EA Forums - Banner

Breaking!!! NHL 18 coming out THIS YEAR only 265 days till release!!!!! LET! THE! COUNTDOWN! BEGIN!

Prev13
For NHL18 i predict a more polished version of 17 (which would be great because NHL 17 is the best game made ever) and im serious...i played NHL 09 NHL 10 NHL11 NHL 14 amd legacy over the holidays and then i played 17 and honestly this game has come a long way...the only game out of the ones i just listed that in my opion is actually fun to play with best AI is NHL 11....but all that to say...
customization will see a big boost...we will finally get to make our own masks....more sliders to mess with....
better skating
etc etc...

what do the rest of the guys and girls on here think will happen with NHL 18

Replies

• inthecrease31
    117 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    For the love of God, I hope 18 isn't simply just a polished version of 17. There is so much improvement that needs to happen.
    A polished tur(d) is still a tur(d).
  • Yeah, this is the last NHL I buy, unless there are some serious fixes. I will just keep playing NHL17. But I fear there's simply too many issues to fix in one year, with the current resources & dev team.
  • I want to see good AI next year. Stop listening to the HUT babies that don't know how to play hockey and get upset that they can't just dipsy doodle through everyone. Force them to learn how to play hockey and pass the damn puck around, to make plays and look for good scoring chances.

Make the AI goalies less apt to make desperation saves and better at stopping unscreened shots. I don't care how good a player's shot and aim is, if a goalie is EQUALLY good and square to the shot, it should be a save. Tired of seeing Legend Patrick Roy give up soft goals from the blue line on a cross grain floater.

For the love of god, bring back (limited) player attribute customization in EASHL. Stop listening to the scrubs that want to be good right away and be able to compete when they get the game in December when everyone else has been playing since August. Suck it up and "GIT GUD"!! Put in the time and improve your player build. You don't have the time? S#cks to be you, buttercup. I'm a father of 4 with a full time job. If I can find the time so could anyone else. If you "don't want to dedicate your life to a vidya game", then it shouldn't bother you that everyone else is level 99 while your player stays at level st00pit... go play HUT or Vs since you're a "casual".

Make improvements to the TPS engine. Add a lot more transition animations to allow us a lot more range of movements with and without the puck. Make sure ALL POSITIONS HAVE THE TOOLS TO DO THEIR JOB, not just the forwards!! Make the game teach new players the basics of how to play hockey by telling them what they're doing wrong! It's the one aspect this game is terrible at: players do the things they do because they're never shown the right way, they just do stuff until it works (right or wrong) and then run with it. I get that it's a video game, but having a little variety never hurts. Just because something only works 10% of the time, doesn't mean it's bad. Maybe if you combine it with the other 9 other things that work only 10% of the time, you might find something worthwhile. But nah... Let's just do the broken thing that work 99.9% of the time instead. I'm SUCH a stud!!!

I just want to see the game move forward, not backwards again.
  • RSall14
    604 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Ready for another year of disappointment and delay :)
  • Considering there has almost never been anything other than a slight change from previous version why would expect anything more? Seriously though I would greatly welcome a "polished" version. One full of bug fixes and improvements.
  • I would rather they cut/paste one year to the next without adding new features if it meant they were also on board 365 days a year (minus holidays) to tune and fine-tune the game to make it the best that they can make it. There is no reason to work on new ooh-shiny unless they can turn tur(ds) into gold first.

Just my simplistic opinion
  • I'm just hoping NHL 18 brings me more options when it comes to setting prices in franchise mode. I also hope they make Mexico City a destination for a hockey team. And a Mascot creator.
  • I'm just hoping NHL 18 brings me more options when it comes to setting prices in franchise mode. I also hope they make Mexico City a destination for a hockey team. And a Mascot creator.

I want a fully customizable zamboni and heated seats in my arena. I also want a fully functional program with all the necessary tools to create my own custom goal songs.

This game also lacks an outdoor mode where I can walk among the crowds and see if anyone is scalping tickets. Maybe a Be A Cop mode to bust scalpers? :D
  • Assisted_6 wrote: »
    Anyone see the trend for NHL games? The game releases and within 2-3 months people are dying for the next one because the current one isn't up to par

Thats only true because of what i feel is a lack of support in the form of patches and updates...after three months...complaints should be addressed.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I want to see good AI next year. Stop listening to the HUT babies that don't know how to play hockey and get upset that they can't just dipsy doodle through everyone. Force them to learn how to play hockey and pass the **** puck around, to make plays and look for good scoring chances.

Make the AI goalies less apt to make desperation saves and better at stopping unscreened shots. I don't care how good a player's shot and aim is, if a goalie is EQUALLY good and square to the shot, it should be a save. Tired of seeing Legend Patrick Roy give up soft goals from the blue line on a cross grain floater.

For the love of god, bring back (limited) player attribute customization in EASHL. Stop listening to the scrubs that want to be good right away and be able to compete when they get the game in December when everyone else has been playing since August. Suck it up and "GIT GUD"!! Put in the time and improve your player build. You don't have the time? S#cks to be you, buttercup. I'm a father of 4 with a full time job. If I can find the time so could anyone else. If you "don't want to dedicate your life to a vidya game", then it shouldn't bother you that everyone else is level 99 while your player stays at level st00pit... go play HUT or Vs since you're a "casual".

Make improvements to the TPS engine. Add a lot more transition animations to allow us a lot more range of movements with and without the puck. Make sure ALL POSITIONS HAVE THE TOOLS TO DO THEIR JOB, not just the forwards!! Make the game teach new players the basics of how to play hockey by telling them what they're doing wrong! It's the one aspect this game is terrible at: players do the things they do because they're never shown the right way, they just do stuff until it works (right or wrong) and then run with it. I get that it's a video game, but having a little variety never hurts. Just because something only works 10% of the time, doesn't mean it's bad. Maybe if you combine it with the other 9 other things that work only 10% of the time, you might find something worthwhile. But nah... Let's just do the broken thing that work 99.9% of the time instead. I'm SUCH a stud!!!

I just want to see the game move forward, not backwards again.

As far as tps i would like to see alot more ai gliding...its like 70% gliding 25% skating 5% standing while on the power play or penalty kill on offensive set up or defensive set up

• Assisted_6 wrote: »
    Anyone see the trend for NHL games? The game releases and within 2-3 months people are dying for the next one because the current one isn't up to par

Right on the mark as always mr assisted!

• EASHL is better the way it is if you suck at NHL then your going to suck if you're complaining about not being able to customize attributes it's really more or less that you just can't keep up and need to have a boost on everyone. Then some how you convince yourself that your good at the game. If it changes less player will be interested in the mode and then they couldn't justify putting resources in to that mode.
  • EASHL is better the way it is if you suck at NHL then your going to suck if you're complaining about not being able to customize attributes it's really more or less that you just can't keep up and need to have a boost on everyone. Then some how you convince yourself that your good at the game. If it changes less player will be interested in the mode and then they couldn't justify putting resources in to that mode.

1c4uye.jpg
  • Who gives a damn? The game is a continual dissapointment and a disgusting waste of money.
  • Pass.
  • djneohockey
    721 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Be careful with those wishes guys hah.

Edit:
    For me the Ai should be absolutely major focus. The gameplay gets repetitive pretty fast, just like every year from NHL 13. And like every year defensive skill stick.

As far as the features.. Roster/sliders share.

I personally don't need any other game mode other than Online season.

Presentation wise.. just finish real-time sequences. Let my guys skate to the benches etc. Fill this added time and space with stats layout and arenas-unique cameras.
    Add 2 point replays skipping.
  • Be careful with those wishes guys hah.

Edit:
    For me the Ai should be absolutely major focus. The gameplay gets repetitive pretty fast, just like every year from NHL 13. And like every year defensive skill stick.

As far as the features.. Roster/sliders share.

I personally don't need any other game mode other than Online season.

Presentation wise.. just finish real-time sequences. Let my guys skate to the benches etc. Fill this added time and space with stats layout and arenas-unique cameras.
    Add 2 point replays skipping.

This is why i hope they invite you back for the gamechangers thing...you would say exactly what any offliner would say
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I say it every year but I doubt NHL will ever have it (especially now that FIFA doesn't even have it) ... GameFace. I was shocked when I saw its no longer in their cash cow. Safe to say it won't ever make it to NHL.

I sent a dev a huge list of how to improve HUT. Hopefully HUT gets a major buff.
  • Well, I would love to play online. Just not with the settings that are used. But its this way because 4 minutes periods.

But yeah, it is not fun to me like that.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!