Bring back builds so you cant troll

Prev1
Can you guys bring back builds, no one cares and trolls games

Replies

• ^ :'( lol
  • justin3387 wrote: »
    Can you guys bring back builds, no one cares and trolls games

Yup
  • I did like the customization of attributes, but if you think that will stop the trolling, you haven't been playing drop ins from the beginning. Trolling has always been in drop ins, its always been bad. Trolls will be trolls.
  • IceLion68
    1221 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    I would rather they:

a) Bring back/tweak/expand the punishment system for trolling. They had a good idea going, but they need to refine it.
    b) Keep and expand on the class system - I still believe this is the right approach
    c) Allow a more meaningful progression system that does not unbalance the game.

Allocate a set number of attribute points (within the class system, no grinding for cards and levelling up please - need to keep a level playing field) but perhaps you can unlock sliders that allow you to tweak the balance between certain attributes. For example at level X it unlocks a slider that allows you to balance say, "shot accuracy vs shot hardness", or "" (please dont rip on my examples, just suggest your own, they are for illustrative purposes only). At lower levels perhaps its only sliders relevant to your class, at higher levels maybe it unlocks more "secondary attributes" for certain classes.

Post edited by IceLion68 on
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • IceLion68 wrote: »
    I would rather they:

a) Bring back/tweak/expand the punishment system for trolling. They had a good idea going, but they need to refine it.
    b) Keep and expand on the class system - I still believe this is the right approach
    c) Allow a more meaningful progression system that does not unbalance the game.

Allocate a set number of attribute points (within the class system, no grinding for cards and levelling up please - need to keep a level playing field) but perhaps you can unlock sliders that allow you to tweak the balance between certain attributes. For example at level X it unlocks a slider that allows you to balance say, "shot accuracy vs shot hardness", or "" (please dont rip on my examples, just suggest your own, they for illustrative purposes only). At lower levels perhaps its only sliders relevant to your class, at higher levels maybe it unlocks more "secondary attributes" for certain classes.

THIS. That would be a happy medium.

• IceLion68
    1221 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Too fix issue vs higher overall players it's called better match up system . Especially in Club my club in Division 1 should never play a division 5 or lower club if we do it should be a unranked game. Since the division tier came in it has never worked. Bring back the leagues you choose to play in like in 2011 2012. Elite for serious players Casual league for not serious. If your club is too good for Casual after say so many wins or club grade you should no longer be allowed to play in it. If you do poor in elite you get bumped to casual. They had this 5 years ago. Plus if you were elite and was matched with a casual it told you game was unranked. This should only happen if your Elite and can't find another elite club to play.

I am rarely in favor of doing anything that artificially divides the player base. TBH it sounds like you are afraid to lose to "lesser" players/teams. How does this in practice really differ from the divisions, except in the number of "leagues" there are? If you do poorly you get relegated, if you do well you get to move up.
  • IceLion68
    1221 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Yeah they had this year's ago in the last to installments they had caps for builds depending on type of player. Your theory or suggestion is the same as progressive builds .

Please stop talking to me like I never played the card system. And maybe you should reread what I wrote: What I described is NOT progressive builds. I am saying give everyone the equivalent of Legend 3 or whatever out of the gate: no progressing to acquire additional points to spend.
    Too fix issue vs higher overall players it's called better match up system . Especially in Club my club in Division 1 should never play a division 5 or lower club if we do it should be a unranked game. Since the division tier came in it has never worked. Bring back the leagues you choose to play in like in 2011 2012. Elite for serious players Casual league for not serious. If your club is too good for Casual after say so many wins or club grade you should no longer be allowed to play in it. If you do poor in elite you get bumped to casual. They had this 5 years ago. Plus if you were elite and was matched with a casual it told you game was unranked. This should only happen if your Elite and can't find another elite club to play.

I am rarely in favor of doing anything that artificially divides the player base. TBH it sounds like you are afraid to lose to "lesser" players/teams. How does this in practice really differ from the divisions, except in the number of "leagues" there are? If you do poorly you get relegated, if you do well you get to move up.

No made comment so people that suck or complain that it's not fair for progressive builds if your matched up against say a legend 3 and you only are say a Rookie 2. The match up system is horrendous now the old system with 2 leagues was fine. Explain to me how having League tiers of Division 1 to 10 helps match make? We have been division 1 for 4 months and play zero teams ranked higher then 4000 in leader boards and their competitive ratings are garbage so when my club wins we get a whopping 7 points. If we were actually matched correctly everyone on my team is around 725 Competitive Rating Teams we play are 450 max. All the tiers and competitive ratings are meaningless if the match up system doesn't work properly. The whole purpose years ago for tiers was to not match you outside your divisions.
    Sometimes the idea is good but the implementation is not. Just cause its not currently working as we think it should, doesn't mean its inherently a bad idea. TPS is arguably an example of this.
  • Yeah just give everyone a legend 3 out of the gate that makes sense. Game has lost a lot of people since they have no motivation to get to a legend card. What made the game great was trying to get the good grades and thresholds of goals in career. Gave people a reason to come back. But if they do keep these class builds they need to make them like a legend card of say at least a 88 overall skater. The way it is now these class are a 70 overall if that. But these builds also need to have different top speeds for classes. Having different speeds would help spread the ice better. Hockey is about team play and positioning and zone hockey. EA just needs to get back to that.

I think that is pretty subjective. Some people enjoyed that, others did not. If for whatever reason I get the game at Christmas, or I can only play once a week, I don't think I should be penalized to the point where I can barely be competitive. Again I think they should go back and think of a progression system that is both meaningful for all but not punish the more casual player. Obviously a bunch of people felt the same as did EA.

I do agree though that the classes should be higher overall and there should be more distinction between classes as well as more classes.
  • Hut plays great offline is great but eashl is just sloppy game because it's a cluster of guys skating next to one another because everyone is the same speed. Say playmaker should have say a speed of 90 . Defensive Dman 85 power forward 88 offensive d 90 grinder85 dangler 90. They should all have detailed attributes not a little bar with 4 attribute categories under one bar. Why don't they show us these class builds attributes with numbers not a bar. Show me his agility acceleration top speed. His poke check his hitting. These classes should differentiate more then they do now. It's give or take if you want to be dangler obviously your sacrificing hitting and getting knocked off the puck. But if you want to hit but not be a major scoring threat then grinder or enforcer. Right now the most OP build is power forward. But you can score just as well with a enforcer ,grinder,two way forward and two way Dangler all have the same shooting ability according to the bar and if you play with them you can barely tell the difference in shooting abilities. Dekes all feel the same unless your a dangler or offensive d man.
    That might be useful I guess, but I suspect the reason is that then we would be having a discussion over the numbers and what they should be and why they are wrong. Something EA would understandably want to avoid.
  • i don't think you'll ever get rid of the troll.
  • CrushRx wrote: »
    i don't think you'll ever get rid of the troll.

Trolling is definitely less now than it was any year before this.
    CrushRx wrote: »
    i don't think you'll ever get rid of the troll.

Trolling is definitely less now than it was any year before this.

Yeah because no one plays anymore

LOL well if any changes caused trolls to no longer play - good riddance I say.