EA Forums - Banner

Ice tilt isn't a thing, get over it

Replies

• petejenkev wrote: »
    Lynch-CAN wrote: »
    When it comes down to it, there are just way too many random generated factors in the game. Thats why the game has changed from a fun competitive game (2010-2012) to a random mess where good chances mean nothing and a terrible shot from the boards turns into a wide open net rebound.

The skill is gone, all thats left is luck. This game isn't fun anymore, period. Out play a team all period without a goal to show for it, then they come into your zone and shoot as soon as they cross the line and score. I love hockey, and will keep buying it every year, but it just isn't fun any more.

This game isn't fun anymore for a long time.

Random generated factors, come back logic, bad colission detection, inept AI on the player's side in combination with the worst skating engine I've ever experienced since I've started playing the "NHL" series in '94 make this game a chore to play.

I still play it from time to time, and I'm used to the come back logic and rng's and can deal with it, but after a couple of games I decide to put the controller down because I don't won't to fight the controller anymore.

Summarize my thoughts exactly
  • Ice tilt not real? If I were you I'd look into the ongoing FIFA momentum scandal that's ongoing.
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »
    Ice tilt doesn't exist. How about not complaining overtime you are losing. I swear, whenever a try hard is losing by even 1 or 2 they are quick to blame it on ice tilt. How about just get better at the game and not let that happen?

Momentum is a thing though. If someone is shooting and controlling more than you, they have momentum and will be faster make harder hits etc. I'm just sick and tired of everyone complaining about how broken this game is. Every game has bugs, get the **** over it. It makes me want to kill myself overtime i hear, "wow i poked that why didn't i get it" or "ok that pass went right through my defender's legs" how about instead of blaming the game everyone, you blame yourself. if i give up a goal because of something like that, i blame myself for not preventing. This game won't just automatically give you the puck overtime you poke or stick lift, and some of you need to realize that

/rant
    That's funny you say there is no ice tilt (because the devs said so) yet you say there is momentum, another thing the debts said is not in the game anymore. That's pretty funny

People don't realize. As harsh as its going to sound to some people, the "ice tilt" is only really going to be felt by the top players in the game. If you're a mediocre player, you are never going to dominate other teams and players as consistently to feel it as much as the top players do. My club as well as my versus record is a 15:1 w/l ratio, and we feel it STEADY. Some people argue that "you're 15:1 so how can you say there is ice tilt", it's the fact that EVERY game feels like a struggle no matter who we play. In what world can a team be 15:1 and have to struggle against .500 player or team as often as it happens in this game even though the gameplay says you should be dominating. Yet you play a team with a similar record and the game is still as close as those .500 teams. The game feels like it does everything in its power to keep it as close as possible and it **** the fun out of it having to work 10x harder than your opponent just to squeak wins out

When you are a middle of the pack player, you aren't going to dominate teams all the time enough to feel it since the majority of your games will be evenly matched. There's nights where my club plays that we can have 4-5 games in a row with a 12+ minute to 2 ToA and endless scoring chances just to score the GWG midway through the 3rd period and squeak out the win. At that point everyone just logs off in frustration and finds it pointless to play

That's why I'm not playing now. Earlier this evening I played two games. The first one with 5 other friends that are all good players that play very often. We play a bunch of randoms that all have really low level badges. EVERYTHING seemed to be going there way even though we were massively outplaying them. They actually almost shut out us too. We lost.

I then accept an invite to go play with 5 other friends that are also good players. When I entered the chat with them they were talking about how in their last game the same thing happened to them. So we go into a drop in and eventually 6 low level randoms join the other side. What happens? Our passes don't connect, we're missing one-timers, open nets and getting called for tons of penalties. Meanwhile the opposite for them. How does, in the two games I play with two separate teams of friends who are all good players lose two games in a row to players clearly not as good as us and a lot of them were actually scrubs? 3 games if you count the other game.

I have an ongoing joke going with a couple of friends that notice we individually win more games with randoms in drop ins compared to when we all play together. I don't think it's a joke anymore.

Whether it is from my experience playing EASHL or the stories I read about the people that play HUT and VS, there is definitely something else at play a lot of the time.

I've played with the same group of dudes since '10. We aren't the greatest, but in our hayday we were a top 50 6's team, never outside the top 100 for years (dunno if that's saying much but whatever). This year, we are BARELY a .500 team, I think we're 150-110-8 or something close to that, losing a lot more games than any of us are used to.

Playing drop-ins with random scrubs, I'm 32-4-4. My ppg is about the same in both, yet somehow I'm able to win with a lot more consistency playing with randoms than a team where we've put in thousands of games together.

So weird
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    Fifa just got caught for having rubber banding in their game. Here's a quote from someone who commented on the issue.

"Rubber Banding/Momentum/Scripting it's been there for years, it's why I haven't bothered playing against other players properly in years, there is zero competitive merit in the game. You don't need data miners to discover this, anyone with a decent level of self awareness and good eye sight can see it in action and with the rise of video recording, I imagine youtube is filled with the proof, things like how effective your players are at closing down the opposition, their ability to make intelligent runs, their ability to control a pass.. all these things have momentum swings, some might say it's more realistic but when it gets to the point where Messi has a worse touch than **** Bramble and your team of superstars are playing like sunday leaguers, it just completely detracts from the overall playing experience.

Not sure what they want EA to do though, they have always denied it's existence and doubt they will change their stance. They once commissioned an online strategy guide (Fifa 09 I think) where momentum was discussed with strategies to making it work to your advantage, the moderators on the official forums had to deny it exists and called it an error on the strategy guide's part. Last I checked, they have completely banned it's discussion too on the forums."

This type of **** happens all the time in NHL. Superstar players being outskated by scrubs.

So a guy says he hasn't played Fifa in YEARS, yet you're/he is claiming they got caught? Lol. You're hilarious.

Maybe superstars are getting out skated because they are fatigued and need to line change? I never had a scrub player catch my superstar. Just stop lying.
  • Was also getting really frustrated with HuT this year...I ended up with a pretty good team after getting all those return packs and whatnot, pulled some good cards. Setting my team up with a bunch of synergies, getting some legends etc.. I finally sold my entire team and now I roll out the actual TML lineup, with all the base cards, surprising that I'm on an 11 game win streak now. Never knew 79ovr Polak would be so good playing on my top D pairing lol. I get so much emo after games now when I roll over guys with stacked teams, for cheating. They can't accept how badly Vernon or Price play when I'm slapping in point shots with Marincin/Hunwick.
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    RSall14 wrote: »
    Fifa just got caught for having rubber banding in their game. Here's a quote from someone who commented on the issue.

"Rubber Banding/Momentum/Scripting it's been there for years, it's why I haven't bothered playing against other players properly in years, there is zero competitive merit in the game. You don't need data miners to discover this, anyone with a decent level of self awareness and good eye sight can see it in action and with the rise of video recording, I imagine youtube is filled with the proof, things like how effective your players are at closing down the opposition, their ability to make intelligent runs, their ability to control a pass.. all these things have momentum swings, some might say it's more realistic but when it gets to the point where Messi has a worse touch than **** Bramble and your team of superstars are playing like sunday leaguers, it just completely detracts from the overall playing experience.

Not sure what they want EA to do though, they have always denied it's existence and doubt they will change their stance. They once commissioned an online strategy guide (Fifa 09 I think) where momentum was discussed with strategies to making it work to your advantage, the moderators on the official forums had to deny it exists and called it an error on the strategy guide's part. Last I checked, they have completely banned it's discussion too on the forums."

This type of **** happens all the time in NHL. Superstar players being outskated by scrubs.

So a guy says he hasn't played Fifa in YEARS, yet you're/he is claiming they got caught? Lol. You're hilarious.

Maybe superstars are getting out skated because they are fatigued and need to line change? I never had a scrub player catch my superstar. Just stop lying.

If you've ever played with AI in any mode, then you're lying about never seeing a defenceman, any defenceman fly past a forward to get an icing call. Or when you're on a breakaway and you can see the immediate slowdown on your skater once you enter the offensive zone allowing the defender to catch up.

I see it in EASHL/Drop in a lot. This isn't a fatigue issue, because the change in speeds is too drastic and happens too quickly.
    DeejNYLV wrote: »
    Guy whining about the complaints of others labels them "complainers" without irony. Ignorance smiles.

Kinda like what you just did? The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Holy crap. Take note, Joey has agreed with someone for the only time on these forums....
  • eric57664
    240 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    eric57664 wrote: »

If you've ever played with AI in any mode, then you're lying about never seeing a defenceman, any defenceman fly past a forward to get an icing call. Or when you're on a breakaway and you can see the immediate slowdown on your skater once you enter the offensive zone allowing the defender to catch up.

I see it in EASHL/Drop in a lot. This isn't a fatigue issue, because the change in speeds is too drastic and happens too quickly.

I was actually talking about human vs human and a race for the puck and a faster player with the puck skating past a slower player. And in any mode, back in old generation (the descriptions specifically), defenceman catching up to faster players is due to defensive awareness. It gives them a boost on the backcheck, plus then their skating attributes and fatigue at that moment.

Everyone knows the ai cheats a little bit in all parts of the game when you face the ai in all star and more in superstar. In pro or rookie, that never happens.
    Post edited by eric57664 on
  • sethamphetamines
    330 posts Member
    edited December 2016

I was actually talking about human vs human and a race for the puck and a faster player with the puck skating past a slower player. And in any mode, back in old generation (the descriptions specifically), defenceman catching up to faster players is due to defensive awareness. It gives them a boost on the backcheck, plus then their skating attributes and fatigue at that moment.

Everyone knows the ai cheats a little bit in all parts of the game when you face the ai in all star and more in superstar. In pro or rookie, that never happens.

Fair enough. I have seen my player slowed down on a breakaway in online games, but it may have been an AI player chasing me each time. I can't remember. I'll try to remember and capture it next time. I don't get many breakaways though as I'm a very defensive center.

Regardless, the whole FIFA kerfuffle is more than what just some what some guy who doesn't play the game says.

In case anyone is interested and haven't seen it yet, it seems someone looked at the code on the PC version of FIFA and found some interesting things. If you have FIFA on PC, you can check it out for yourself.

Here is part 1:
    https://reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kag3l/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/

Really, the most interesting part here is this:
    //--- team chemistry (0-100) (used in momentum)
    //DB_TEAM_CHEMISTRY
    //DB_AVERAGE_RATING

Here is the second thread:
    https://reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kgnfi/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/
    [ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY] ENABLED = 1
    [ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY_INCREASE_DIFFICULTY]
    // Description: "User scores in first 5 minutes"
    // WHEN <GoalEvaluation> IF <user score is greater than opponent score and before 5 minutes> DO <increase difficulty by 0.25> RULE1_PARAM1 = 5
    // Minutes RULE1_OUTPUT = 0.25 // Description: "User scores in first 20 minutes"
    // WHEN <GoalEvaluation> IF <user score is greater than opponent score and before 20 minutes> DO <increase difficulty by 0.25> RULE2_PARAM1 = 20
    // Minutes RULE2_OUTPUT = 0.25
    // Description: "Score >= 2 goal lead"
    // WHEN <GoalEvaluation> IF <user has greater than 2 goal lead> DO <increase difficulty by 0.25> RULE3_PARAM1 = 2
    // Goal lead RULE3_OUTPUT = 0.25 // Description: ">70% possession after at least 20 minutes"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <user has greater than 70% of possession and after 20 minutes> DO <increase difficulty by 0.25> RULE4_PARAM1 = 70
    // Possession percentage RULE4_PARAM2 = 20
    // Minutes RULE4_OUTPUT = 0.25
    // Description: "More than 5 shots in first 30 minutes"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <user has more than 5 shots in the first 30 minutes> DO <increase difficulty by 0.15> RULE5_PARAM1 = 5
    // Shots RULE5_PARAM2 = 30 // Minutes RULE5_OUTPUT = 0.15
    // Description: "More than 10 shots on target at any point"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <user has more than 10 shots on target> DO <increase difficulty by 0.1> RULE6_PARAM1 = 10 // Shots on target RULE6_PARAM2 = 10
    // Increments on PARAM1 RULE6_OUTPUT = 0.1 [ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY_DECREASE_DIFFICULTY]
    // Description: "Losing at any point"
    // WHEN <GoalEvaluation> DO <decrease difficulty by 0.1> RULE1_PARAM1 = 0
    // Minutes RULE1_OUTPUT = -0.1
    // Description: "No shot on target within 30 minutes of play"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <after 30 minutes> DO <decrease difficulty by 0.2> RULE2_PARAM1 = 30
    // Minutes RULE2_OUTPUT = -0.2
    // Description: "<30% possession any time after 30 minutes"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <possession less than 30% and after 30 minutes> DO <decrease difficulty by 0.2> RULE3_PARAM1 = 30
    // Possession RULE3_PARAM2 = 30
    // Minutes RULE3_OUTPUT = -0.2
    // Description: "<2 shots by 60th minute"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <number of shots less than 2 and after 60 minutes> DO <decrease difficulty by 0.2> RULE4_PARAM1 = 2
    // Shots RULE4_PARAM2 = 60
    // Minutes RULE4_OUTPUT = -0.2
    // Description: "<4 shots on target 80th minute"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <number of shots less than 4 and after 80 minutes> DO <decrease difficulty by 0.3> RULE5_PARAM1 = 4
    // Shots RULE5_PARAM2 = 80
    // Minutes RULE5_OUTPUT = -0.3
    // Description: "Losing by 2 goals"
    // WHEN <GoalEvaluation> IF <losing by 2 goals> DO <decrease difficulty by 0.1> RULE6_PARAM1 = -2
    // Goals RULE6_OUTPUT = -0.15

To be fully fair, I don't have the game and can't vouch for this myself, but this lines do appear to be in the files as verified by a few other users on Reddit.

It's interesting to say the least. I'm curious to see what comes out of this.
    Exactly. When this is happening through every one of their sports franchises games maybe it's real...

Do all their sports games go through one server (well the server for the area)?

You're completely oblivious.
    Assisted_6 wrote: »
    The fact is it doesn't matter whether we think ice tilt exists or not. The game is what it is and EA will NEVER admit to ice tilt anyways. It basically comes down to 2 options

1) ice tilt exists
    Or
    2) it's one of the worst online games for rewarding the better player

Both scenarios lead to a horrible game that is pointless to play at a competitive level and it shows with eashl community.

I just recently started playing rocket league after hearing good things about it. The fact a "sports" game with dinky racing cars, 2 nets and a ball has 10x the amount of active players online at a time than nhl has is a complete joke and shows ea doesn't know what people want. People obviously like rocket league not for the graphics and visuals, but purely for the gameplay. It's fun, it's rewarding to the better team, and it plays smooth, all of which nhl is lacking.

This dev team is honestly not getting the job done seeing as they are given one of the most team oriented, high speed, competitive, high skill ceiling type of games, and just wasting it. An NHL game where it's 6v6 should without a doubt be an Esports worthy game, especially for a series that has been in development for this long.

Instead they would rather spend year after year focusing more on fluff and visuals which clearly just make the game play crappier online by bogging the servers down even more. It's pretty apparent that since switching to ps4/xbone with the new graphics, the online connection has been a huge issue compared to ps3 and 360. I just don't get it, I really don't. How can they be given all the tools for success, commit their career to doing this, yet not have a clue as to what makes a good video game. Especially when there so much social media nowadays where people are constantly giving input, and the majority of it is the same ideas and complaints year after year, yet it's never addressed.

This is why I believe ice tilt exists. When you can have every single one of their sports franchises complain about tilt and unrewarding gameplay, it's not a coincidence. There's not a chance that these devs can't see when they play online that the better team is not winning or being rewarded as often as they should, which leads me to believe it's how they want it to be. They obviously have the mindset that the closer the games remain, the less chance people have of logging off or calling it quits after getting blown out and being frustrated. This many years of being accused of ice tilt would have kicked them in the **** to add a better reward system to the better team by now if ice tilt in fact didn't exist. Clearly it's here to stay

I've always questioned the people who says 'it's in your head' because it just doesn't make sense that so many players complain about it. it's never the people who just won that 2-1 game with 7 shots while their opponent had 30+ with double or triple TOA and 80% faceoff ratio. This game will NEVER be taken seriously if this problem persists which sucks because hockey should definitely be an esport. How can anyone question if balancing exists in this game ? I must ask them how often do they play this game ? Anyone who has played 1,000+ games every year for over 10 years KNOWS something's going on, when you go up 3-0 and all of a sudden you can't pass, opponents AI become super aggressive, goalie gets 100x better etc hah like come on. I've heard people say 'it's because subconsciously you let up because you have a lead'.. wrong ! I don't know about you guys but when I'm blowing someone out I just want to keep barrying them, and in the past you would. Not in this game, it's kept close artificially.
  • Anyone who played EA's FIFA knows that shots in the last minute and extra time of a half are more likely to go in. Even half court shots.
    EASHL player
  • Anyone who played EA's FIFA knows that shots in the last minute and extra time of a half are more likely to go in. Even half court shots.

It's no different in NHL. That last minute is ridiculous. The chance of a goal definitely spikes right up for the losing team in the last minute of each period. Same with the odds of a goal for the winning team in the 2nd period. it's very noticeable. It's easy to spot trends when you play a lot which is why I always question those who don't see it, they must be casuals.

It's no different in NHL. That last minute is ridiculous. The chance of a goal definitely spikes right up for the losing team in the last minute of each period. Same with the odds of a goal for the winning team in the 2nd period. it's very noticeable. It's easy to spot trends when you play a lot which is why I always question those who don't see it, they must be casuals.

Oh I see it, but it's the same information that has been reiterated a millions times. It's the ai adjustment slider. The ai will become more aggressive if they are losing. Just like humans would do in real life. They don't just stay like robots like blades of steel. Maybe that's what you should be playing. It would make you less angry at playing video games.

And I've played many games where I got outshot 30-10 and I won 3-0 or 3-1. You know why? Because I had very good shots while my opponent with 30 shots were all from the outside and at bad angles.

The funny thing is, why doesn't anyone show a full unedited game where they claim ice tilt is evident? I'd love to see how one sees ice tilt and then let the EA dev dissect it.
    Ice tilt doesn't exist. How about not complaining overtime you are losing. I swear, whenever a try hard is losing by even 1 or 2 they are quick to blame it on ice tilt. How about just get better at the game and not let that happen?

Momentum is a thing though. If someone is shooting and controlling more than you, they have momentum and will be faster make harder hits etc. I'm just sick and tired of everyone complaining about how broken this game is. Every game has bugs, get the **** over it. It makes me want to kill myself overtime i hear, "wow i poked that why didn't i get it" or "ok that pass went right through my defender's legs" how about instead of blaming the game everyone, you blame yourself. if i give up a goal because of something like that, i blame myself for not preventing. This game won't just automatically give you the puck overtime you poke or stick lift, and some of you need to realize that

/rant
    That's funny you say there is no ice tilt (because the devs said so) yet you say there is momentum, another thing the debts said is not in the game anymore. That's pretty funny

People don't realize. As harsh as its going to sound to some people, the "ice tilt" is only really going to be felt by the top players in the game. If you're a mediocre player, you are never going to dominate other teams and players as consistently to feel it as much as the top players do. My club as well as my versus record is a 15:1 w/l ratio, and we feel it STEADY. Some people argue that "you're 15:1 so how can you say there is ice tilt", it's the fact that EVERY game feels like a struggle no matter who we play. In what world can a team be 15:1 and have to struggle against .500 player or team as often as it happens in this game even though the gameplay says you should be dominating. Yet you play a team with a similar record and the game is still as close as those .500 teams. The game feels like it does everything in its power to keep it as close as possible and it **** the fun out of it having to work 10x harder than your opponent just to squeak wins out

When you are a middle of the pack player, you aren't going to dominate teams all the time enough to feel it since the majority of your games will be evenly matched. There's nights where my club plays that we can have 4-5 games in a row with a 12+ minute to 2 ToA and endless scoring chances just to score the GWG midway through the 3rd period and squeak out the win. At that point everyone just logs off in frustration and finds it pointless to play

Fair enough. I have seen my player slowed down on a breakaway in online games, but it may have been an AI player chasing me each time. I can't remember. I'll try to remember and capture it next time. I don't get many breakaways though as I'm a very defensive center.

Regardless, the whole FIFA kerfuffle is more than what just some what some guy who doesn't play the game says.

In case anyone is interested and haven't seen it yet, it seems someone looked at the code on the PC version of FIFA and found some interesting things. If you have FIFA on PC, you can check it out for yourself.

Here is part 1:
    https://reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kag3l/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/

Really, the most interesting part here is this:
    //--- team chemistry (0-100) (used in momentum)
    //DB_TEAM_CHEMISTRY
    //DB_AVERAGE_RATING

Here is the second thread:
    https://reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kgnfi/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/
    [ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY] ENABLED = 1
    [ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY_INCREASE_DIFFICULTY]
    // Description: "User scores in first 5 minutes"
    // WHEN <GoalEvaluation> IF <user score is greater than opponent score and before 5 minutes> DO <increase difficulty by 0.25> RULE1_PARAM1 = 5
    // Minutes RULE1_OUTPUT = 0.25 // Description: "User scores in first 20 minutes"
    // WHEN <GoalEvaluation> IF <user score is greater than opponent score and before 20 minutes> DO <increase difficulty by 0.25> RULE2_PARAM1 = 20
    // Minutes RULE2_OUTPUT = 0.25
    // Description: "Score >= 2 goal lead"
    // WHEN <GoalEvaluation> IF <user has greater than 2 goal lead> DO <increase difficulty by 0.25> RULE3_PARAM1 = 2
    // Goal lead RULE3_OUTPUT = 0.25 // Description: ">70% possession after at least 20 minutes"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <user has greater than 70% of possession and after 20 minutes> DO <increase difficulty by 0.25> RULE4_PARAM1 = 70
    // Possession percentage RULE4_PARAM2 = 20
    // Minutes RULE4_OUTPUT = 0.25
    // Description: "More than 5 shots in first 30 minutes"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <user has more than 5 shots in the first 30 minutes> DO <increase difficulty by 0.15> RULE5_PARAM1 = 5
    // Shots RULE5_PARAM2 = 30 // Minutes RULE5_OUTPUT = 0.15
    // Description: "More than 10 shots on target at any point"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <user has more than 10 shots on target> DO <increase difficulty by 0.1> RULE6_PARAM1 = 10 // Shots on target RULE6_PARAM2 = 10
    // Increments on PARAM1 RULE6_OUTPUT = 0.1 [ADAPTIVE_DIFFICULTY_DECREASE_DIFFICULTY]
    // Description: "Losing at any point"
    // WHEN <GoalEvaluation> DO <decrease difficulty by 0.1> RULE1_PARAM1 = 0
    // Minutes RULE1_OUTPUT = -0.1
    // Description: "No shot on target within 30 minutes of play"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <after 30 minutes> DO <decrease difficulty by 0.2> RULE2_PARAM1 = 30
    // Minutes RULE2_OUTPUT = -0.2
    // Description: "<30% possession any time after 30 minutes"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <possession less than 30% and after 30 minutes> DO <decrease difficulty by 0.2> RULE3_PARAM1 = 30
    // Possession RULE3_PARAM2 = 30
    // Minutes RULE3_OUTPUT = -0.2
    // Description: "<2 shots by 60th minute"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <number of shots less than 2 and after 60 minutes> DO <decrease difficulty by 0.2> RULE4_PARAM1 = 2
    // Shots RULE4_PARAM2 = 60
    // Minutes RULE4_OUTPUT = -0.2
    // Description: "<4 shots on target 80th minute"
    // WHEN <BallOOP> IF <number of shots less than 4 and after 80 minutes> DO <decrease difficulty by 0.3> RULE5_PARAM1 = 4
    // Shots RULE5_PARAM2 = 80
    // Minutes RULE5_OUTPUT = -0.3
    // Description: "Losing by 2 goals"
    // WHEN <GoalEvaluation> IF <losing by 2 goals> DO <decrease difficulty by 0.1> RULE6_PARAM1 = -2
    // Goals RULE6_OUTPUT = -0.15

To be fully fair, I don't have the game and can't vouch for this myself, but this lines do appear to be in the files as verified by a few other users on Reddit.

It's interesting to say the least. I'm curious to see what comes out of this.

Great post....where's Jason Rupert and those ridiculous placebo comments he enjoyed throwing my way?
    Anyone who played EA's FIFA knows that shots in the last minute and extra time of a half are more likely to go in. Even half court shots.

Oh I see it, but it's the same information that has been reiterated a millions times. It's the ai adjustment slider. The ai will become more aggressive if they are losing. Just like humans would do in real life. They don't just stay like robots like blades of steel. Maybe that's what you should be playing. It would make you less angry at playing video games.

And I've played many games where I got outshot 30-10 and I won 3-0 or 3-1. You know why? Because I had very good shots while my opponent with 30 shots were all from the outside and at bad angles.

The funny thing is, why doesn't anyone show a full unedited game where they claim ice tilt is evident? I'd love to see how one sees ice tilt and then let the EA dev dissect it.

Haha @ 'I'd love to see how one sees ice tilt and then let the EA dev dissect it' In moments where everything is going wrong, EA dev will say, 'oh the puck bounced right over your stick and to your opponents because there was snow on the ice, and @ 1:22 your opponents stick with the puck goes right through your leg unaffected because of positioning. It is unfortunate that you missed 4 empty nets in the last minute of a 4-3 game and when your opponent scored on a wrist shot from the blue line that hit your goalies helmet, went in to the air and in the net.. but it's because you're not aiming properly and need to shoot low'

I know it's their jobs to defend their product but some of the things the devs say just make me laugh so I wouldn't take their opinion on it to heart.

As for you, you argue against everything everyone has to say anyway and apparently the game always plays perfectly for you, same with the skating, AI, delay or lag, you've never had issues right ? lol
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.