when you completely took a product and nose dived it the past 5 years? Doubt it. Let people get rich on your stupidity. Not mine. You'll grow up one day and see.
  • Small budget or limited resources is no excuse for NHL17. Its more of an explanation of why everyone is so upset. This is E stinking A we're talking about. Small budget teams with limited resources make indie games that cost ten bucks. This video game behemoth company made NHL and their NHL dev team. If this game is this bad because of a small budget or limited resources, it should be reflected in the retail price.
    In my dream NHL gets fixed and becomes so popular even non hockey fans get into it because it's so fun - like hockey games have been from the past. With "limited resources" the game should be made playable and fair and even, creating an open sandbox that players use to determine what happens in game. Instead they add in useless bugged non-features like celebrations and props and copy last year's product over and over, and the AI determines what happens in game.
    When I work on a small team with limited resources, it prompts me to work harder and focus more on the main goal of the finished product. Is that what happened? What is the main goal of the NHL dev team? It should be fun playable fair even open hockey, but obviously its become the opposite of all of these things.
  • Small budget or limited resources is no excuse for NHL17. Its more of an explanation of why everyone is so upset. This is E stinking A we're talking about. Small budget teams with limited resources make indie games that cost ten bucks. This video game behemoth company made NHL and their NHL dev team. If this game is this bad because of a small budget or limited resources, it should be reflected in the retail price.
    In my dream NHL gets fixed and becomes so popular even non hockey fans get into it because it's so fun - like hockey games have been from the past. With "limited resources" the game should be made playable and fair and even, creating an open sandbox that players use to determine what happens in game. Instead they add in useless bugged non-features like celebrations and props and copy last year's product over and over, and the AI determines what happens in game.
    When I work on a small team with limited resources, it prompts me to work harder and focus more on the main goal of the finished product. Is that what happened? What is the main goal of the NHL dev team? It should be fun playable fair even open hockey, but obviously its become the opposite of all of these things.

yeeeeeeeeeeah.... exactly like the game used to be when EASHL was fun, had a progression system for players and full customization.

it's amazing isn't it?

my friends and i don't even watch basketball, yet purchased 2K's basketball game and have a blast playing it.

totes cray-cray, huh?
  • "The forums have been like this for 8 years+, why would it change ? even if you have a good game, someone will find fault with it."

You are being a little bias because you like the game, I've been here many years as well and yes there are always complaints but since NHL 13 the anger and hate have been at all time highs.

There are more complaints now than every before, the NHL community is shrinking because decision makers have their head in the sand, letting it burn because of pride I guess.
  • RSall14 wrote: »

The developers have nothing to do with **** servers or a junk internet connection.

This is not correct. Obviously the Devs can't control someone's internet speeds, but (poor) programming does influence how your game connects to online servers.
  • Well that's my firs post in this forum,but I have read a lot of posts and topics,especially after NHL 17 came out,my point is that's the 100th thread I have read about how bad the game is,and how the developers should step on it.People the game is faaaar from perfect,and yes they should do a better job delivering patches and tuners quicker,but honestly,complaining with EVERY SINGLE POST about everything is not going to get the job done,is it? I mean it is fine if you complain about the issues that you encounter,but not with every post.

It's not about delivering patches/tuners anymore. It's about releasing [email protected]@sed product in the first place, like they've done the last 3 titles. That's what frustrates me anyway...all of these glaring errors staring us online players right in the face since release. It's like the word 'testing' got thrown out the window and the CFO was like 'fk it, get it on the shelves. Oh and drop a special HuT pack every other day'.
  • Sounds about right, though I think the term Beta is a bit too much. I was thinking Pre-Alpha is more fitting to what we have today and what we've had the last few years. The last games that didn't deserve the Beta tag were 15 and Legacy, and that's because they were basically copy/paste jobs of 14. Funny thing is that through all that Legacy still had a few glaring issues that 14 did.
  • I love the eashl gameplay.. some people will complain no matter what tho.. I almost never here complaints when playing drop in it's the same 20-40 people that lurk in this forum that are complaining every year and I'm sure the devs see that and take it with a grain of salt
  • SharlonD wrote: »
    I love the eashl gameplay.. some people will complain no matter what tho.. I almost never here complaints when playing drop in it's the same 20-40 people that lurk in this forum that are complaining every year and I'm sure the devs see that and take it with a grain of salt

****! The majority of the talking that I hear in drop ins is people complaining about this game.

Shhhh, SharlonD is a top point scorer for dmen in drop ins and doesn't use his microphone. Let him enjoy the game in his naive world.
  • SharlonD wrote: »
    I love the eashl gameplay.. some people will complain no matter what tho.. I almost never here complaints when playing drop in it's the same 20-40 people that lurk in this forum that are complaining every year and I'm sure the devs see that and take it with a grain of salt

****! The majority of the talking that I hear in drop ins is people complaining about this game.

Shhhh, SharlonD is a top point scorer for dmen in drop ins and doesn't use his microphone. Let him enjoy the game in his naive world.

Total e-athlete.
  • I actually think the first and second?.. tuner/patch was good. The third (or second not sure) made the game lag loads and just become awkward to play.
  • SharlonD
    82 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    SharlonD wrote: »

Thanks for the recognition
  • Can we get an update so the game works correctly? It's been out a couple months now and it's almost Christmas. Look at these forums that should be full of sweet goals and strategy talk and hockey arguments. Instead they're full of angry gamers explaining how badly botched this series has become.
    Come on guys who call yourselves developers... Develop already for the love of hockey at least update so we can freakin play
    I'm actually having fun playing this year; I'm optimistic about all of the changes for the better that have been made. I've had quite a few good games that were real hockey. Win or lose a good game is one that was played fairly and I'm happy to experience that this year.
    Well which is it there sparky?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.