EA Forums - Banner

Breaking!!! NHL 18 coming out THIS YEAR only 265 days till release!!!!! LET! THE! COUNTDOWN! BEGIN!

Replies

• Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Well, I would love to play online. Just not with the settings that are used. But its this way because 4 minutes periods.

But yeah, it is not fun to me like that.

What if they went the Battlefield route and added purchase able dedicated servers where you could create custom matches? Dunno if the demand would be high enough but it would be great for league gaming.
  • Well, I would love to play online. Just not with the settings that are used. But its this way because 4 minutes periods.

I don't understand why EASHL Club is NOT set to FULL SIM. Just baffles me... I can understand Drop-ins and OTP being set to the arcadey "Competitive" settings, but Club should be on FULL SIM and at least 7 min periods.

C'mon EA!
  • KoryDub wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    Well, I would love to play online. Just not with the settings that are used. But its this way because 4 minutes periods.

I don't understand why EASHL Club is NOT set to FULL SIM. Just baffles me... I can understand Drop-ins and OTP being set to the arcadey "Competitive" settings, but Club should be on FULL SIM and at least 7 min periods.

C'mon EA!

Not sure I'd be a fan of a gameplay difference between Drop-Ins and Club. Being able to select a gameplay style and match up with those who selected the same would be a nice option, however.

Both modes, even though they are part of the same "Category" (EASHL) play like night and day anyways. Drop-ins is more like a game of pond hockey or "shiny" while Club is more like organized competitive hockey games.

The other option I requested a while back was to have two lobbies in EASHL, Pro and Hard Core. If you select PRO, Drop-ins and Club games are played with the competitive settings. If you choose Hard Core, you play with Full sim settings. I would imagine everyone playing LG would choose Hard Core.
  • Taste-D-Rainbow
    2514 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I know they've changed the titles but wasn't last gen online All-Star/Hardcore aka Full Sim? I can't stand "competitive", especially offline. Too arcade and caters only offense. Full Sim is definitely the way to go but they would have to increase the game play speed to counter 5 minute periods.
  • EASHL is better the way it is if you suck at NHL then your going to suck if you're complaining about not being able to customize attributes it's really more or less that you just can't keep up and need to have a boost on everyone. Then some how you convince yourself that your good at the game. If it changes less player will be interested in the mode and then they couldn't justify putting resources in to that mode.

1c4uye.jpg

If I'm wrong tell me why. I don't see any future where EASHL has attributes and still has as big of a community as it has now and doesn't get some sort of pay to win added in. Why have anything but a level playing feild across the board?
  • EASHL is better the way it is if you suck at NHL then your going to suck if you're complaining about not being able to customize attributes it's really more or less that you just can't keep up and need to have a boost on everyone. Then some how you convince yourself that your good at the game. If it changes less player will be interested in the mode and then they couldn't justify putting resources in to that mode.

1c4uye.jpg

If I'm wrong tell me why. I don't see any future where EASHL has attributes and still has as big of a community as it has now and doesn't get some sort of pay to win added in. Why have anything but a level playing feild across the board?

ice-hockey-team.jpg

and... pay.... to win?

oh right.

this e-sport e-athlete thing again.

1c4uye.jpg

If I'm wrong tell me why. I don't see any future where EASHL has attributes and still has as big of a community as it has now and doesn't get some sort of pay to win added in. Why have anything but a level playing field across the board?

Because being better or worse is part of life. Some people are naturally better at you at certain things. Having a game "artificially" level the playing field because you are not as good is as... well... ARTIFICIAL, as some of us wanting attribute customization in the game. This whole "participation trophy" mentality is killing the game. And before you argue that I want attribute customization because I can't keep up now that we have base builds, I'm a top 10 goalie online now (I couldn't even crack top 100 back in NHL 14). The talent pool has been watered down a lot from back in the day. The really good players (that are still playing) are still very good. And the rest can't be bothered to play for nothing... The one thing keeping EASHL alive is mostly LG at this point because at least there, people have a reason to keep playing.

So what if there are players who spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week playing the game to reach level 99 in 2 weeks. Isn't that how HUT works right now anyways? Why not make HUT a level playing field and give everyone the same base cards all with the same attributes... Let's see how many "top" HUT players keep playing the game that way. Not many... And you wouldn't have to wonder why people would be abandoning the game.

As for E-sports, this game needs a lot of work before anyone can even consider it. There are too many gameplay issues, bugs and general wonkiness that would make this a laughing stock of the E-sport community.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    EASHL is better the way it is if you suck at NHL then your going to suck if you're complaining about not being able to customize attributes it's really more or less that you just can't keep up and need to have a boost on everyone. Then some how you convince yourself that your good at the game. If it changes less player will be interested in the mode and then they couldn't justify putting resources in to that mode.

1c4uye.jpg

If I'm wrong tell me why. I don't see any future where EASHL has attributes and still has as big of a community as it has now and doesn't get some sort of pay to win added in. Why have anything but a level playing field across the board?

Because being better or worse is part of life. Some people are naturally better at you at certain things. Having a game "artificially" level the playing field because you are not as good is as... well... ARTIFICIAL, as some of us wanting attribute customization in the game. This whole "participation trophy" mentality is killing the game. And before you argue that I want attribute customization because I can't keep up now that we have base builds, I'm a top 10 goalie online now (I couldn't even crack top 100 back in NHL 14). The talent pool has been watered down a lot from back in the day. The really good players (that are still playing) are still very good. And the rest can't be bothered to play for nothing... The one thing keeping EASHL alive is mostly LG at this point because at least there, people have a reason to keep playing.

So what if there are players who spend 24 hours a day, 7 days a week playing the game to reach level 99 in 2 weeks. Isn't that how HUT works right now anyways? Why not make HUT a level playing field and give everyone the same base cards all with the same attributes... Let's see how many "top" HUT players keep playing the game that way. Not many... And you wouldn't have to wonder why people would be abandoning the game.

As for E-sports, this game needs a lot of work before anyone can even consider it. There are too many gameplay issues, bugs and general wonkiness that would make this a laughing stock of the E-sport community.

tyson-mic-drop.jpg
  • dregzo84 wrote: »
    For NHL18 i predict a more polished version of 17 (which would be great because NHL 17 is the best game made ever) and im serious...i played NHL 09 NHL 10 NHL11 NHL 14 amd legacy over the holidays and then i played 17 and honestly this game has come a long way...the only game out of the ones i just listed that in my opion is actually fun to play with best AI is NHL 11....but all that to say...
    customization will see a big boost...we will finally get to make our own masks....more sliders to mess with....
    better skating
    etc etc...

what do the rest of the guys and girls on here think will happen with NHL 18

You're a legitimate crackhead if you think this is the best NHL made lol pure garbage game....I personally won't buy another NHL until Rammer and the rest of these incompetent devs get cleaned out by EA
  • DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK!!!
    DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK!!!
    DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK!!!
    DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK!!!
    DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK!!!
    DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK!!!

please and thank you.
  • SaveUs2K wrote: »
    VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    I want to see good AI next year. Stop listening to the HUT babies that don't know how to play hockey and get upset that they can't just dipsy doodle through everyone. Force them to learn how to play hockey and pass the **** puck around, to make plays and look for good scoring chances.

Make the AI goalies less apt to make desperation saves and better at stopping unscreened shots. I don't care how good a player's shot and aim is, if a goalie is EQUALLY good and square to the shot, it should be a save. Tired of seeing Legend Patrick Roy give up soft goals from the blue line on a cross grain floater.

For the love of god, bring back (limited) player attribute customization in EASHL. Stop listening to the scrubs that want to be good right away and be able to compete when they get the game in December when everyone else has been playing since August. Suck it up and "GIT GUD"!! Put in the time and improve your player build. You don't have the time? S#cks to be you, buttercup. I'm a father of 4 with a full time job. If I can find the time so could anyone else. If you "don't want to dedicate your life to a vidya game", then it shouldn't bother you that everyone else is level 99 while your player stays at level st00pit... go play HUT or Vs since you're a "casual".

Make improvements to the TPS engine. Add a lot more transition animations to allow us a lot more range of movements with and without the puck. Make sure ALL POSITIONS HAVE THE TOOLS TO DO THEIR JOB, not just the forwards!! Make the game teach new players the basics of how to play hockey by telling them what they're doing wrong! It's the one aspect this game is terrible at: players do the things they do because they're never shown the right way, they just do stuff until it works (right or wrong) and then run with it. I get that it's a video game, but having a little variety never hurts. Just because something only works 10% of the time, doesn't mean it's bad. Maybe if you combine it with the other 9 other things that work only 10% of the time, you might find something worthwhile. But nah... Let's just do the broken thing that work 99.9% of the time instead. I'm SUCH a stud!!!

I just want to see the game move forward, not backwards again.

Congrats on having the most illogical argument these forums have ever seen! So let me get this straight, if I am against the RPG style grind which makes my guy ARTIFICIALLY better than your character which could lead to me being ARTIFICIALLY better at the game than you, I'm a scrub because I'm apparently for making ARTIFICIALLY better players? I love how you think it's unfair because your scrubby little AHL team gets wrecked by christmas nubs. How about you "GG" and tell your team to get some thumbs.

This is just absolutely foolish. Stop advertising that you represent LG, it's embarrassing. Not because you're for the RPG-style progression, but simply because you're so illogical and ridiculous that I can't help but login to respond to the nonsense. You sound just as crazy as the lunatic who keeps randomly shouting "e-athlete" and "TOK RRR CUZZTIMZAZISHUN" as if that will make him a relevant member on these boards or within the NHL community.

It's simply embarrassing.

Says "SaveUs2k"... a guy that clearly has never played 2k's basketball game that has CUZZTIMZAZISHUN and a PROGRESHHHUN system for online play that outsells hockey due in part to attracting a larger audience because they don't cater to a small group of people running a 3rd party league site with demands that push fringe fans of the sport away thus shrinking the base to what you have today here.

It's simply embarrassing for a highly trained e-athlete to have such a screen name.
  • VeNOM2099 wrote: »
    EASHL is better the way it is if you suck at NHL then your going to suck if you're complaining about not being able to customize attributes it's really more or less that you just can't keep up and need to have a boost on everyone. Then some how you convince yourself that your good at the game. If it changes less player will be interested in the mode and then they couldn't justify putting resources in to that mode.

1c4uye.jpg

One of few things that EA made great IMO is the class system. I love that my rl friends can hop in to my club and play with us on even field. As opposed to them being 65 OVRL and just being totally useless among us on top of our playing skill difference.

There's no participation trophy since better team wins 95% of the time. Just because you play more doesn't automaticly make you better and should not give you an advantage in a game like this. And if there would be attribute system after 100hours what would be the difference when everyone is "99 overall"? The pros would have found the best abilitys to make you as good as you can be and dumped down on the abilitys that matter the least.
    It would not make you better in the game it would make your time invested in trying to abuse the game work better.
    This is "dumped down" version but that dumped down version is what you even have in every single modern MMO's and RPGs because people tend to find the 'loopholes' and take advantage of the system. Every MMO that I know has classes for the very reason that the classes are made to be balanced while offering different playing styles just like here one can choose to be attacking defenseman or defensive one depending how you want to play on particular game.

This game has so small playerbase that dividing people with attributes would mean it would seem even smaller. It would give people excuses and it would break in to "meta" builds that would benefit people googling for the right answers instead of playing the game.

Now it's all about your skill and your team play and occasional puckluck.

Also I do not understand how you bring the moneycow of EA (HUT) in to this occasion when talking about how to make GOOD game mode. The HUT is kinda the RPG mode and in itself would be awesome but then you you can pay2win which just makes it in to a joke.

Out of the tens of people I have played with NO ONE has complained about the class system.
  • dregzo84 wrote: »
    Be careful with those wishes guys hah.

Edit:
    For me the Ai should be absolutely major focus. The gameplay gets repetitive pretty fast, just like every year from NHL 13. And like every year defensive skill stick.

As far as the features.. Roster/sliders share.

I personally don't need any other game mode other than Online season.

Presentation wise.. just finish real-time sequences. Let my guys skate to the benches etc. Fill this added time and space with stats layout and arenas-unique cameras.
    Add 2 point replays skipping.

This is why i hope they invite you back for the gamechangers thing...you would say exactly what any offliner would say
    DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK!!!
    DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK!!!
    DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK!!!
    DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK!!!
    DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK!!!
    DEFENSIVE SKILL STICK!!!

please and thank you.

Yup
  • SepiDN wrote: »
    Out of the tens of people I have played with NO ONE has complained about the class system.

Then you're playing with scrubs that need to a crutch in the way of an articial "balancing" system (base builds) in order to even come up to a good player's feet.

I can dominate either way. Can you?

And I'm with @BoboFloggins : you dare put "2K" in your username while NBA 2K has an attribute customization feature and progression system? And you call ME an embarrassment?

As for your LG comment, I've been back for only one month. I have a winning record. My teammates love me. My opponents respect me. How 'bout you sparky?
  • SepiDN wrote: »

Out of all the people I have played with the MAJORITY would rather have the progression/grind system.

I won't complain if you give me a basic hamburger with the basic toppings on it but I'd rather have the deluxe burger with toppings of my choice instead.

uh-oh.

no flat-brimmed MLG hat for you!

B)
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    SepiDN wrote: »

Out of all the people I have played with the MAJORITY would rather have the progression/grind system.

I won't complain if you give me a basic hamburger with the basic toppings on it but I'd rather have the deluxe burger with toppings of my choice instead.

uh-oh.

no flat-brimmed MLG hat for you!

B)

What's an MLG hat?

3e8181a6-4b9c-4470-aefd-f6ce446a3eca.png

It is mandatory that all stickers and tags remain on the hat if you ever get one.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!