EA Forums - Banner

New to EASHL

I'm a long time player never tried This mode before I get in to it any thing I need to know. Like what to do and what not to do.

Replies

• IceLion68
    1221 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    "Drop-in is like a box of chocolates, You never know what you're gonna get"
    - Forrest Gump

I am not sure there are any do's or dont's. Play your position, try not to get too heavily emotionally invested as the skill, team communication and general "douchiness" of your teammates will be a total crapshoot.

Not sure what you are asking specifically?
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.
  • Socair
    2716 posts Game Changer
    Drop in is terrible. Try to find a club. Play your position and don't be a puck hog. Help out defensively.
  • Play your position and pass the puck to the open skater
  • Too many people just force passes in front of the net even if the entire defense is collapsing.. find the open skater even if it's the dman and it will open the ice up for everyone on your team
  • I'm a long time player never tried This mode before I get in to it any thing I need to know. Like what to do and what not to do.

Nice try claiming you played on XBOX on my post . If I'm reading this right says you never tried this mode.

I'm not even reading half the stuff you write and the fact you waisted your time digging around makes me laugh that much harder thanks for providing me we entertainment while I took s**ts at work today
  • He is 100% correct in regards to what he has said about EASHL and you continue to act as though you have knowledge? You are new to the mode. The passing is off, many times the game cannot keep up with joystick movements, there is no seperation, and players move too fast in regards to the puck in the dzone. Everyone collapses and the AI picks off a slapper to the knee and chucks it down ice for a breakout, unless youre matched up with a team in your div with a comparable record. The AI is not balanced on both sides, losing attributes and ability to customize skate blades/curvature of stick has severely affected the game. When you used to cycle the ouck and back check, you woukd clown pound teams 12,13-0 before the end of 2. One team got so mad with our passing one year, they started taking penalties on purpose and we beat them 33-1. Learn why this game is problematic while I attempt to put a few things here.
    1. Putting a deke button was a horrible idea, it gets you trapped in an animation, the dekes are too slow, and I dont use it. I was and always will be a joystick deke guy.
    2. Players feel far too similar, aside from some minor agility differences.
    3. The goalies are all Patrick Roy with the glove, while I am now Patrik Stefan?
    4. The ability to stick lift has become the penalty button. Hint EA: stick lifts are not slashes
    5. You still are not kegally allowed to play the puck with a high stick in real life. Ahem...
    6. Again, what are with the oucks magnatizing to the stick and being pulled in odd directions?
    7. Why do passes sometimes default to a comp..oh, covered that in joystick movements
    8. Ask any real dedicated EASHL guy that was too tier, if he plays as much. The answer will undoubtedly be no. As stated, we used to play over 100 games a month, sometimes more..now we are at 200 all year and still div 1.
    9. EA has not made the game that much more casual friendly. Just enough to **** off the vets and create a slopfest, but not enough to knock us from elite tier..same as most vet clubs that still play.
    10. I could write a book on things they need to fix and what is wrong, but figured this was a good start.
  • He is 100% correct in regards to what he has said about EASHL and you continue to act as though you have knowledge? You are new to the mode. The passing is off, many times the game cannot keep up with joystick movements, there is no seperation, and players move too fast in regards to the puck in the dzone. Everyone collapses and the AI picks off a slapper to the knee and chucks it down ice for a breakout, unless youre matched up with a team in your div with a comparable record. The AI is not balanced on both sides, losing attributes and ability to customize skate blades/curvature of stick has severely affected the game. When you used to cycle the ouck and back check, you woukd clown pound teams 12,13-0 before the end of 2. One team got so mad with our passing one year, they started taking penalties on purpose and we beat them 33-1. Learn why this game is problematic while I attempt to put a few things here.
    1. Putting a deke button was a horrible idea, it gets you trapped in an animation, the dekes are too slow, and I dont use it. I was and always will be a joystick deke guy.
    2. Players feel far too similar, aside from some minor agility differences.
    3. The goalies are all Patrick Roy with the glove, while I am now Patrik Stefan?
    4. The ability to stick lift has become the penalty button. Hint EA: stick lifts are not slashes
    5. You still are not kegally allowed to play the puck with a high stick in real life. Ahem...
    6. Again, what are with the oucks magnatizing to the stick and being pulled in odd directions?
    7. Why do passes sometimes default to a comp..oh, covered that in joystick movements
    8. Ask any real dedicated EASHL guy that was too tier, if he plays as much. The answer will undoubtedly be no. As stated, we used to play over 100 games a month, sometimes more..now we are at 200 all year and still div 1.
    9. EA has not made the game that much more casual friendly. Just enough to **** off the vets and create a slopfest, but not enough to knock us from elite tier..same as most vet clubs that still play.
    10. I could write a book on things they need to fix and what is wrong, but figured this was a good start.

Why dont you and "RammerB10WS" take your bromance to another thread and try keeping this one on topic? The OP didnt ask what is broken in EASHL
    Dad. Gamer. Rocker. Geek.