EA Forums - Banner

Summary of 80% of topics here

Prev13
1. People who hate what the game has become complaining about its brokenness and want it fixed and calling out those who disagree as utterly stupid and/or talentless scrubs
2. People who dont hate the game and cant understand all the hatred and calling group 1 a bunch of nostalgic whiners and/or talentless scrubs

Did I miss anything? Was this place always this tedious?
Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.

Replies

  • It was that way for the 3 years I lurked before posting. Still is. Always will be.
  • Been here since 2010.

    There is griping every year, but.. since NHL 13 the griping has increased year by year and our community gets smaller and smaller year by year.

    Back in 2010 thru 2012 these boards were lively, mostly in regards to the incredible EASHL community, the game had a cult following.
  • EA expects this, and no this is not a new thing. Keep selling half-a$$ed products and expect your consumers to attack you via any channel they can find.

    Pretty soon I expect a thread to go up telling people they can no longer talk about the broken physics engine, a la the 'ice tilt' thread they used have pinned on here.

  • Well, there used to be lots of posts describing issues and ideas on fixing them. Calls for giving the defense full stick control. Talk about goalie styles, and how to make them all react like individuals. Ideas on how to fix passing and taking control of the right player. You know what happens after years of trying to help and being ignored? People stop caring.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    1. People who hate what the game has become complaining about its brokenness and want it fixed and calling out those who disagree as utterly stupid and/or talentless scrubs
    2. People who dont hate the game and cant understand all the hatred and calling group 1 a bunch of nostalgic whiners and/or talentless scrubs

    Did I miss anything? Was this place always this tedious?

    You totes missed the flamesession that was the year EASHL was left out.


  • Yup, it's the whiners that can't compete anymore because the physics are becoming more realistic, sorry xxxsnipeymcdangles69xxx, your offensive OP days are over. They complain, we call em out. Rinse wash repeat
  • Yup, it's the whiners that can't compete anymore because the physics are becoming more realistic, sorry xxxsnipeymcdangles69xxx, your offensive OP days are over. They complain, we call em out. Rinse wash repeat

    How can you call the puck (supposedly a solid object) being allowed to physically pass through a goalies chest (supposedly a solid object) or a defenders stick (supposedly a solid object) or defenders leg/skate (supposedly a solid object) as MORE REALISTIC Physics??

    I never knew nor did it ever occur to me that this kind of stuff happened in the game UNTIL I played a full season of NHL13 GMC. It has been 4 installments of the game (14, 15, 16 and now 17) and yet here we are and these same "Puck Physics" exist with NO REAL fix in sight
  • Yup, it's the whiners that can't compete anymore because the physics are becoming more realistic, sorry xxxsnipeymcdangles69xxx, your offensive OP days are over. They complain, we call em out. Rinse wash repeat


    Lol exactly this..
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    Yup, it's the whiners that can't compete anymore because the physics are becoming more realistic, sorry xxxsnipeymcdangles69xxx, your offensive OP days are over. They complain, we call em out. Rinse wash repeat

    How can you call the puck (supposedly a solid object) being allowed to physically pass through a goalies chest (supposedly a solid object) or a defenders stick (supposedly a solid object) or defenders leg/skate (supposedly a solid object) as MORE REALISTIC Physics??

    I never knew nor did it ever occur to me that this kind of stuff happened in the game UNTIL I played a full season of NHL13 GMC. It has been 4 installments of the game (14, 15, 16 and now 17) and yet here we are and these same "Puck Physics" exist with NO REAL fix in sight


    No game whether it's a shooter, tell tale, sports or action game has bugs man grow up.. the physics are great in 17, no it's not perfect and sometimes sticks go through nets but that's just video games as a whole.. stop complaining about things that happen in every game
  • SharlonD wrote: »
    No game whether it's a shooter, tell tale, sports or action game has bugs man grow up.. the physics are great in 17, no it's not perfect and sometimes sticks go through nets but that's just video games as a whole.. stop complaining about things that happen in every game
    Bugs happen, get over it. That's great logic!

    When the premise of a sport is to win by scoring more goals than the other team, when that team has a player whose sole job is to prevent that, has pucks physically go through him ... meh, bugs happen.
  • SharlonD wrote: »
    joefitz22 wrote: »
    Yup, it's the whiners that can't compete anymore because the physics are becoming more realistic, sorry xxxsnipeymcdangles69xxx, your offensive OP days are over. They complain, we call em out. Rinse wash repeat

    How can you call the puck (supposedly a solid object) being allowed to physically pass through a goalies chest (supposedly a solid object) or a defenders stick (supposedly a solid object) or defenders leg/skate (supposedly a solid object) as MORE REALISTIC Physics??

    I never knew nor did it ever occur to me that this kind of stuff happened in the game UNTIL I played a full season of NHL13 GMC. It has been 4 installments of the game (14, 15, 16 and now 17) and yet here we are and these same "Puck Physics" exist with NO REAL fix in sight


    No game whether it's a shooter, tell tale, sports or action game has bugs man grow up.. the physics are great in 17, no it's not perfect and sometimes sticks go through nets but that's just video games as a whole.. stop complaining about things that happen in every game

    So how is it that in COD, I can come up behind someone with my sidearm drawn and at point blank put a bullet into his head, that person REACTS to it and falls over dead?? The bullet just doesn't physically pass through his "AI brain" and have NO effect on him. In COD, can you take your sidearm and shoot through a Brick Wall and still kill an enemy? Yes it's a Video Game but for F**K Sake, we are living in 2016 (2017 is 9 days away) not the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    KoryDub wrote: »
    IceLion68 wrote: »
    Was this place always this tedious?

    No. I've been around since 2001 and have been moderating and involved with community events since 2010 and the general disdain throughout the community has grown in the last 4-5 years. I believe this is due to the increase in online competitive modes such as HUT and EASHL. The issues users run in to during these modes is amplified due to the nature of the event it happened in. Not saying the issues are invalid - but I think some users need to stop and think about why they're coming here with such rage.

    What I truly wish is that the tone and language used by some users here cools down. There's no reason to ask for people to lose their jobs because their vision of a virtual NHL world doesn't match up with your own or saying an entire development team who's worked on this series for 20+ years had "never played hockey" in their life - give your head a shake.

    Been around for years - but nothing and I mean nothing compared to the '15 year with EASHL missing completely.

    Total carnage.

    IMO the GAMEPLAY is actually getting better. Most of you know my main gripe. Myself, my team and the folks on my friends list (most of them) just aren't a fan of cookie cutter builds. I understand peoples' argument FOR the direction it went so I don't really care to continue to rehash that.

    YES there are instances of pucks going through solid objects, yes it is annoying but I would like to point back to the post I had on another thread talking about the most (at the time) difficult game to program - pool.

    To me, this game is like pool, only with more moving objects, animations and so on but with 12 people where every single move has to be in sync with each console.

    Simply put - there is a lot going on.

    That is why the argument of "old gen" vs. TPS (for example) rages on. It is clear that some folks here feel that there is too much "stuff" (leaving it as a generalization) going on for it to translate to a consistent online experience.

    I say don't scrap TPS... you kinda need to listen (and I think the Dev is) to some of what Bmh, Workin_OT and others are saying when it comes to 1) puck pick ups, 2) should be more agile at slower speeds without the puck and 3) better lateral movement.

    Rage on ragers, rage on.
  • Lol this is priceless don't forget if you say something positive about the game they say you work for EA or your rammer. :D also everyone keeps forgeting it is a video go it's not going to be perfect ever.
  • joefitz22
    643 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Lol this is priceless don't forget if you say something positive about the game they say you work for EA or your rammer. :D also everyone keeps forgeting it is a video go it's not going to be perfect ever.

    I get Everyone's argument that it's a video game and it's NOT going to be perfect (I do Not ask EA to RE-invent the wheel or make the game 100% perfect but for F**ks sake make it play like it's the year 2017 instead of 1980) but Like I stated on the old forums. The local Dave and Busters has been around 16yrs now, they have a Multi-Player Racing game called Daytona USA Racing (has been in D&B since day 1 so that makes that game AT LEAST 16yrs old). IF my race car crashes into a guard rail or into the mountain side...it DOES NOT physically pass through it! 2017 is a mere 9 days away and you mean to tell me we can't get a Hockey game made where the puck, a goalies chest, a skaters leg/skate can't be SOLID OBJECTS all the time??

    Yes I know you can't compare racing game to Hockey game blah blah blah...it's not the point, it's the principal of the matter. In this 16yr old Racing game SOLID OBJECTS do NOT physically pass through other SOLID OBJECTS but yet we have a yearly Hockey game (2017 right around the corner) where SOLID OBJECTS can and will at various times during the game DEFY Physics and physically pass right through other SOLID OBJECTS
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    Lol this is priceless don't forget if you say something positive about the game they say you work for EA or your rammer. :D also everyone keeps forgeting it is a video go it's not going to be perfect ever.

    I get Everyone's argument that it's a video game and it's NOT going to be perfect (I do Not ask EA to RE-invent the wheel or make the game 100% perfect but for F**ks sake make it play like it's the year 2017 instead of 1980) but Like I stated on the old forums. The local Dave and Busters has been around 16yrs now, they have a Multi-Player Racing game called Daytona USA Racing (has been in D&B since day 1 so that makes that game AT LEAST 16yrs old). IF my race car crashes into a guard rail or into the mountain side...it DOES NOT physically pass through it! 2017 is a mere 9 days away and you mean to tell me we can't get a Hockey game made where the puck, a goalies chest, a skaters leg/skate can't be SOLID OBJECTS all the time??

    Yes I know you can't compare racing game to Hockey game blah blah blah...it's not the point, it's the principal of the matter. In this 16yr old Racing game SOLID OBJECTS do NOT physically pass through other SOLID OBJECTS but yet we have a yearly Hockey game (2017 right around the corner) where SOLID OBJECTS can and will at various times during the game DEFY Physics and physically pass right through other SOLID OBJECTS

    This is true, I think the game has been bad for so long that the people who stick up for it are just used to mediocrity and have settled on this product. I for one can't do that, not when it's as expensive as other games that play so great. There are just so many issues and I'll never personally bash the dev team but if the excuse is limited resources, charge $39.99. This game on new gen is simply not fun and gets stale way too quickly every year.
  • SharlonD
    82 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    I've either never noticed or haven't seen a puck pass through a goalie though I only play online.. post a video I would like to see this because I play everyday and have yet to see this.. sticks going through the net and through skaters sticks I've seen but not the puck through a goalie
  • joefitz22 wrote: »
    SharlonD wrote: »
    joefitz22 wrote: »
    Yup, it's the whiners that can't compete anymore because the physics are becoming more realistic, sorry xxxsnipeymcdangles69xxx, your offensive OP days are over. They complain, we call em out. Rinse wash repeat

    How can you call the puck (supposedly a solid object) being allowed to physically pass through a goalies chest (supposedly a solid object) or a defenders stick (supposedly a solid object) or defenders leg/skate (supposedly a solid object) as MORE REALISTIC Physics??

    I never knew nor did it ever occur to me that this kind of stuff happened in the game UNTIL I played a full season of NHL13 GMC. It has been 4 installments of the game (14, 15, 16 and now 17) and yet here we are and these same "Puck Physics" exist with NO REAL fix in sight


    No game whether it's a shooter, tell tale, sports or action game has bugs man grow up.. the physics are great in 17, no it's not perfect and sometimes sticks go through nets but that's just video games as a whole.. stop complaining about things that happen in every game

    So how is it that in COD, I can come up behind someone with my sidearm drawn and at point blank put a bullet into his head, that person REACTS to it and falls over dead?? The bullet just doesn't physically pass through his "AI brain" and have NO effect on him. In COD, can you take your sidearm and shoot through a Brick Wall and still kill an enemy? Yes it's a Video Game but for F**K Sake, we are living in 2016 (2017 is 9 days away) not the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s

    You must not play cod online. Lag compensation makes what you described happen. **** poor example.
  • Bmh245
    905 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    SharlonD wrote: »
    I've either never noticed or haven't seen a puck pass through a goalie though I only play online.. post a video I would like to see this because I play everyday and have yet to see this.. sticks going through the net and through skaters sticks I've seen but not the puck through a goalie



    (first goal in video)

    http://xboxclips.com/kschepis/4de43485-1ede-4b03-84c2-dbd2af9055a9 (watch all the way to the end)

    Then there are all the goals that somehow magically go underneath the goalie's pads, even though IRL pads are flush to the surface. You can also poke check through the goalie's pads to knock the puck in.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.