EA Forums - Banner

EASHL Player Attributes Too Low?

Replies

  • RSall14
    613 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Offense is still OP, but defense is a lot better this year. Poke checks work great, tie ups are a nice addition ...and passes don't go through you if your in a lane or good position.
    I don't know how you can say it was "easier" in 16....it's not even close.

    Wrong, there's been videos posted where your player doesn't even react. The other obvious one being the puck going through the stick blade.
  • RSall14 wrote: »
    Offense is still OP, but defense is a lot better this year. Poke checks work great, tie ups are a nice addition ...and passes don't go through you if your in a lane or good position.
    I don't know how you can say it was "easier" in 16....it's not even close.

    Wrong, there's been videos posted where your player doesn't even react. The other obvious one being the puck going through the stick blade.

    Love it when your stick is right in front of the puck , but it magnetized through said players skate from two feet away and into his stick like magic .... Good old ea logic.
  • I think for a game (hockey) that has so many variables and moving parts the video game plays pretty well. Can it be improved, yes...and I think it will continue to.
    The way you guys lose your minds, you act like it happens all the time. I see it happen...but it's occasional.
    If you don't want the puck to EVER go through a stick, you can always go down to the pond and play some real hockey :)
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    i agree and disagree on the area of defensemen. Sorry but you can be facing the passer and still have the puck go directly through you many many times. so taking away the passing lanes is not enough. in fact I definitely felt like in NHL 15, previous gen, as a defensive dman I was much much better at intercepting passes.

    That's mostly my feeling as well. You might have more passes get through in 15, but it would be because you weren't facing correctly or something along those lines. If you were in position though, you did intercept the pass every time it felt. In 17, it's easier to face the play, but it feels like they toned down the interceptions to compensate for it.

    I can't be the only one that has passes go right through me when I read the play correctly. I'm not saying it happens a lot but way more than it should. I've seen videos of pucks going through physical objects like sticks and ppl say it's due to player class. So interceptions aren't where they should be.
    A lot of times I say, ****! I should of intercepted that. Then I dissect the replay and see, I was skating to fast, a little out of position, the pass had sauce on it...etc.
    ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE, the puck will go through my blade a bit...but overall the physics being more true and helpful to defensive play have improved greatly. Playing as a d-man, it used to be pretty frustrating watching that happen ALOT!

    I actually think defence was easier in 16 than in 17 due to the fact that offends was a bit nerfed. Passing accuracy was harder, passing reception was harder an
    KoryDub wrote: »
    When the dev team decides to tackle a project, they should make sure to start working on it ONLY if they know it will be 100% complete. This includes testing and bug fixes.

    I'm sure if the development team could predict the future, they'd be less concerned with using their new found powers to improve a video game.

    You're arguing with people that just don't understand anything, really. All they think is a video game should be perfect all the time and not be released until it is.

    Every game company does this. Time to catch up to the world, guys. Is it right? No. But that's how it is. Should you accept it? No. Should you like it? No. Should you
    KoryDub wrote: »
    If everyone says "That's do-able", then my question is, **** happened?

    During development, things happen all the time that sometimes hinder certain things from being accomplished.

    Excuses. This seems to happen all the time with this series. They'll try to do a certain thing but something will "hinder" them from doing that certain thing and then they'll screw something else up in the process.

    What do you mean "this series"? That's what happens with every single other game ever made. Do you not play other games?

    No. These things don't happen in "every single other game ever made". They don't happen in MLB: The Show, Tiger Woods, NBA 2K, Gran Turismo which are really the only games I've played off and on the past few years. I've also never heard of or have read about as many complaints as any other game made has much as this NHL series.

    I don't have to worry about the ball going through the first baseman's glove on an easy catch.

    I don't have to worry about a 400 yard drive down the middle of a fairway hitting a force field and only going 20 yards.

    I don't have to worry about driving my car through the pit stop and it not stopping and keeps driving through

    I don't have to worry about trying to block a dunk attempt and my player going through the backboard or getting frozen in the air.

    Other games simply don't have as many problems as EA has with hockey. Every year they might "fix" one problem but screw up another. The only things EA doesn't have a problem doing is making excuses and making sure HUT makes them money.

    It's funny you make up such stupid scenarios. Why don't I say then "well I don't see goalies standing in their heads, do I? I dont shoot the puck over the glass and on the next face off the puck turns into a beach ball, do I??" So can you make up any more u realistic scenarios?

    And if you're telling me you don't see bugs and glitches in any of those games, I call lies cuz every game has bugs. That's just computer programming for you. You can just go on YouTube and type in any game you want and put glitches after that name and see how many videos you find.

    Stop making lies up, plz.
  • I think for a game (hockey) that has so many variables and moving parts the video game plays pretty well. Can it be improved, yes...and I think it will continue to.
    The way you guys lose your minds, you act like it happens all the time. I see it happen...but it's occasional.
    If you don't want the puck to EVER go through a stick, you can always go down to the pond and play some real hockey :)

    That's what I thought can't defend them on this one huh?
  • Ryujinsum
    62 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    i agree and disagree on the area of defensemen. Sorry but you can be facing the passer and still have the puck go directly through you many many times. so taking away the passing lanes is not enough. in fact I definitely felt like in NHL 15, previous gen, as a defensive dman I was much much better at intercepting passes.

    That's mostly my feeling as well. You might have more passes get through in 15, but it would be because you weren't facing correctly or something along those lines. If you were in position though, you did intercept the pass every time it felt. In 17, it's easier to face the play, but it feels like they toned down the interceptions to compensate for it.

    I can't be the only one that has passes go right through me when I read the play correctly. I'm not saying it happens a lot but way more than it should. I've seen videos of pucks going through physical objects like sticks and ppl say it's due to player class. So interceptions aren't where they should be.
    A lot of times I say, ****! I should of intercepted that. Then I dissect the replay and see, I was skating to fast, a little out of position, the pass had sauce on it...etc.
    ONCE IN A GREAT WHILE, the puck will go through my blade a bit...but overall the physics being more true and helpful to defensive play have improved greatly. Playing as a d-man, it used to be pretty frustrating watching that happen ALOT!

    I actually think defence was easier in 16 than in 17 due to the fact that offends was a bit nerfed. Passing accuracy was harder, passing reception was harder an
    KoryDub wrote: »
    When the dev team decides to tackle a project, they should make sure to start working on it ONLY if they know it will be 100% complete. This includes testing and bug fixes.

    I'm sure if the development team could predict the future, they'd be less concerned with using their new found powers to improve a video game.

    You're arguing with people that just don't understand anything, really. All they think is a video game should be perfect all the time and not be released until it is.

    Every game company does this. Time to catch up to the world, guys. Is it right? No. But that's how it is. Should you accept it? No. Should you like it? No. Should you
    KoryDub wrote: »
    If everyone says "That's do-able", then my question is, **** happened?

    During development, things happen all the time that sometimes hinder certain things from being accomplished.

    Excuses. This seems to happen all the time with this series. They'll try to do a certain thing but something will "hinder" them from doing that certain thing and then they'll screw something else up in the process.

    What do you mean "this series"? That's what happens with every single other game ever made. Do you not play other games?

    No. These things don't happen in "every single other game ever made". They don't happen in MLB: The Show, Tiger Woods, NBA 2K, Gran Turismo which are really the only games I've played off and on the past few years. I've also never heard of or have read about as many complaints as any other game made has much as this NHL series.

    I don't have to worry about the ball going through the first baseman's glove on an easy catch.

    I don't have to worry about a 400 yard drive down the middle of a fairway hitting a force field and only going 20 yards.

    I don't have to worry about driving my car through the pit stop and it not stopping and keeps driving through

    I don't have to worry about trying to block a dunk attempt and my player going through the backboard or getting frozen in the air.

    Other games simply don't have as many problems as EA has with hockey. Every year they might "fix" one problem but screw up another. The only things EA doesn't have a problem doing is making excuses and making sure HUT makes them money.

    It's funny you make up such stupid scenarios. Why don't I say then "well I don't see goalies standing in their heads, do I? I dont shoot the puck over the glass and on the next face off the puck turns into a beach ball, do I??" So can you make up any more u realistic scenarios?

    And if you're telling me you don't see bugs and glitches in any of those games, I call lies cuz every game has bugs. That's just computer programming for you. You can just go on YouTube and type in any game you want and put glitches after that name and see how many videos you find.

    Stop making lies up, plz.

    Going to ignore all his examples are we? ;)
  • @IlyaSorokin90

    You know what, I made it easy for you.

    MLB the show.





    Forward to 5:48.


    What's next? Tiger woods? Here you go.





    What's next, NBA 2k? Here you go.





    What's next, grand turismo? Here you go.

    Did you say you wanted a pit stop glitch? There you go.



    Serious, go on YouTube and see every single game in history with bugs and glitches. Just type in any game. Even nes games had them. And they are worse now because there's just so much more coding and more people mixing matching their code that it causes bugs. You can't prevent it.

    @Ryujinsum good enough for you too? Now continue with the lies. No wonder you guys always complaining. Always making things up. It's video games, get over it. If it bothers you that much, stop playing it. Nobody is holding a gun to your head.
  • Seriously! Ya there are issues that need work, but the nitpicking is ridiculous. We have a game of hockey( a pretty decent one) were you can go online and play with people from all of the world, for the price of one night out...a dinner a movie and drinks etc... that provides many nights and hours of entertainment. Some of you need to get a grip.
  • Eric, JoeyVat, whoever you are,

    There is a difference between lousy programming and "glitches".

    If you want to have low standards and just accept mediocrity then go ahead. I rather not.

    Where is a game of you playing you scrub?

    And you know because you have a degree in programming? I didn't think so. Your "expertise" is irrelevant.

    I didn't say accept it. But calling this game trash gets it nowhere. Be productive instead of a whiner. There's a big difference.

  • eric57664
    240 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Where did you say or imply? Since you don't know what you're typing, I'll quote you.
    There is a difference between lousy programming and "glitches".

    Post your game. It's always the complainers that never want to show their play. You're the one with issues so show us your issues (raw gameplay) and we'll tell you why.

    Thanks.
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    Where did you say or imply? Since you don't know what you're typing, I'll quote you.
    There is a difference between lousy programming and "glitches".

    Post your game. It's always the complainers that never want to show their play. You're the one with issues so show us your issues (raw gameplay) and we'll tell you why.

    Thanks.

    The only issue I really have is that without the puck, I can't move my player side to side (strafing etc) while facing up the ice even though the play is behind me or anywhere else. I know why I'm unable to do so because it's NOT efficiently possible. I can "tap" my player to do so a tiny bit but he'll eventually pivot/turn and during gameplay I don't have time to carefully "tap" my player to do so and he doesn't move quick and far enough.

    I also already posted a raw video of myself playing a period of a drop in game in a thread on this board showing something similar. Go find it yourself. Or post an instructional video of how to do what I want to do without the puck during an drop in game yourself.

    If I say I can't do something as simple as making a hard boiled egg, you don't need a video to see what I'm doing wrong and if you're so willing to teach me how to do so oh great one then it would be easier for you just to provide that instruction video instead.

    Go into "free skate" mode.
    Leave the puck behind your net (bottom of the screen)
    Go stand in the slot area in front of that net.

    Now face up the ice and at the same time move quickly a few feet to the right and then back a few feet to the left. Do this while not having your player pivot and/or turn in any direction besides facing up the ice.

    It's not possible!

    In real life anyone that can skate can easily move side to side while always facing one direction. Yet in this hockey game, nobody can.

    Where's the video? Don't tell me to go find it. I'm not searching page after page for it. Direct me.

    And it's called precision skating. Learn how to use it. It is very effective.
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Where did you say or imply? Since you don't know what you're typing, I'll quote you.
    There is a difference between lousy programming and "glitches".

    Post your game. It's always the complainers that never want to show their play. You're the one with issues so show us your issues (raw gameplay) and we'll tell you why.

    Thanks.

    The only issue I really have is that without the puck, I can't move my player side to side (strafing etc) while facing up the ice even though the play is behind me or anywhere else. I know why I'm unable to do so because it's NOT efficiently possible. I can "tap" my player to do so a tiny bit but he'll eventually pivot/turn and during gameplay I don't have time to carefully "tap" my player to do so and he doesn't move quick and far enough.

    I also already posted a raw video of myself playing a period of a drop in game in a thread on this board showing something similar. Go find it yourself. Or post an instructional video of how to do what I want to do without the puck during an drop in game yourself.

    If I say I can't do something as simple as making a hard boiled egg, you don't need a video to see what I'm doing wrong and if you're so willing to teach me how to do so oh great one then it would be easier for you just to provide that instruction video instead.

    Go into "free skate" mode.
    Leave the puck behind your net (bottom of the screen)
    Go stand in the slot area in front of that net.

    Now face up the ice and at the same time move quickly a few feet to the right and then back a few feet to the left. Do this while not having your player pivot and/or turn in any direction besides facing up the ice.

    It's not possible!

    In real life anyone that can skate can easily move side to side while always facing one direction. Yet in this hockey game, nobody can.

    Where's the video? Don't tell me to go find it. I'm not searching page after page for it. Direct me.

    And it's called precision skating. Learn how to use it. It is very effective.

    I'll post it for you again.



    Where is yours?

    And I'll reply it for you again.

    Lololol. Brazenhead. Now that's funny. The same video you posted a few weeks ago showing everyone that skating is fine and "you have no issues facing the play."

    Remember?

    Uhhh what happen now? Did a rock fall on your head?
    Seriously, I'm baffled. Did you forget what you did with that same video a few weeks back? Lol.
  • eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Where did you say or imply? Since you don't know what you're typing, I'll quote you.
    There is a difference between lousy programming and "glitches".

    Post your game. It's always the complainers that never want to show their play. You're the one with issues so show us your issues (raw gameplay) and we'll tell you why.

    Thanks.

    The only issue I really have is that without the puck, I can't move my player side to side (strafing etc) while facing up the ice even though the play is behind me or anywhere else. I know why I'm unable to do so because it's NOT efficiently possible. I can "tap" my player to do so a tiny bit but he'll eventually pivot/turn and during gameplay I don't have time to carefully "tap" my player to do so and he doesn't move quick and far enough.

    I also already posted a raw video of myself playing a period of a drop in game in a thread on this board showing something similar. Go find it yourself. Or post an instructional video of how to do what I want to do without the puck during an drop in game yourself.

    If I say I can't do something as simple as making a hard boiled egg, you don't need a video to see what I'm doing wrong and if you're so willing to teach me how to do so oh great one then it would be easier for you just to provide that instruction video instead.

    Go into "free skate" mode.
    Leave the puck behind your net (bottom of the screen)
    Go stand in the slot area in front of that net.

    Now face up the ice and at the same time move quickly a few feet to the right and then back a few feet to the left. Do this while not having your player pivot and/or turn in any direction besides facing up the ice.

    It's not possible!

    In real life anyone that can skate can easily move side to side while always facing one direction. Yet in this hockey game, nobody can.

    Where's the video? Don't tell me to go find it. I'm not searching page after page for it. Direct me.

    And it's called precision skating. Learn how to use it. It is very effective.

    I'll post it for you again.



    Where is yours?

    And I'll reply it for you again.

    Lololol. Brazenhead. Now that's funny. The same video you posted a few weeks ago showing everyone that skating is fine and "you have no issues facing the play."

    Remember?

    Uhhh what happen now? Did a rock fall on your head?
    Seriously, I'm baffled. Did you forget what you did with that same video a few weeks back? Lol.

    You wanted a video so bad so I used the same one.

    Where is your video scrub?
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    eric57664 wrote: »
    Where did you say or imply? Since you don't know what you're typing, I'll quote you.
    There is a difference between lousy programming and "glitches".

    Post your game. It's always the complainers that never want to show their play. You're the one with issues so show us your issues (raw gameplay) and we'll tell you why.

    Thanks.

    The only issue I really have is that without the puck, I can't move my player side to side (strafing etc) while facing up the ice even though the play is behind me or anywhere else. I know why I'm unable to do so because it's NOT efficiently possible. I can "tap" my player to do so a tiny bit but he'll eventually pivot/turn and during gameplay I don't have time to carefully "tap" my player to do so and he doesn't move quick and far enough.

    I also already posted a raw video of myself playing a period of a drop in game in a thread on this board showing something similar. Go find it yourself. Or post an instructional video of how to do what I want to do without the puck during an drop in game yourself.

    If I say I can't do something as simple as making a hard boiled egg, you don't need a video to see what I'm doing wrong and if you're so willing to teach me how to do so oh great one then it would be easier for you just to provide that instruction video instead.

    Go into "free skate" mode.
    Leave the puck behind your net (bottom of the screen)
    Go stand in the slot area in front of that net.

    Now face up the ice and at the same time move quickly a few feet to the right and then back a few feet to the left. Do this while not having your player pivot and/or turn in any direction besides facing up the ice.

    It's not possible!

    In real life anyone that can skate can easily move side to side while always facing one direction. Yet in this hockey game, nobody can.

    Where's the video? Don't tell me to go find it. I'm not searching page after page for it. Direct me.

    And it's called precision skating. Learn how to use it. It is very effective.

    I'll post it for you again.



    Where is yours?

    And I'll reply it for you again.

    Lololol. Brazenhead. Now that's funny. The same video you posted a few weeks ago showing everyone that skating is fine and "you have no issues facing the play."

    Remember?

    Uhhh what happen now? Did a rock fall on your head?
    Seriously, I'm baffled. Did you forget what you did with that same video a few weeks back? Lol.

    You wanted a video so bad so I used the same one.

    Where is your video scrub?

    And what exactly am I suppose to look at? I didn't see any attempt to use precision skating. Go learn it. It's very useful and effective.
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.