EA Forums - Banner

Wish List for Future NHL games.

I really love what you guys did with GM mode, making it now more like the owner mode where you control finances and what not. It would be cool if a few things could happen.

1. maybe make an open slot to add custom home/away jersey in GM mode, as if you were creating a team, except it adds a jersey to your team as well as having the normal jerseys. Also when you relocate your team, allow the teams old jerseys to still be used. i.e. move the Hurricanes to Hartford, but still allow the Hurricanes jersey to be used after the relocation.

2. Sponsorship options, where you make revenue based on sponsorships. Board sponsors, on ice sponsors, maybe PA announcement sponsors (MLB 2k baseball did something like this (with fake sponsorships)) but would be cool to see you get deals with real companies and we can choose which one to sponsor our team around our arena.

3. Create an arena but NOT relocate and also edit your ICE surface after each season. For instance, It would be cool to be able to change for instance the Wells Fargo Center, center ice logo from the Flyers one last year, to the one this year, and at seasons end switch it back or use something else entirely, at least have that option.

4. Also would be cool if each team that has hosted an outdoor game have the option of hosting one outdoor game per year on GM mode and bringing back all the outdoor stadiums EA has a right to create. So mostly the NFL Stadiums.

5. Make the ECHL games playable as well as the AHL.

6. When you first start GM Mode, make it possible to swap out AHL/ECHL teams for created teams. Also make relocating those teams possible too. So if I want to move the Lehigh Valley Phantoms back to Philadelphia, that would be pretty cool to do. Or have contracts with those teams and after your contract expires, you have to renegotiate contracts or find a new affiliate (like in real life).

In Be A Pro Mode, I love it except for a few things.

1. Bring back the interviews post game and the way it effects how fans/teammates/coaches/GM feels about you. I think that missing really hurts.

2. Bring back the demand trade option (which will effect the ratings as mentioned in spot 1).

3. I played an entire season of CHL (QMJHL) and broke Mario Lemieux's single season QMJHL record of 133 and somehow my player drafted in the 2nd round still with pick 33... it didn't make sense to me. Maybe adding the records to the 3 CHL leagues into the game.

I think with EASHL you should be able to sign your AI players and have a "Salary" to fill open roster spots.. Because sometimes I feel like, when lets say we get "Jimmy Carter" as our goalie, but the other teams AI goalie for some reason just is that much better than our goalie, but our defenseman will be better than their defenseman, it's so random. I think giving teams a salary, and also, to make EASHL more like EA HUT, where your team gets coins and your players get coins instead of experience to unlock things. We should have to buy our new arena with coins not level up to get a new arena, if that makes sense.

GM mode def. my favorite, but just putting my 2 cents in on what I think could make this game so much better and hopefully (eventually) be put on top of 2k Basketball and Madden NFL. FIFA is a whole nother ball game though..

Replies

• These are some of the most random ideas I've ever seen. None of it translates to a better hockey experience, especially the EASHL idea. Making EASHL like HuT is a horrible idea because that'll just bring on more micro-transactions...like we need that!

Your offline ideas I have no opinion(s) on, for lack of playing in those modes.
  • Since 09 we've had wish lists galore, and from 09 thru 12 the online game play was fun so of course we wanted more content, more modes, etc.

However then came NHL 13, since then the online gameplay has suffered greatly, TPS is terrible and the new hybrid vision control only works somewhat.

So... the wish list that really matters is

1. Remove TPS
    2. Bring back classic vision control
    3. Add/improve servers and net/routing code/programming

These 3 things would give us the most fun hockey game we've had in many many years, of course this is all about online play.

You have to separate offline from online wish lists, they are very different.
  • sgiz1 wrote: »
    Since 09 we've had wish lists galore, and from 09 thru 12 the online game play was fun so of course we wanted more content, more modes, etc.

However then came NHL 13, since then the online gameplay has suffered greatly, TPS is terrible and the new hybrid vision control only works somewhat.

So... the wish list that really matters is

1. Remove TPS
    2. Bring back classic vision control
    3. Add/improve servers and net/routing code/programming

These 3 things would give us the most fun hockey game we've had in many many years, of course this is all about online play.

You have to separate offline from online wish lists, they are very different.

Add defensive skill stick too. Insane that we cannot hold a stick out in passing lanes.....
  • The only focus should be core gameplay.
  • Gm connected god dammit!
  • A gm connected that works just like the offline gm mode!!
  • symmer1983 wrote: »
    The only focus should be core gameplay.

Agreed. Fix the clunkiness. So hard to move. Find a happy medium between TPS and pre.
  • Add a Midwest server so east and west can play a fair game.
  • Add a Midwest server so east and west can play a fair game.

Should provide a more consistent online team play experience, right?