EA Forums - Banner

Punish quitters in EASHL

124Next

Replies

• It's the ea way to reward trash for being trash... It makes perfect sense they punish everyone else for a person dropping out.
  • Well the 15 min cool down punishment can still be applied in club games without further deliberations. Go for it EA! Drop in games I'm fine with whatever.
  • There's a simple solution for this, if you quit you can't play another game until the game you quit has finished. They also need to add the vote to kick option I think most players will stick around if your allowed to kick the greifer/troll, and it will stop those babies that quit after one goal. Also they need to implement an in game feedback system so only those trolls can play with each other.
  • BoboFloggins
    2170 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Much like a few things that I feel should be adapted in this hockey game from 2K's basketball - just have a dynamic on the screen grade. You hit D- or F and yer booted.
  • Much like a few things that I feel should be adapted in this hockey game from 2K's basketball - just have a dynamic on the screen grade. You hit D- or F and yer booted.

The grading system has to be changed from starting at 50% then. At least for the defensive grade. I shouldn't receive a C or less because the actual game didn't give me enough opportunities to do the required things to increase my grade.

Oh no doubt.

I saw a screenshot of 3 C's equaling a D overall as well. Dunno what's up with the grading system.
  • 5natchHunt3e
    30 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Should be if you quit so many times in a sitting or over a week then you get a 10 min cool down every time for the rest of the day or week. If I have a poor connection and I get booted 5 times in a week I probably won't even try to play and really shouldn't if that's how bad it is. And if the way around that is just leaving the controller down till the game is over then the game can sense when your not playing then you should be booted and 10 min cool down
  • Who cares if they quit, I'd rather have a CPU that atleast plays well positionaly then some fool that doesn't want a "cool down"so he will stay and continue to be bad.

• Who cares if they quit, I'd rather have a CPU that atleast plays well positionaly then some fool that doesn't want a "cool down"so he will stay and continue to be bad.

Well I'd rather not play with or against any CPU at all. If I did, I'd play the other modes which I don't at all because of that specific reason.
    Understood...and that is what club or leagues are for.
    There will never be the perfect experience during drop ins.
    I just don't see a "cool down" working. When I'm not clubbing, I just want to play a good game of hockey...but I know what I'm getting into during drop ins.
    The best solution is to separate drop ins by CR and DNF.

• If only an anonymous 'vote out,' system could be implemented. Then if you get voted out of a game, you have that cool down period added on. There would need to be something to prevent people from kicking goalies, or scrubs voting out the good players in the game because they're scoring all the goals, and such.

Maybe that's where the grading comes in? I don't know... Probably too much work and such to be done, but there are games that you can vote players out (Rainbow Six Siege comes to mind).
  • Well the dnf should have wiggle room...like 35..
  • The invite should override everything...I'm just saying if you random drop in by yourself and your DNF is say 25 or higher...And your CRis 499 or lower ...you should match accordingly
  • The invite should override everything...I'm just saying if you random drop in by yourself and your DNF is say 25 or higher...And your CRis 499 or lower ...you should match accordingly

Using both DNF and CR together might work.
    Right, it's not a tell all, but it does tell you a bit about the player
  • Much like a few things that I feel should be adapted in this hockey game from 2K's basketball - just have a dynamic on the screen grade. You hit D- or F and yer booted.

The grading system has to be changed from starting at 50% then. At least for the defensive grade. I shouldn't receive a C or less because the actual game didn't give me enough opportunities to do the required things to increase my grade.

Oh no doubt.

I saw a screenshot of 3 C's equaling a D overall as well. Dunno what's up with the grading system.

Also, if you get a 6 save shutout, you don't have enough shots to get a good grade even though you completed your job at 100%. I am fine with the C+ or whatever it amounts to UNTIL the end of the game. Once the game ends, I would expect A+ all around for doing a PERFECT job. Don't see why the C+ stays even once the game is completed. Coach needs a good smack upside his head.