EA Forums - Banner

Update this garbage so we can play

Replies

  • SharlonD wrote: »
    SharlonD wrote: »
    SharlonD wrote: »

    So how about goalie pads that allow pucks to slide under them even though they are "flush" to the ice? Should the goalie maybe "glide" before dropping down? How does one ADJUST to this oh wise Sparky?


    That's not a gameplay issue that's a bug issue.. you can nitpick all you want I could care less if you enjoy the game.. you guys sound pathetic at this point

    The goalies are the most important aspect of this game as they're the ones that can affect the outcome of a game the most. Goalies can't adjust and do things to prevent pucks going through our bodies and equipment or pucks sliding under our pads that are flush with the ice.

    Yet we're the ones that sound pathetic?


    You sound pathetic trying to be smart a**es when you bring up glitches when I'm specifically talking about gameplay issues that aren't glitches. Obviously you can't adjust to pucks going through goalies and obviously those issues have to be fixed

    Yet I don't see anyone agreeing with you. I'll go with the majority here.

    You said the goalie issues aren't gameplay issues and are "bugs/glitches".

    A "glitch" is defined as a "minor" malfunction or problem that causes a temporary setback. Those goalie issues are definitely not "minor" in any way nor do they cause a temporary setback especially when one of those goals can affect the outcome of a game.

    I would say you're wrong as they're in fact gameplay issues.




    My point was I was saying adjust then someone said how do you adjust to pucks going through goalies which clearly I wasn't saying adjust to because that makes no sense and you obviously can't adjust to that.. majority in these forums is not the majority of all players who play NHL 17 so in fact you're in the minority you sheep.. definition of glitch: "a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or irregularity of equipment".. Keep making up definitions tho lmao.. pucks going through goalies is a glitch whether you make up definitions or not

    I never said the majority of all the players. I said the majority "here" so clearly you have have a comprehension problem. As for "all" the players, there is no way you can back up what you claim.

    Look up the definition of the word "glitch" and you will clearly see I'm correct and not making up the definition of the word. So pucks going through the goalies isn't a "glitch" so you're WRONG again.



    Im certain ea didn't design goalies to let pucks go through them; which would make this a glitch as it isn't by design, regardlesd of your incessant teenage angst.

    One thing to keep in mind, the shape of the goalie on screen is bigger than the physical solid goalie model. So if you see a puck going through the side or armpit or something, its because it's only a jersey that is in the way. Going under pads, could simply be a visual issue that isn't showing what's actually happening correctly .

    Personally, theres only a few changes i want made to goalie atm, and that's a slight reduction in movement using precision while in butterfly, and to allow us to make a last second adjustment to position without moving way too much just because the othet team happens to be shooting. Aka, you only tap the right stick slightly, but because the other team took a shot, it decides you should keep sliding and allows a goal. Otherwise, goalie feels the best it has to me in a while.
  • SharlonD wrote: »
    SharlonD wrote: »
    SharlonD wrote: »

    So how about goalie pads that allow pucks to slide under them even though they are "flush" to the ice? Should the goalie maybe "glide" before dropping down? How does one ADJUST to this oh wise Sparky?


    That's not a gameplay issue that's a bug issue.. you can nitpick all you want I could care less if you enjoy the game.. you guys sound pathetic at this point

    The goalies are the most important aspect of this game as they're the ones that can affect the outcome of a game the most. Goalies can't adjust and do things to prevent pucks going through our bodies and equipment or pucks sliding under our pads that are flush with the ice.

    Yet we're the ones that sound pathetic?


    You sound pathetic trying to be smart a**es when you bring up glitches when I'm specifically talking about gameplay issues that aren't glitches. Obviously you can't adjust to pucks going through goalies and obviously those issues have to be fixed

    Yet I don't see anyone agreeing with you. I'll go with the majority here.

    You said the goalie issues aren't gameplay issues and are "bugs/glitches".

    A "glitch" is defined as a "minor" malfunction or problem that causes a temporary setback. Those goalie issues are definitely not "minor" in any way nor do they cause a temporary setback especially when one of those goals can affect the outcome of a game.

    I would say you're wrong as they're in fact gameplay issues.




    My point was I was saying adjust then someone said how do you adjust to pucks going through goalies which clearly I wasn't saying adjust to because that makes no sense and you obviously can't adjust to that.. majority in these forums is not the majority of all players who play NHL 17 so in fact you're in the minority you sheep.. definition of glitch: "a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or irregularity of equipment".. Keep making up definitions tho lmao.. pucks going through goalies is a glitch whether you make up definitions or not

    I never said the majority of all the players. I said the majority "here" so clearly you have have a comprehension problem. As for "all" the players, there is no way you can back up what you claim.

    Look up the definition of the word "glitch" and you will clearly see I'm correct and not making up the definition of the word. So pucks going through the goalies isn't a "glitch" so you're WRONG again.



    Im certain ea didn't design goalies to let pucks go through them; which would make this a glitch as it isn't by design, regardlesd of your incessant teenage angst.

    One thing to keep in mind, the shape of the goalie on screen is bigger than the physical solid goalie model. So if you see a puck going through the side or armpit or something, its because it's only a jersey that is in the way. Going under pads, could simply be a visual issue that isn't showing what's actually happening correctly .

    Personally, theres only a few changes i want made to goalie atm, and that's a slight reduction in movement using precision while in butterfly, and to allow us to make a last second adjustment to position without moving way too much just because the othet team happens to be shooting. Aka, you only tap the right stick slightly, but because the other team took a shot, it decides you should keep sliding and allows a goal. Otherwise, goalie feels the best it has to me in a while.

    It's faulty programming. You obviously need to understand the definition of the word "glitch" too.

    "because it's only a jersey in the way", "simply a visual issue". :lol: you must be blind and delusional if you can't see in the numerous videos people have posted (slowed down and zoomed in too) of the puck going through the goalies bodies and equipment which is physically impossible in real life and should be in this game too.

    So if pucks are going under and through pads and in the net then how can that be a "visual issue that isn't showing us what's actually happening correctly"? The correct thing would be the puck not being able to go under or through the pads and thus not going in the net. So if it is just a visual issue then why do these goals count?




    Please use a dictionary and look up the word "could " ****, buy some Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo and stop with the tears.

    You all make valid complaints. Your problem is you have no **** clue how to present them without sounding like petulant entitled brats who think the world owes them something.

    That's the problem around here.
  • SharlonD wrote: »
    SharlonD wrote: »
    SharlonD wrote: »

    So how about goalie pads that allow pucks to slide under them even though they are "flush" to the ice? Should the goalie maybe "glide" before dropping down? How does one ADJUST to this oh wise Sparky?


    That's not a gameplay issue that's a bug issue.. you can nitpick all you want I could care less if you enjoy the game.. you guys sound pathetic at this point

    The goalies are the most important aspect of this game as they're the ones that can affect the outcome of a game the most. Goalies can't adjust and do things to prevent pucks going through our bodies and equipment or pucks sliding under our pads that are flush with the ice.

    Yet we're the ones that sound pathetic?


    You sound pathetic trying to be smart a**es when you bring up glitches when I'm specifically talking about gameplay issues that aren't glitches. Obviously you can't adjust to pucks going through goalies and obviously those issues have to be fixed

    Yet I don't see anyone agreeing with you. I'll go with the majority here.

    You said the goalie issues aren't gameplay issues and are "bugs/glitches".

    A "glitch" is defined as a "minor" malfunction or problem that causes a temporary setback. Those goalie issues are definitely not "minor" in any way nor do they cause a temporary setback especially when one of those goals can affect the outcome of a game.

    I would say you're wrong as they're in fact gameplay issues.




    My point was I was saying adjust then someone said how do you adjust to pucks going through goalies which clearly I wasn't saying adjust to because that makes no sense and you obviously can't adjust to that.. majority in these forums is not the majority of all players who play NHL 17 so in fact you're in the minority you sheep.. definition of glitch: "a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or irregularity of equipment".. Keep making up definitions tho lmao.. pucks going through goalies is a glitch whether you make up definitions or not

    I never said the majority of all the players. I said the majority "here" so clearly you have have a comprehension problem. As for "all" the players, there is no way you can back up what you claim.

    Look up the definition of the word "glitch" and you will clearly see I'm correct and not making up the definition of the word. So pucks going through the goalies isn't a "glitch" so you're WRONG again.



    Im certain ea didn't design goalies to let pucks go through them; which would make this a glitch as it isn't by design, regardlesd of your incessant teenage angst.

    One thing to keep in mind, the shape of the goalie on screen is bigger than the physical solid goalie model. So if you see a puck going through the side or armpit or something, its because it's only a jersey that is in the way. Going under pads, could simply be a visual issue that isn't showing what's actually happening correctly .

    Personally, theres only a few changes i want made to goalie atm, and that's a slight reduction in movement using precision while in butterfly, and to allow us to make a last second adjustment to position without moving way too much just because the othet team happens to be shooting. Aka, you only tap the right stick slightly, but because the other team took a shot, it decides you should keep sliding and allows a goal. Otherwise, goalie feels the best it has to me in a while.

    It's faulty programming. You obviously need to understand the definition of the word "glitch" too.

    "because it's only a jersey in the way", "simply a visual issue". :lol: you must be blind and delusional if you can't see in the numerous videos people have posted (slowed down and zoomed in too) of the puck going through the goalies bodies and equipment which is physically impossible in real life and should be in this game too.

    So if pucks are going under and through pads and in the net then how can that be a "visual issue that isn't showing us what's actually happening correctly"? The correct thing would be the puck not being able to go under or through the pads and thus not going in the net. So if it is just a visual issue then why do these goals count?




    Please use a dictionary and look up the word "could " ****, buy some Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo and stop with the tears.

    You all make valid complaints. Your problem is you have no **** clue how to present them without sounding like petulant entitled brats who think the world owes them something.

    That's the problem around here.

    I'm not the one making childish insults.

    How am I sounding like a petulant entitled brat who thinks the world owes me something? Am i whining and ****? Definitely not! I've made valid/legit complaints and responses in a reasonable manner so don't be referring to me.

    If you can't see it, i can't show you.

  • Calls people petulant and uses ad hominem attacks to make his argument. The definition he needs to look up is "hypocrite".
  • Still waiting for a **** attempt at a fix to this terrible unfinished lousy effort of a release that is a disgrace to the NHL
  • boys, EA doesn't give a F#!* about our complaints. The best thing that can happen for this series is for it to completely die. EA doesn't care about it's loyal customers. Not one bit....As long as we keep buying, EA will continue to release a game that is becoming worse and worse. The only thing that will improve will be their lies, and marketing/commercial videos that try to make the game look like it descended from heaven. Trust me, the only thing that will make them change is damaging their pockets. Unfortunately that's what this company is all about. If they cared about the fans, they would have done something by now, or at least have said something. Instead, they pretend the game is flawless, troll fans on social media, and consistently refuse to admit to any responsibility to the broken gameplay, attritributing server issues to "internet connection/problems" (YA, SURE, THAT'S GOTTA BE IT). This is EA boys, nothing is going to change until we target their pockets. As sad as that is, that is the relationship they asked for. This isn't a relationship first company. This isn't even a relationship last company. This company is all about the dollar, and nothing else. So, if we want change, we gotta stop venting here and expecting them to listen. We need to seriously find a way to hit their pockets, and then, maybe, we'll see something.
  • The problem is if you articulate a smart argument against EA, they just delete the post.
  • SharlonD wrote: »
    I love the eashl gameplay.. some people will complain no matter what tho.. I almost never here complaints when playing drop in it's the same 20-40 people that lurk in this forum that are complaining every year and I'm sure the devs see that and take it with a grain of salt

    ****! The majority of the talking that I hear in drop ins is people complaining about this game.

    Shhhh, SharlonD is a top point scorer for dmen in drop ins and doesn't use his microphone. Let him enjoy the game in his naive world.
    Yeah and my rd in my club is ranked #1 in drop in I believe, or pretty close.....trust me when I say it doesn't translate to club lol he's a decent player, but nowhere near the best dman in this game.
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    brules1980 wrote: »
    The problem is if you articulate a smart argument against EA, they just delete the post.

    Let me know when this has happened to you. Feel free to PM if needed and I will look into it. Posts shouldn't be deleted unless they violate the terms of course.

    I personally don't delete any threads so I would need to know what you wrote to understand this comment. Thanks.
  • Bmh245
    905 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    brules1980 wrote: »
    The problem is if you articulate a smart argument against EA, they just delete the post.

    Maybe I've never made a "smart argument," but I've written innumerable posts critiquing this game, and I've never had one deleted.
  • brules1980 wrote: »
    The problem is if you articulate a smart argument against EA, they just delete the post.

    Stop asking things up slugger. It doesn't help.
  • DeejNYLV wrote: »
    brules1980 wrote: »
    The problem is if you articulate a smart argument against EA, they just delete the post.

    Stop asking things up slugger. It doesn't help.

    Ahem....*making
  • When you score a goal, did you score or did the game decide on the goal? When you get a turnover, did you skillfully obtain the puck or did the game decide it would give it to ya that time? When you get scored on, how often is it a good goal by the other player, as opposed to a floater that your legend goalie should have easily saved?
    The outcome of your last ten games, were they decided by how both players played the game?
    If you successfully complete the active coaching suggestions, does it swing your team in any way? Is there any bonus or advantage to continually following or not following the noob-friendly coach control suggestions? +3%, -1%, is that referring to the miniscule coin bonus at the end of the game, or is there more incentive to them? Is there anything unseen by the player such as in game momentum?
  • Bmh245
    905 posts Member
    Im certain ea didn't design goalies to let pucks go through them; which would make this a glitch as it isn't by design, regardlesd of your incessant teenage angst.

    Sure, EA didn't design goalies to let pucks go through them. But it's very weird that there seems to be code that essentially accounts for pucks going through goalies' bodies.

    Look at this clip, from a game I played yesterday. I shoot the puck, and it goes through the goalie's upper arm. Okay, glitch. But the weird thing is that you can see the puck as it travels through the goalie's jersey -- it makes the jersey bulge out in a puck shape, and then at the end the jersey almost seems to open to let the puck out:



    What I don't understand is why this code exists. I mean, the only way you can get that image of the jersey bulging because it has a puck moving beneath it is if there's code telling the jersey how to move when it has a puck underneath it. But is that something that ever happens IRL?
  • NHLDev
    1680 posts EA NHL Developer
    edited January 2017
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    Sure, EA didn't design goalies to let pucks go through them. But it's very weird that there seems to be code that essentially accounts for pucks going through goalies' bodies.

    Look at this clip, from a game I played yesterday. I shoot the puck, and it goes through the goalie's upper arm. Okay, glitch. But the weird thing is that you can see the puck as it travels through the goalie's jersey -- it makes the jersey bulge out in a puck shape, and then at the end the jersey almost seems to open to let the puck out:



    What I don't understand is why this code exists. I mean, the only way you can get that image of the jersey bulging because it has a puck moving beneath it is if there's code telling the jersey how to move when it has a puck underneath it. But is that something that ever happens IRL?

    The rendering code is a simpler solution with realistic looking results. It is just a displacement in the jersey mesh based on the puck volume and velocity. It has no knowledge of the actual collision. The whole puck has a collider so if it hits the jersey flush, you are going to get displacement from the whole puck on the cloth mesh or if it just nicks it, you are going to get slight displacement. OR, in the case where this collision issue happens, it can look like the puck is under the jersey because it doesn't actually collide with the cloth and just creates the artificial look of it. That is why it can go through the cloth and create the same displacement. It is the actual collision volumes that would keep the puck from going through the actual goalie.

    There are places on the goalie such as under the arm pits where the cloth hangs away from where he is more solid so this happens a bit more by design. There are other cases where the collisions aren't working properly or the collision volume isn't following the deformation/secondary rigging of the goalie body/equipment and the puck goes through the jersey mesh of an area that should be more solid like what we see with that shoulder. It is a bug either in the collision code or in the collision volumes retaining the same positions as the physical geometry we see when he moves his limbs, etc.




  • VeNOM2099
    3178 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    NHLDev wrote: »
    There are other cases where the collisions aren't working properly or the collision volume isn't following the deformation/secondary rigging of the goalie body/equipment and the puck goes through the jersey mesh of an area that should be more solid like what we see with that shoulder.

    I bet you speak "code" like that to all the girls... You cad, you! :wink:

  • SharlonD wrote: »
    SharlonD wrote: »
    SharlonD wrote: »

    So how about goalie pads that allow pucks to slide under them even though they are "flush" to the ice? Should the goalie maybe "glide" before dropping down? How does one ADJUST to this oh wise Sparky?


    That's not a gameplay issue that's a bug issue.. you can nitpick all you want I could care less if you enjoy the game.. you guys sound pathetic at this point

    The goalies are the most important aspect of this game as they're the ones that can affect the outcome of a game the most. Goalies can't adjust and do things to prevent pucks going through our bodies and equipment or pucks sliding under our pads that are flush with the ice.

    Yet we're the ones that sound pathetic?


    You sound pathetic trying to be smart a**es when you bring up glitches when I'm specifically talking about gameplay issues that aren't glitches. Obviously you can't adjust to pucks going through goalies and obviously those issues have to be fixed

    Yet I don't see anyone agreeing with you. I'll go with the majority here.

    You said the goalie issues aren't gameplay issues and are "bugs/glitches".

    A "glitch" is defined as a "minor" malfunction or problem that causes a temporary setback. Those goalie issues are definitely not "minor" in any way nor do they cause a temporary setback especially when one of those goals can affect the outcome of a game.

    I would say you're wrong as they're in fact gameplay issues.




    My point was I was saying adjust then someone said how do you adjust to pucks going through goalies which clearly I wasn't saying adjust to because that makes no sense and you obviously can't adjust to that.. majority in these forums is not the majority of all players who play NHL 17 so in fact you're in the minority you sheep.. definition of glitch: "a sudden, usually temporary malfunction or irregularity of equipment".. Keep making up definitions tho lmao.. pucks going through goalies is a glitch whether you make up definitions or not

    I never said the majority of all the players. I said the majority "here" so clearly you have have a comprehension problem. As for "all" the players, there is no way you can back up what you claim.

    Look up the definition of the word "glitch" and you will clearly see I'm correct and not making up the definition of the word. So pucks going through the goalies isn't a "glitch" so you're WRONG again.



    Im certain ea didn't design goalies to let pucks go through them; which would make this a glitch as it isn't by design, regardlesd of your incessant teenage angst.

    One thing to keep in mind, the shape of the goalie on screen is bigger than the physical solid goalie model. So if you see a puck going through the side or armpit or something, its because it's only a jersey that is in the way. Going under pads, could simply be a visual issue that isn't showing what's actually happening correctly .

    Personally, theres only a few changes i want made to goalie atm, and that's a slight reduction in movement using precision while in butterfly, and to allow us to make a last second adjustment to position without moving way too much just because the othet team happens to be shooting. Aka, you only tap the right stick slightly, but because the other team took a shot, it decides you should keep sliding and allows a goal. Otherwise, goalie feels the best it has to me in a while.

    It's faulty programming. You obviously need to understand the definition of the word "glitch" too.

    "because it's only a jersey in the way", "simply a visual issue". :lol: you must be blind and delusional if you can't see in the numerous videos people have posted (slowed down and zoomed in too) of the puck going through the goalies bodies and equipment which is physically impossible in real life and should be in this game too.

    So if pucks are going under and through pads and in the net then how can that be a "visual issue that isn't showing us what's actually happening correctly"? The correct thing would be the puck not being able to go under or through the pads and thus not going in the net. So if it is just a visual issue then why do these goals count?




    So EA DEV confirmed it is a BUG, which is essentially no different than a glitch. Thanks for coming out, better luck next year, slugger.

Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.