EA Forums - Banner

NHL 20 Patch Details January 30th

Check out our January 30th patch details here.

Devs can you just admit it please

Prev134
l3354w72jxfu
36 posts Member
edited January 2017
In franchise mode if you go on long winning streaks your team will randomly start skating really slow and wont be able to accelerate at all. On top of that they will have trouble just getting a handle on the puck and will just be hampered in every possible way

I know this because every time I go on a 10-15+ winning streak there will be a random game where this happens and my players just can't accelerate at all. Then the next game they go back to normal

Just admit its in this game thats all I want.

Replies

• Ice tilt is real. Go to bed.
  • That's called lag. Lynch-CAN told you to go to bed. Now, wake up and smell the coffee. Lol.
  • Who do you think you are Columbus?
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    That's called lag. Lynch-CAN told you to go to bed. Now, wake up and smell the coffee. Lol.

How can there be lag when im playing offline?
    That's called lag. Lynch-CAN told you to go to bed. Now, wake up and smell the coffee. Lol.

Right -- lag is affecting him in franchise mode. Great explanation. Go back to your cave, Joey.

LMFAO. Only Joey speaks of lag in offline modes. How can anyone take you seriously??
  • Lol, lag in franchise mode. Care to explain that one slugger?

There's a couple of other ones in franchise/season mode. There's the computer will score on every shot from the beginning of the game til you switch goalies, which is 2 times a season like clockwork (computer scoring on its first shot is much more common. We aren't talking about good, high danger chances here either. Weak writers or backhanders from bad angles etc...) and of course the "furious third period comeback" in which your goalie decides that 4 mins is more than enough to blow a 5 goal lead on 6 weak shots. On the flip side there is the CPU won't shoot ever, no matter what mode, where they pass up breakaways and open slot shots to pass to to covered trailers, and my favorite entitled "all your passes are belong to us" in which, even with pass accuracy slider at 100 and pass interception slider at 0, the CPU will superhumanly and often blindly intercept every pass you attempt. Sticks will teleports from one hand to another, passes that are wide open will veer off course etc... so many more. Oh wait, never mind...it's lag.....in offline....right.
  • eric57664
    240 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    eric57664 wrote: »

I think you took what I said a little toooooo seriously.
    I guess you missed the part where I said lol? Hahahaha.

Seriously, put your glasses on when you read. I was kidding around. Lol. <

LMFAO. Only Joey speaks of lag in offline modes. How can anyone take you seriously??

I hope people don't take this guy seriously. Obvious troll is obvious.
  • megadeth_600
    1437 posts Member
    edited January 2017

Then put "lol" in the proper place. No wonder nobody takes you seriously. LOL! See what I did there. LOL!

LOL!

Joey is the best. LOL! Joey always has something smart and constructive to say LOL!

LOL!
    LOL!
    LOL!

Good grief Joey. Glad you returned to the forums LOL!

That backpedaling though....
  • DeejNYLV wrote: »

That backpedaling though....

Joey doesn't pedal. He glides and rotates the stick.
  • Dixonyu
    649 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    KoryDub wrote: »
    In franchise mode if you go on long winning streaks your team will randomly start skating really slow and wont be able to accelerate at all. On top of that they will have trouble just getting a handle on the puck and will just be hampered in every possible way

I know this because every time I go on a 10-15+ winning streak there will be a random game where this happens and my players just can't accelerate at all. Then the next game they go back to normal

Just admit its in this game thats all I want.

Ice Tilt does not exist.

If this behaviour is as common as you claim, can you post some captures of a game where your players have these acceleration issues?

Also, what difficulty are you at? Have you adjust any slider settings, and if so - can you post them?

Lol, ice tilt, aka puck luck is in the game ... No one can deny not , not even ea devs would deny that . But is there some sort of slider working against you probably not, although apparently someone found a catch up logic in Fifa ...
  • Bmh245
    895 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Ice Tilt does not exist.

If this behaviour is as common as you claim, can you post some captures of a game where your players have these acceleration issues?

Also, what difficulty are you at? Have you adjust any slider settings, and if so - can you post them?

What do you make of the code that people uncovered this year in FIFA, which pretty clearly seems to show the game increases difficulty for the user when he dominates possession, shots, and/or goals? FIFA devs have always denied there was "grass tilt" in the game also, but that's exactly what the adaptive difficulty code seems to represent. Or do you have a different explanation?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kgnfi/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/

• KoryDub wrote: »
    Bmh245 wrote: »
    Ice Tilt does not exist.

What do you make of the code that people uncovered this year in FIFA, which pretty clearly seems to show the game increases difficulty for the user when he dominates possession, shots, and/or goals? FIFA devs have always denied there was "grass tilt" in the game also, but that's exactly what the adaptive difficulty code seems to represent. Or do you have a different explanation?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FIFA/comments/5kgnfi/i_found_mention_of_momentum_in_fifa_17_game_code/

Do you actually believe that you can acquire the entire raw code for FIFA like this by simply opening the main EXE that runs the game in Notepad++?

Can you imagine the tactful advantages that could be abused if it were really this easy to decompile the source code of one of the biggest sports franchises, or any game for that matter?

Actually decompiling the code, if it was written in C#, would yield minimal results - not to mention comments would be stripped.

I don't know for sure, but I believe EA Sports' engines run in C++ - which is such hard thing to decompile. Even then, the user would need to know EXACTLY what to be looking for and again - comments (which are shown in the "evidence") would be axed during decompiling.

When the game is compiled, the structure of the instructions is mangled - for lack of a better term. The specific instructions referring to "momentum" could be 200,000 lines away from each other, but this user has managed to uncover "code" for the exact narrative he's trying to push within the same line?

This is an absolute fabrication.

There you go again stating something as fact with NO PROOF.
    Ryujinsum wrote: »
    Ice Tilt does not exist.

Do you actually believe that you can acquire the entire raw code for FIFA like this by simply opening the main EXE that runs the game in Notepad++?

Can you imagine the tactful advantages that could be abused if it were really this easy to decompile the source code of one of the biggest sports franchises, or any game for that matter?

Actually decompiling the code, if it was written in C#, would yield minimal results - not to mention comments would be stripped.

I don't know for sure, but I believe EA Sports' engines run in C++ - which is such hard thing to decompile. Even then, the user would need to know EXACTLY what to be looking for and again - comments (which are shown in the "evidence") would be axed during decompiling.

When the game is compiled, the structure of the instructions is mangled - for lack of a better term. The specific instructions referring to "momentum" could be 200,000 lines away from each other, but this user has managed to uncover "code" for the exact narrative he's trying to push within the same line?

There you go again stating something as fact with NO PROOF.

The proof is how laughable it is to think developers of a AAA sports title would put a momentum code in the game and:

A ) structure it in such a way that it could be decompiled in notepad..

B ) not even attempt to hide it, in the case it was decompiled. Blatantly calling it "momentum" when it's something so obviously blasphemous to the entire demographic would be a oversight to say the least.

I'm not saying they did but you still can't say 100% that you know it's not true.
    Ice Tilt does not exist.

You have to be joking. You think someone took the time to write all these lines of "code" (they're not from the source code, obviously, since that's closed -- they're comments):

http://paste.ideaslabs.com/show/1PoNNX3CpG

just to make people believe that momentum exists? That's completely ridiculous.

I guess this says it all, though -- there's literally no way for anyone to demonstrate that any kind of tilt is in the game, since even if the code showing it is found, EA will just deny that the code is real.

EA denies it, forums say it exists.

It's an endless circle.

We should maybe focus all of our efforts in to finding what goes on at Area 51 instead.

Right, because ea is going to admit that it handicaps good players so that casual fans can still compete. Whether ea wants to admit it or not they cater to a casual fan base. If casual players cant compete they stop playing. If they stop playing less games/packs are purchased. You're looking at the wrong circle.
This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!