EA Forums - Banner

Punish quitters in EASHL

Prev134
There has to be a penalty for the losers that quit the moment something doesn't go their way.. it's not fair to players like me that play the entire game no matter what to have to deal with CPU because people can't handle adversity in a video game. Quitters should be frozen from eashl for at least 15 minutes I garauntee quitting would go down by 30 percent

Replies

• It ain't ever gonna happen bro. Been trying to get this for YEARS, always falls on deaf ears
  • The reason why there isnt a penalty is because, I dont think EA can determine whether you lagged out or quit out.

With the way EAs servers are, if i lagg out, now im being penalized for it and having to wait sucks.

And that would **** ppl off even more
  • There is no incentive to play, there is no incentive to not quit. No progression, regression or impact from grades being good or bad.

The game mode is bland. Stale. It is what it is but apparently there is a small group who absolutely love it the way it is (cough LGers cough).

Enjoy.
  • Merc572 wrote: »
    The reason why there isnt a penalty is because, I dont think EA can determine whether you lagged out or quit out.

With the way EAs servers are, if i lagg out, now im being penalized for it and having to wait ****.

And that would **** ppl off even more

This is probably the reason. I have a strong connection and still have a DNF of around 5% due to disconnects either on my end or my playing partner's end. The server's are one of the most frustrating parts of this game and to disconnect and then be penalized due to the server's issues would be incredibly frustrating.

I know rocket league penalizes you for quitting by imposing a 15 minute ban (or thereabouts), but they also allow you to rejoin a match in case you disconnected. Something like this would be a nice feature. For instance you get disconnected but your team is allowed to play for the next minute while you attempt to reconnect, otherwise it is a forfeit and a 15 minute ban.

The one thing I am not sure about is if you get the 150 point completion bonus if the other team quits. There have been a few times where the opposing team will quit with under a minute remaining and I would guess it is because the completion bonus doesn't register for you, and instead of getting 200 points for a win and 150 points for completion you would only get the 200 pts. Again this is only speculation as you can't actually see the club progression after a disconnect.
  • EASHL - OTP 2 very different things
    You must unlearn what you have learned!
  • There is no incentive to play, there is no incentive to not quit. No progression, regression or impact from grades being good or bad.

The game mode is bland. Stale. It is what it is but apparently there is a small group who absolutely love it the way it is (cough LGers cough).

Enjoy.

Thats the biggest problem there is no incentive to play good.

Competitive rating is useless, you can still unlock all the equipment and cellys by still playing bad and wrecking others experience.

Hate to say it but at least back when we had attributes and the cards to level up and grades actually meant something, people actually tried or cared about it most of the time.

I know once ppl hit L3 it didn't matter after that but there were things EA could of done to prevent that.
  • Games like WoW punished players with a 'flag' if they quit the battlegrounds (BG's), whether it was a disconnect or not.

More often than not, players quit because they're losing and/or they don't think they can come back with the teammates they have. Funny, when I queue up for 6's drop-ins (I try to avoid...) it's always the same. Before the first period ends, at least half the players on both teams quit regardless who's winning or losing. I highly doubt the majority of those players were disconnected.

So I'm all for 'flagging' quitters and/or players that disconnect, even if it wasn't their fault; just give them a 15 minute time-out.
  • CR means nothing..not even sure why this was added. Players say it's a way to improve matchmaking but my team is constantly matched up against other teams that we are way ahead of. Played a 6's game last night where the other team's CR's were anywhere from the low 300's - mid 400's...most of my team has a CR over 800 at this point. Complete blowout.

Enjoy.

My incentive to play is having fun you should look into it.. and yes I love the way eashl gameplay and builds is
  • SharlonD wrote: »
    There is no incentive to play, there is no incentive to not quit. No progression, regression or impact from grades being good or bad.

Enjoy.

My incentive to play is having fun you should look into it.. and yes I love the way eashl gameplay and builds is

I have "looked into it".

And it's not as fun.
  • SharlonD wrote: »
    There is no incentive to play, there is no incentive to not quit. No progression, regression or impact from grades being good or bad.

Enjoy.

I have "looked into it".

And it's not as fun.

Here's the thing when I play for fun, **** bag mcgee likes to rag the puck, go offsides, take penalties and not pass the puck.

Which in turn makes everyone else do the same whole game screwed

Which sucks the fun out of the game. So whats left...............

At least with grades/cards meaning something i can play my position, play defensively and luckily get a cpl points while superstar puck hogs and dangles all game.

Im not saying bringing back attributes is the answer but playing games to unlock visuals and to get a new celly,Is not the way to make people play as a team.

• Bring back team celebrations/hugs for goals and even wins but if a players grades aren't high enough they don't get to participate in them. HA!

LOL! Love it!
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Can we start making the distinction between Club and Drop-in when we talk about EASHL because they are two VASTLY different experiences...
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Merc572 wrote: »
    SharlonD wrote: »

Enjoy.

I have "looked into it".

And it's not as fun.

Here's the thing when I play for fun, **** bag mcgee likes to rag the puck, go offsides, take penalties and not pass the puck.

Which in turn makes everyone else do the same whole game screwed

Which **** the fun out of the game. So whats left...............

At least with grades/cards meaning something i can play my position, play defensively and luckily get a cpl points while superstar puck hogs and dangles all game.

Im not saying bringing back attributes is the answer but playing games to unlock visuals and to get a new celly,Is not the way to make people play as a team.

I will be that guy.

Yes, yes indeed grades and progression kept the Simple Jacks in check to some degree.

Millennials operate in safe spaces with no punishment for personal failure.